Time to change GA matchmaking?

Replies

• Paulos999 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    Playing like TVF is hardly even playing the game, just log in get some gear then log back out... exciting not even going on your gear screen.

Very true.

Well, except for doing arena battles.

And fleet arena battles.

And TB battles.

And TW battles.

And Sith raid.

And Assault Battles.

And events like Jedi Luke's event, which I got to enjoy and most people didn't.

What a few battles in TB a few I’m TW and not completing all the assault battles either... yeah great loads of fun.

Enjoy hoarding. 👍🏻

Oh and fleet arena is boring as sin as is squad arena.

glad you love it though.

Yep, that’s why in TW you fight 3 - 4 different walls of the same thing. The arena is the same with very little diversity and if it’s a different team, it’s only because they haven’t got the meta team yet which will just add to total number at the top. Remember when the top 50 was entirely JKR and then DR and then all GAS etc.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Well, this thread was a good read lol. All I can say to you OP is, that you just have to deal with it. Could matchmaking be improved? Sure. But we need to accept that it is what it is, at least as of now. And you just need to accept that others built their roster with mainly GAC in mind. It was their choice. You didn't build yours with GAC in mind, which again, is your choice. You can't blame people like TVF for building their roster the way they did. If anything, blame CG. I don't like the way the matchmaking works either because it incentivizes such behaviour, and you could call those players people that "game the system". But you can't blame them for wanting to excel in GAC.

I try to keep my roster focused enough for GAC, while still doing very well in other modes. I pay attention to what I gear, and when I gear it, but not as strict as TVF for example, or Bus74 to name an extreme one. I personally do have some relics that probably didn't need to be as high as I have them, but I try not to go overboard with them and make smart decisions still. But again, this is entirely my choice. I know that doing this will affect my GAC, but the difference is that I don't come here to complain about how bad matchmaking is, or wanting to only match me with people that also don't have any GLs like I do. I constantly face people that have more relics than I do, and more GP, or stuff that I don't have, but I just accept it and see it as a challenge. It's my decision to not go hyperfocused on GAC like those people who watch every little detail and pay attention to how it affects their GAC, but I still do pretty well overall.

But you shouldn't blame people for doing so. It is their right to build their roster the way they want to. And if it means they will excel in GAC, then so be it. This game is a game of choices. Everything you choose to do or not to do, affects every single game mode in some way. Nobody is telling you what to do, but you just need to be aware of the consequences of everything you do, and have to just suck it up if it's not going the way you like. That's my 2 cents.

Like I’ve said a few times tbh I’m not even bothered, but someone had to post something eventually for the people that get constantly screwed over through poor matchmaking.

You didn't get sewed by poor matchmaking. You sewed yourself by the gearing choices you made.
  • Disruptor92
    842 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    What is this "getting sewed" you are talking about? Sounds intriguing! @Waqui
  • I guess no one should gear up any characters in the game unless it is purely meta based. Sounds like fun to only play those kits and nothing else. How exciting
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    I guess no one should gear up any characters in the game unless it is purely meta based. Sounds like fun to only play those kits and nothing else. How exciting

Play how you want. Gear up who you want. But then don't complain when you can't beat meta characters in arena, TW or GAC because you have chosen to gear up characters that aren't.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    I can't help myself.

Why do you need them all *now*?

You need them when you are ready for Kylo. You are not ready. That's your choice.

But you put the gear on while working on them, maybe I should just farm all that gear and not place any until I’m ready for them wouldn’t that be fun imagine trying to work out what you need and not placing any of it.

You’re trying to blame poor matchmaking because I’ve got a few toons at relic that you consider fluff and because I don’t want to take an inventory and I place gear as and when I get it.

Yes.

I take inventory and equip nothing until it's fully usable for my intended purposes. Which includes unlocking a meta toon.

Sorry you don't find that fun. It explains everything though.

See ya round. But not in GAC lol.

Yeah I don’t expect you to see it as wrong as you will always defend them every chance you get.

Don’t expect anything to change either tbh but all we can do is try ey, imagine having to take an inventory of relic material needed Aswell who has time for that it’s a game not a job but if you wanna spend all your time doing that, guess that’s your choice.

