What does "expire" mean?

I am considering the Vader Zeta on his leader. When damage over time "expires", does that mean naturally over time or do they come back if cleared through Culling Blade? What about if an opponent clears them with an ability?
Thanks for any feedback

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    I believe it's all of the above.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    In this regard it refers to when a buff or debuff stops working on the affected character/s.

TVF is correct in that this applies to each of the interactions tou mentioned.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    yeah it's just "goes away somehow" so dipel, culling, time, etc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Thanks all, I appreciate it
  • Options
    So how does that work with Padmes dispel/protection up? Bc they can’t be debugged when they have protection up
  • Options
    *debuffed
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    like if the padme team had the dots from vader (lead) on them already, then padme used Cunning plan to dispel the dots then they got the prot up from cunning plan? I would think they couldn't be debuffed by a new debuff while they had the prot up, but the dots would reappear bc of vader's lead. But I don't know this for sure.

his lead says enemies "immediately regain" the dots but her lead says "resist all debuffs" with prot up. I haven't used vader lead since rancor/wampanader days so not sure. Maybe @Kyno knows?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    shaun51422 wrote: »
    I am considering the Vader Zeta on his leader. When damage over time "expires", does that mean naturally over time or do they come back if cleared through Culling Blade? What about if an opponent clears them with an ability?
    Thanks for any feedback

Expired is the same as dispel but its an old terminology that they no longer use. Its all of the above:

1. Damage over Time runs its turn limit (1 turn, 2 turns, 3 turns, 4 turns, etc.)
    2. Someone cleanses it and it reapplies (Rex's Form Up, Chirrut's special)
    3. Dispelled through Culling Blade, Geo Spy's special

Only time it doesn't reapply if someone is immune to Damage over Time such as Kylo, and Rey in Ultimate Stance, and General Skywalker in Cover.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    do you know the answer to the padme q @Ultra ?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    No I don't

But since Damage over time is reapplied through Rex's tenacity up, it should reapply after Padme's cleanse since protection up resists debuffs (like tenacity up) not makes them immune to them

but i could be wrong
  • Options
    I just tested this, wish my video would upload but it the DoT still re-applies after the cleanse
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    Options
    In the swgoh ability mechanic page (https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-vader/ability/inspiring-through-fear) the apply effect is marked as "Effect is unresistable"
  • Options
    expire means whenever it stops, and the vader ability pretty much means that once you get damage over time on an enemy, it will never run out(but does go down to 2 when it would've ended)
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle