Time to change GA matchmaking?

Replies

  • Waqui
    7341 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    • R5 Bossk
    • R5 Jango
    • R5 Wampa
    • R5 KRU
    • R4 EP
    • R4 MT
    • R5 Boba
    • R7 Marauder
    • R5 Vet Han
    • R4 Dooku
    • R3 Sion
    • R3 DN
    • R3 Young Lando
    • R3 Zaalbar
    • R3 Vandor Chew

    This is why you are getting the matchups you are getting.

    Now compare to my roster.

    https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/characters/

    I only relic what is necessary and as far as is necessary. My roster is entirely Arena and GAC focused. Yours is not. That's fine, but you are blaming CG for your own choices.

    It is a collection game.

    Play the game jowever you like and however is more fun for you. Just be aware, that your choices influence your results.
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    I’m blaming CG for their terrible matchmaking, you need Vet han for this Kylo farm you say I’m putting off you also need Kru (now they’re pointless) wanna double back anymore?

    You don't need to relic them all until you're actually ready for the event or you benefit from it in GAC. It was your choice to do so.
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    So if anyone is wants a fair match up they shouldn’t work on anything as you haven’t listed much there that is actually pointless.

    It's not pointless. It just has consequences. You've known how matchmaking works since championships were introduced. It was your choice to not adapt the way you build your roster accordingly. Getting upset when people tell you this doesn't do you any good. Adapting the way you build your roster in the future does. Regard it as a helping hand.

  • Liath
    5087 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I can't help myself.

    Why do you need them all *now*?

    You need them when you are ready for Kylo. You are not ready. That's your choice.

    But you put the gear on while working on them, maybe I should just farm all that gear and not place any until I’m ready for them wouldn’t that be fun imagine trying to work out what you need and not placing any of it.

    You’re trying to blame poor matchmaking because I’ve got a few toons at relic that you consider fluff and because I don’t want to take an inventory and I place gear as and when I get it.

    Yes.

    I take inventory and equip nothing until it's fully usable for my intended purposes. Which includes unlocking a meta toon.

    Sorry you don't find that fun. It explains everything though.

    See ya round. But not in GAC lol.

    imagine having to take an inventory of relic material needed Aswell who has time for that it’s a game not a job but if you wanna spend all your time doing that, guess that’s your choice.

    We don't have to imagine it, that's exactly what we do. If you don't want to do that, do you, but accept the consequences of your choices.
  • MaruMaru
    650 posts Member
    MM can change and I agree it should change (not in the way you are imagining). But you have 67 g13s...all produced under the current mm paradigm where you know the impact of doing so. For tracking gear towards GLs, you can use swgoh.ggs gl counter.
  • I don’t think you guys are getting it, I know it’s decided on top 80 and I’m entitled to think the match making is extremely poor.

    Like I said above I don’t expect anything to change but whatever you say it’s still garbage matchmaking.

    Fully aware of how it works though but thanks.

    Ps honestly you guys do that inventory stuff you must see this game as a day job.. if it works for you that’s cool.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    MM can change and I agree it should change (not in the way you are imagining). But you have 67 g13s...all produced under the current mm paradigm where you know the impact of doing so. For tracking gear towards GLs, you can use swgoh.ggs gl counter.

    It doesn’t matter that I have 67 quite often my opponents have more and more GP than me.

    It does need changing again I don’t think it will but I thought I would place a post on here anyhow 😂 yes they were my own choices fully aware of that, still because I relic’d Vandoor and young Lando shouldn’t mean I pull someone with 2 GLs and the same amount of G13 as me pretty much every matchup.

    No I don’t expect a free win either dont mind losing at all just think matchmaking needs sorting it’s like people who don’t have a GL getting people that do.

    It’s poor matchmaking.
  • Akenno
    506 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    So every GA I’m getting people with both GLs and JKL.

    How am I supposed to win with just one GL? It’s just not gonna happen I mean it’s Rey aswell so may aswell use her on offence since she’s countered to death by all sorts now, may aswell allow ugnaught to counter her next.