Take care

It is his choice to spend that time, and its why he (and these other guys you are fighting) have more competitive rosters than you do.

In the end, this game is as much about creating a competitive roster as it is about using that roster.
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    I can't help myself.

Why do you need them all *now*?

You need them when you are ready for Kylo. You are not ready. That's your choice.

But you put the gear on while working on them, maybe I should just farm all that gear and not place any until I’m ready for them wouldn’t that be fun imagine trying to work out what you need and not placing any of it.

You’re trying to blame poor matchmaking because I’ve got a few toons at relic that you consider fluff and because I don’t want to take an inventory and I place gear as and when I get it.

Yes.

I take inventory and equip nothing until it's fully usable for my intended purposes. Which includes unlocking a meta toon.

Sorry you don't find that fun. It explains everything though.

See ya round. But not in GAC lol.

Yeah I don’t expect you to see it as wrong as you will always defend them every chance you get.

Don’t expect anything to change either tbh but all we can do is try ey, imagine having to take an inventory of relic material needed Aswell who has time for that it’s a game not a job but if you wanna spend all your time doing that, guess that’s your choice.

Take care

It is his choice to spend that time, and its why he (and these other guys you are fighting) have more competitive rosters than you do.

In the end, this game is as much about creating a competitive roster as it is about using that roster.

100% it is their choice to do what they are doing and I agree with this statement. I disagree about the "having a more competitive roster" though. All OP, myself and countless others are asking for is an adjustment in how the MM system currently works. I'm sure there are many factors besides just top X toons going on in the background but it's silly to go on and on back and forth if you are an open minded person that knows this system is easily manipulated by people intentionally. Instead of fighting people just like them, they fight the easiest battles imaginable. Just take 10 minutes and go through some of their GAC histories.

Most of them aren't even battling GL's at all as a result. Also look at the defense they put down. In my brackets, defenses like that would be picked apart @60+ banners. They throw their GLs down in the most rewarded zone and call it a day without worrying about losing. Any system that can allow that isn't a very reliable system at all. If you can't see that or the problem with that, you are either doing it yourself or just here to go back and forth with others who want this to change.

I don't think there is anything wrong with facing a GL when you don't have one yourself as long as the rosters are even but just look at the scores of their matches, they aren't even in the same ballpark.... period.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    If this system was a decent one, it would find this person a more close match would it not? Would it not find another player similar in roster and skill levels? This is the equivalent of playing a match of bots on the easiest mode in a shooter.

jo6fwnsl7arw.jpg
    17lpqry499j6.jpg
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    I guess no one should gear up any characters in the game unless it is purely meta based. Sounds like fun to only play those kits and nothing else. How exciting

Play how you want. Gear up who you want. But then don't complain when you can't beat meta characters in arena, TW or GAC because you have chosen to gear up characters that aren't.

That’s cool... but because I haven’t managed to get a second GL yet shouldn’t mean I’m mismatched against someone with two plus even more legendarys.

They’re are to OP and take far to much to get my roster isn’t built for fun it’s mostly heavily competitive the couple of characters I have done for fun shouldn’t warrant a GL with 6 zeta’s and an ultimate and 14 relic FO characters
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Well, this thread was a good read lol. All I can say to you OP is, that you just have to deal with it. Could matchmaking be improved? Sure. But we need to accept that it is what it is, at least as of now. And you just need to accept that others built their roster with mainly GAC in mind. It was their choice. You didn't build yours with GAC in mind, which again, is your choice. You can't blame people like TVF for building their roster the way they did. If anything, blame CG. I don't like the way the matchmaking works either because it incentivizes such behaviour, and you could call those players people that "game the system". But you can't blame them for wanting to excel in GAC.

I try to keep my roster focused enough for GAC, while still doing very well in other modes. I pay attention to what I gear, and when I gear it, but not as strict as TVF for example, or Bus74 to name an extreme one. I personally do have some relics that probably didn't need to be as high as I have them, but I try not to go overboard with them and make smart decisions still. But again, this is entirely my choice. I know that doing this will affect my GAC, but the difference is that I don't come here to complain about how bad matchmaking is, or wanting to only match me with people that also don't have any GLs like I do. I constantly face people that have more relics than I do, and more GP, or stuff that I don't have, but I just accept it and see it as a challenge. It's my decision to not go hyperfocused on GAC like those people who watch every little detail and pay attention to how it affects their GAC, but I still do pretty well overall.