    Seriously top 80 isn’t a fair matchup now with GLs in the game

    That is what I am saying all the time... Top 80 won't be good enough. Either do it to top 100 or do a MM based upon GAC points and more divisions (every 200k one).
  • Waqui
    7341 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    I don’t think you guys are getting it, I know it’s decided on top 80 and I’m entitled to think the match making is extremely poor.

    Oh, we get it. I simply disagree with you that your requested change would make matches more fair. They would help you to easier matches, yes, but not more fair matches.
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    Ps honestly you guys do that inventory stuff you must see this game as a day job.. if it works for you that’s cool.

    The most important part is to not press "equip" or "upgrade" just because you can. You don't need too over complicate things. Just don't press it until it benefits you.

  • MaruMaru
    650 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MM can change and I agree it should change (not in the way you are imagining). But you have 67 g13s...all produced under the current mm paradigm where you know the impact of doing so. For tracking gear towards GLs, you can use swgoh.ggs gl counter.

    It doesn’t matter that I have 67 quite often my opponents have more and more GP than me.

    It does need changing again I don’t think it will but I thought I would place a post on here anyhow 😂 yes they were my own choices fully aware of that, still because I relic’d Vandoor and young Lando shouldn’t mean I pull someone with 2 GLs and the same amount of G13 as me pretty much every matchup.

    No I don’t expect a free win either dont mind losing at all just think matchmaking needs sorting it’s like people who don’t have a GL getting people that do.

    It’s poor matchmaking.

    Heh thanks for answering arguments I didn't make. It's not this or that toon, but the totality of it. I'm not too much different than you. I'm at 49 g13s, 1 gl. My pools are mostly 1 gl opponents with a rare no gl, and I've yet to see 2 gl...or luke. I take your case as a warning for myself to stop g13ing until I'm ready to face 2 gls.

    Following your gear accumulation towards gls is superbly easy, as simple as putting those gear on instead.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    I don’t think you guys are getting it, I know it’s decided on top 80 and I’m entitled to think the match making is extremely poor.

    Oh, we get it. I simply disagree with you that your requested change would make matches more fair. They would help you to easier matches, yes, but not more fair matches.
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    Ps honestly you guys do that inventory stuff you must see this game as a day job.. if it works for you that’s cool.

    The most important part is to not press "equip" or "upgrade" just because you can. You don't need too over complicate things. Just don't press it until it benefits you.

    My change?

    I said it needs changing I haven’t actually said how it should change so my idea is to change it as there must be a fairer way.

    So you’re making out I’ve said a way to make it fairer for me when I haven’t.

    For like the 5th time I don’t expect it to change but don’t tell me this matchmaking is fair.. it’s not putting relics on a couple of toons shouldn’t = an extra GL with 6 zeta’s and a JKL.

    Yes I know it does... doesn’t mean it should.
  • Noticed most people commenting don’t even face 2 GLs in GA.

    Nice one for you lot happy for you until your in my position easy for you to say it’s fair.
  • Kokie
    1311 posts Member
    So I did a search of "is it time to change GAC matchmaking "..........still never too late to beat a dead horse i guessbvu26wgzdn9w.jpg
  • Kokie wrote: »
    So I did a search of "is it time to change GAC matchmaking "..........still never too late to beat a dead horse i guessbvu26wgzdn9w.jpg

    Sorry I do apologise I didn’t search for it myself I’m not a constant user of the forums.
  • MaruMaru
    650 posts Member
    Maybe because everyone knows the outcome of doing so. If one is without a gl at 30-40 relics that would also put them in a disadvantaged situation.

    I'm currently preparing for luke 2nd round. Besides the immediately useful toons like vader; hyoda,c3po,lando,rolo,chs will wait for their g13s carefully tuned to stay below my top 80 line with the gear necessary intact. The same gear may end up going to something else if need be. Hence...I won't be in your position...by choice.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Maybe because everyone knows the outcome of doing so. If one is without a gl at 30-40 relics that would also put them in a disadvantaged situation.

    I'm currently preparing for luke 2nd round. Besides the immediately useful toons like vader; hyoda,c3po,lando,rolo,chs will wait for their g13s carefully tuned to stay below my top 80 line with the gear necessary intact. The same gear may end up going to something else if need be. Hence...I won't be in your position...by choice.

    Right that’s good for you.

    Still doesn’t mean the matchmaking is fair though does it why should you have to play like that?

    It’s a collecting game and you shouldn’t have to do an inventory and not equip it.

    Just because that’s how it is doesn’t mean it should be. (Fully aware it’s like that and probably won’t change so let’s not keep going round in circles) looking at all the posts above I’m obviously not the only one that thinks it.
  • Saada
    399 posts Member
    edited June 28
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Maybe because everyone knows the outcome of doing so. If one is without a gl at 30-40 relics that would also put them in a disadvantaged situation.

    I'm currently preparing for luke 2nd round. Besides the immediately useful toons like vader; hyoda,c3po,lando,rolo,chs will wait for their g13s carefully tuned to stay below my top 80 line with the gear necessary intact. The same gear may end up going to something else if need be. Hence...I won't be in your position...by choice.

    Right that’s good for you.

    Still doesn’t mean the matchmaking is fair though does it why should you have to play like that?

    It’s a collecting game and you shouldn’t have to do an inventory and not equip it.

    Just because that’s how it is doesn’t mean it should be. (Fully aware it’s like that and probably won’t change so let’s not keep going round in circles) looking at all the posts above I’m obviously not the only one that thinks it.

    Mate forget about these guys. What they're doing is manipulating their match ups so they get easier opponents (it is smart but is very much like the people with a broad roster being put against the focused roster when grand arena first started). So it's really not what gac is designed for since its meant to see who is the best based on skill not just roster choices. If that was the case then just match all opponents based on total gp like we used to and if it's uneven then just say like these guys do "Your 5mil roster choices were bad compared to my 5mil so suck it up."
    If you had their roster and fought against their opponents you would win, so does this really show that they are great at the game, definitely not when any one can win with their match ups.
  • Legend91
    1242 posts Member
    or just base MM on a proper Elo rating system
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • MaruMaru
    650 posts Member
    Except...all my matchups are doing the same.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    So I did a search of "is it time to change GAC matchmaking "..........still never too late to beat a dead horse i guessbvu26wgzdn9w.jpg
    What point are you trying to make? The screen shot you posted shows comments contained within this thread.
  • Kokie
    1311 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    So I did a search of "is it time to change GAC matchmaking "..........still never too late to beat a dead horse i guessbvu26wgzdn9w.jpg
    What point are you trying to make? The screen shot you posted shows comments contained within this thread.

    Yeah because there are over 1000 comments in this thread🤦‍♂️
  • TaTaKaS
    95 posts Member
    So @Paulos999 what exactly is your proposal for fairer matches? Compare top x and then gls and epic confrontation and legendary and so on characters?

    I have sacrificed relicing fun characters to make my roster better for gac. Isn't it fair for me who have sacrificed upgrading crappy characters in game that I love in the star wars movies to upgrade rose tico and holdo who I genuinely hate just to be competitive in gac to get the match ups that I get?

    If you have reliced 67 characters and have no gl then this is your choice as they only require 12 each. I have less than half of that and I am getting closer to Rey.

    It is a collection game but it also is a resource management game and requires some strategic choices if you want to excel in all game modes with balance. If you want to have max fun that's more than fine but do not expect to compete with guys with better roster development. You can't have it all in this game unfortunately. And you shouldn't. Otherwise there would be no competition. Some choices get you the most fun and some choices get you more success. Choose wisely and accept your choices.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    So I did a search of "is it time to change GAC matchmaking "..........still never too late to beat a dead horse i guessbvu26wgzdn9w.jpg
    What point are you trying to make? The screen shot you posted shows comments contained within this thread.