But you shouldn't blame people for doing so. It is their right to build their roster the way they want to. And if it means they will excel in GAC, then so be it. This game is a game of choices. Everything you choose to do or not to do, affects every single game mode in some way. Nobody is telling you what to do, but you just need to be aware of the consequences of everything you do, and have to just suck it up if it's not going the way you like. That's my 2 cents.

Like I’ve said a few times tbh I’m not even bothered, but someone had to post something eventually for the people that get constantly screwed over through poor matchmaking.

You didn't get sewed by poor matchmaking. You sewed yourself by the gearing choices you made.

Oh you’re back again I didn’t make bad choices my roster is heavily competitive just because I don’t have a second GL yet 😴😴😴😴

Honestly going round in circles with you..
  • Tbh all I’m getting from a lot of these points is you don’t like playing the game and you enjoy easy wins against opponents who do so Ofcourse you will argue matchmaking isn’t rubbish.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Oh you’re back again I didn’t make bad choices my roster is heavily competitive just because I don’t have a second GL yet 😴😴😴😴

Honestly going round in circles with you..

Heavily competitive? If it was you wouldn't have trouble winning more rounds with your current roster (regarding that you play your roster well). Your main problem is that for some reason you fail to comprehend this.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Tbh all I’m getting from a lot of these points is you don’t like playing the game and you enjoy easy wins against opponents who do so Ofcourse you will argue matchmaking isn’t rubbish.

MM is what it is. Ever since championships were introduced you knew how MM worked while you developed your roster and made your relicing choices. It looks like you chose a poor strategy. And now you want the developers/designers to adjust their game to suit your poor choices.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    @Paulos999 For your consolation, you are close to tunnel through. By the time you get 2nd gl, entirety of your relics will be your top 80. If you manage the relic levels and don't push them too far, you'll get pretty even opponents.
    Tbh all I’m getting from a lot of these points is you don’t like playing the game and you enjoy easy wins against opponents who do so Ofcourse you will argue matchmaking isn’t rubbish.

MM is what it is. Ever since championships were introduced you knew how MM worked while you developed your roster and made your relicing choices. It looks like you chose a poor strategy. And now you want the developers/designers to adjust their game to suit your poor choices.

You’re boring.. 😴😴

Not having two GLs is not poor strategy, do you realise how long they take to get.

You carry on playing your boring game and just stop replying 👍🏻
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    @Paulos999 For your consolation, you are close to tunnel through. By the time you get 2nd gl, entirety of your relics will be your top 80. If you manage the relic levels and don't push them too far, you'll get pretty even opponents.

True that...

Tbh I don’t really care just thought someone should say something lol but of course the forums is a toxic place.

When I get KYLO it will be sound 😂 maybe in a few months lol.
  • Genuinely curious, does the OP have any suggestions for a better MM system?

Do they just want a literal mirror match for opponents? If so, where does the criteria end? Mirror on characters? What about zetas? Or mods?
  • Genuinely curious, does the OP have any suggestions for a better MM system?

Do they just want a literal mirror match for opponents? If so, where does the criteria end? Mirror on characters? What about zetas? Or mods?

Does the OP get paid to come up with a better system?

OP has a full time job and kids, I can suggest the matchmaking is poor with taking the time to think of something better that is for the people who get paid a lot of money I’m sure to make this a good game.

Not like much else is being done atm is it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

You’re boring.. 😴😴

Not having two GLs is not poor strategy, do you realise how long they take to get.

Gearing and relicing characters, that don't bring you much benefit is. You still fail to see this.
    Genuinely curious, does the OP have any suggestions for a better MM system?

OP has a full time job and kids, I can suggest the matchmaking is poor with taking the time to think of something better that is for the people who get paid a lot of money I’m sure to make this a good game.

Ah, so just a moan and cop out, like 90% of the complaint threads about MM

Just checking
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Don't expect them to design MM to favour rosters that don't focus on getting the newest META character over rosters that do. Those game designers need to earn their wages.