    Yeah because there are over 1000 comments in this thread🤦‍♂️
    My phone can highlight parts of an image I want to draw people’s attention to. Time for you to upgrade?
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    So @Paulos999 what exactly is your proposal for fairer matches? Compare top x and then gls and epic confrontation and legendary and so on characters?

    I have sacrificed relicing fun characters to make my roster better for gac. Isn't it fair for me who have sacrificed upgrading crappy characters in game that I love in the star wars movies to upgrade rose tico and holdo who I genuinely hate just to be competitive in gac to get the match ups that I get?

    If you have reliced 67 characters and have no gl then this is your choice as they only require 12 each. I have less than half of that and I am getting closer to Rey.

    It is a collection game but it also is a resource management game and requires some strategic choices if you want to excel in all game modes with balance. If you want to have max fun that's more than fine but do not expect to compete with guys with better roster development. You can't have it all in this game unfortunately. And you shouldn't. Otherwise there would be no competition. Some choices get you the most fun and some choices get you more success. Choose wisely and accept your choices.

    Try reading it works well... I do have a GL I have Rey (unfortunately)

    I haven’t relic’d many fun characters at all for instance even the guy who would do anything to stick up for CG could only pick about 13 (they’re not all bad picks at all) I haven’t geared my roster for fun I’ve only worked on mostly the best teams, however I’m now pulling people with both GL and JKL they have more GP everytime and you cannot tell me that is fair.

    It shouldn’t be about resource management tbh it’s not Star Wars galaxy of hoarders.

    I’m not the only one who feels this way apparently there is tons of threads on it..

    Thanks for the advice though won’t fix matchmaking at all.
  • Paulos999
    312 posts Member
    edited June 28
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    So @Paulos999 what exactly is your proposal for fairer matches? Compare top x and then gls and epic confrontation and legendary and so on characters?

    Tbf I have a full time job which isn’t this game and a family to look after I don’t have a proposal but it isn’t my job is it, the people who are paid to do it should be able to come up with something fairer.

    Ps you’re close to Rey? Unlucky.

    Should have went Kylo I made the same mistake but it happens.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    So I did a search of "is it time to change GAC matchmaking "..........still never too late to beat a dead horse i guessbvu26wgzdn9w.jpg
    What point are you trying to make? The screen shot you posted shows comments contained within this thread.

    Yeah because there are over 1000 comments in this thread🤦‍♂️

    54 now...

    Definitely not over 1000 😂
  • MaruMaru
    650 posts Member
    I agree that it's galaxy of hoarders now and don't see that changing. mm wouldn't change either, cause hoarding is about being ready for the next big thing or risking falling behind in an environment CG wants you to spend instead of hoarding.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    I agree that it's galaxy of hoarders now and don't see that changing. mm wouldn't change either, cause hoarding is about being ready for the next big thing or risking falling behind in an environment CG wants you to spend instead of hoarding.

    Correct completely agree hence why I wrote this in the first place because rebellions are built on hope...

    Still don’t expect anything to change 😂
  • Paulos999 wrote: »

    I said it needs changing I haven’t actually said how it should change so my idea is to change it as there must be a fairer way.

    This is a copout. "It should be changed because there's probably a fairer way" isn't really an idea.
  • Paulos999 wrote: »

    I said it needs changing I haven’t actually said how it should change so my idea is to change it as there must be a fairer way.

    This is a copout. "It should be changed because there's probably a fairer way" isn't really an idea.

    I have a life and I’m not paid to think of these things I didn’t exactly say I had an idea did I?

    Merely said it should be changed now..

    Not a cop out, I also don’t believe anything will be changed lemme guess you don’t face more than one GL either right.

    Thanks though.
  • cboath7
    184 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    • R5 Bossk
    • R5 Jango
    • R5 Wampa
    • R5 KRU
    • R4 EP
    • R4 MT
    • R5 Boba
    • R7 Marauder
    • R5 Vet Han
    • R4 Dooku
    • R3 Sion
    • R3 DN
    • R3 Young Lando
    • R3 Zaalbar
    • R3 Vandor Chew

    This is why you are getting the matchups you are getting.