Just checking

Oh another toxic forum person sound.

Yeah let’s do their jobs for them I think the issue is the fact there is that many matchmaking threads ey..

I’m sure you think it’s alright to match guild with lots of GLs against guilds without them because a few people are sitting out (can’t help that).

Don't expect them to design MM to favour rosters that don't focus on getting the newest META character over rosters that do. Those game designers need to earn their wages.

Earn their wages 😂

Seen the road ahead they’re earning them alright.. sure they would have plenty of time to come up with a new system to earn them.

Just checking

Oh another toxic forum person sound.

Yeah let’s do their jobs for them I think the issue is the fact there is that many matchmaking threads ey..

I’m sure you think it’s alright to match guild with lots of GLs against guilds without them because a few people are sitting out (can’t help that).

Lol. Hmmm, come and moan, offer no suggestions and call others toxic. Yeah, you caught me dead to rights there chief

So in your previous GA matchups, where you have had the advantage - ie you have a GL, they don't or GAs and they don't or Malak and they dont, etc, have you gone easy on them?

Did you think, blimey that's unfair I better not use those advantages that I worked towards, that would be wrong. Bet I can guess the answer....

Did you come onto the forums and complain that it was unfair for your opponent. Again I bet I can guess the answer...

This game and pretty much most things in life have things in common, in this case, consequences and actions.
    You want to have a system that makes it so that you can decide to develop your roster any way you like and no-one should have an advantage over you, regardless of those choices.

Well sorry to disappoint you, it ain't gonna happen
  • Oh and to address you comment regarding guilds in TW with GL's and those without.

I and my guild have no GL of either sort. I will state that again in case you missed it, we have no GL's yet

In our last 3 TW's we have encountered opponents that do, one of them had 5 in fact. We have lost 2 and won 1 of them

Did we proceed to eject our dummies and stomp our feet? Nope, we did what we could, moved on and continued to work towards achieving our own GL's, working within the system to try and get back onto an even playing field

I suggest you do the same
  • DemonR
    68 posts Member
    Its an interesting one.

Matching people with GLs together seems crap to me - i have none btw. You would have no GAC advantage to getting the GLs if that was the case, which doesnt feel right for the level of investment one puts into it.

My preference is pure GP matching in round 1. As in, literal closest total GP for round 1. Not sure Bout round 2 and 3 though --- either, GP or win ratio from round 1.

I get the matches wont be as close as now, but im okay with that. Im fine with some people not winning gac time and time again --- same as im okay with some people never topping Sith Raid, or Number 1 in Arena. The game is not setup so people win half of their arenas, ship arenas, and number 1 HSR spot.... why have they tried to use a special matchmaking formula so ppl win half of their gacs?

Theres advantages and disadvantages to any collection style --- target GLs, and you will be poor at GAC -- either by bloating if you gear before ready (like you), or missing out on gearing nice to haves, like JKR, Padme, Bossk.... go wide, and youll be crap in most,
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Playing like TVF is hardly even playing the game, just log in get some gear then log back out... exciting not even going on your gear screen.

Very true.

And fleet arena battles.

And TB battles.

And TW battles.

And Sith raid.

And Assault Battles.

What a few battles in TB a few I’m TW and not completing all the assault battles either... yeah great loads of fun.

Enjoy hoarding. 👍🏻

glad you love it though.

So the only thing you like is GAC, but you can't win because of matchmaking.

Maybe consider building your roster for GAC then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • There is really no need to complain or defend a MM system. Any system will benefit some and disadvantage some. As long as it stays stable, you can adapt to it.

Personally I would love a MM system that only match players who spend the same amount of money, lol. Then I can auto most people. But I know it will never happen, haha.
  • TVF wrote: »

Very true.

And fleet arena battles.

And TB battles.

And TW battles.

And Sith raid.

And Assault Battles.

Enjoy hoarding. 👍🏻

glad you love it though.

So the only thing you like is GAC, but you can't win because of matchmaking.

Maybe consider building your roster for GAC then.

Where did he say that he can't win? I'll save you the time because he didn't.