    Now compare to my roster.

    https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/characters/

    I only relic what is necessary and as far as is necessary. My roster is entirely Arena and GAC focused. Yours is not. That's fine, but you are blaming CG for your own choices.

    It is a collection game.

    I’m blaming CG for their terrible matchmaking, you need Vet han for this Kylo farm you say I’m putting off you also need Kru (now they’re pointless) wanna double back anymore?

    So if anyone is wants a fair match up they shouldn’t work on anything as you haven’t listed much there that is actually pointless.

    Once you're in the top tier, there are guys at 5m and guys at 10M. Those 10M guys have to face someone and with the random nature, you're going to get mismatches.

    Their algorithm isn't that great based on what you've explained and thats true. It is what it is - flaws and all. Is it right that in a collection game the whole collection doesn't get evaluated and just the top (80 i think) do? Short answer is if you're super top heavy, the equation is going to think you're stronger than you are. Evaluating the top 80, you total say 3M GP (no clue throwing out a number). Someone with twice your GP has a super balanced roster, his top 80 can be in the 3M range as well, their equation see's a match.

    I don't know how many teams the top tier is placing. In T3, 2/2/2/1 fleet. 6x5 = 30 toons defense, + 30 toons offense. If you're top 60, in that case, have equal GP the equation i'd write would likely match as well. I think trying to get into specific toons just makes a massively difficult algorithm to try and create.

    Perhaps a solution in this type of case is to weight GL a good deal heavier in the calcs? With the way they work, just saying the 5k extra in a pair of zeta's is a fair method of determining their value is probably not right.

    The underlying problem is you're allowed to buy wins (that's another issue). Their logic is, if you want to win bad enough, spend insane amounts of money to buy you're own SLKR. If not, it's all on you. (their take, not mine :) ) Make no mistake, they don't care if you're having fun, they only care that people are spending and that there's enough people still around to get the spenders spending. No more. No less.

    Now that isn't to complain about that set up. While it's not the way to set a fair game, it's the method they chose. Everyone of us realized at some point that that was the path they chose and decided to play after knowing it. I know people it's become 'unfun' for and left. Some came back in time, some didn't.

    I'll agree, they need to do more to get more of the fun though. It's not enjoyable to get in and see you have no chance. As a developer it's something you should be striving to keep from happening. That's just not happening across the board.

    I think they should maybe evolve tiers past tier 1. Tier 1 will only get bigger and bigger. I don't not relish the day i finally crack the 4.5M threshhold or whatever only to be put in the same boat as people over 10M.
  • Waqui
    7341 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    I don’t think you guys are getting it, I know it’s decided on top 80 and I’m entitled to think the match making is extremely poor.

    Oh, we get it. I simply disagree with you that your requested change would make matches more fair. They would help you to easier matches, yes, but not more fair matches.
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    Ps honestly you guys do that inventory stuff you must see this game as a day job.. if it works for you that’s cool.

    The most important part is to not press "equip" or "upgrade" just because you can. You don't need too over complicate things. Just don't press it until it benefits you.

    My change?

    I said it needs changing I haven’t actually said how it should change so my idea is to change it as there must be a fairer way.

    So you’re making out I’ve said a way to make it fairer for me when I haven't.

    You want it changed to not match you against opponents with 2 GLs and JKL since you only have 1 GL. That's a change. It's a there in your OP. And no, it doesn't make matches more fair.
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    For like the 5th time I don’t expect it to change but don’t tell me this matchmaking is fair.. it’s not putting relics on a couple of toons shouldn’t = an extra GL with 6 zeta’s and a JKL.

    Yes I know it does... doesn’t mean it should.

    You're still confusing fair with even. Learn the difference.

    Why should you have easier matches just because you invested your gear and relic materials poorly? That wouldn't be fair.
Sign In or Register to comment.