Take Negotiator to 7* or unlock Malevolence?

I finally am able to unlock Negotiator, and am wondering whether I should farm it all the way up to 7* (185 shards) or unlock the Malevolence first (145 shards). Having Negotiator at 7* will obviously be beneficial for me in ship arena, as I'm not sure if a 5* Negotiator can beat a 7*. But, having both ships unlocked would give me a leg up in GAC as I could leave Negotiator on defense and use a 5* Malevolence to take down most Negotiator fleets (or whatever else my opponent leaves on defense).

I'm just above 4mil GP so I'm hoping I won't need to use 4 fleets in GAC any time soon, but that would also be another reason to consider farming up Malevolence first. What would/did y'all do?

Replies

• panetone
    33 posts Member
    5* Malevolence can beat a lot of 7* Negotiatior and some 7* Malevolence in arena. If you aim to #1 in arena go with 7* Negotiator, but if you are ok with top 50 in arena, go with 5* Malevolence
  • The meager GAC rewards aren't worth sacrificing your fleet arena ranking and your ability to beat fleet missions in LSTB imho.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    7* negotiator will hold much better on defence than a 5* mal
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    If your fleet shard is bad, like mine, you can factor in GAC.

Otherwise fleet arena should always be your focus.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Do one ship, then the other. Having two mediocre 5* capital ships at isn't as good as having one good 7* one.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    I have both. I can set one of them at the def and one for the attack. Also I think that we'll get more than one fleet battle in GAC soon.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Arena > gac
    A 5* Neg will probably not get many, if any, holds in GAC since a strong rebel fleet can still take it out, so no big advantage there. I would go for the 7* first and reap the rewards of finishing higher in arena, which is what I did.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • CG just made Tarkin Empire the 2nd best fleet for the farming value. Get 7* and the right Tarkin team.
  • Hortus
    621 posts Member
    Arena > gac
    A 5* Neg will probably not get many, if any, holds in GAC since a strong rebel fleet can still take it out, so no big advantage there. I would go for the 7* first and reap the rewards of finishing higher in arena, which is what I did.

"Strong rebel fleet" can take out 7* full-relic Negos just fine. Winrate will be lower that against 5* of course but still reliable, and definitely higher that against even 5* Malevolence. Malevolence is a way to go for someone who bother only about fleet arena imho, and having both ships definitely much better for GAC than having only one. From GAC perspective also it may be worth noting than Nego fleet blows up fleet GP while Malevolence require much less GP to be competetive.
    nmbraun wrote: »
    I finally am able to unlock Negotiator, and am wondering whether I should farm it all the way up to 7* (185 shards) or unlock the Malevolence first (145 shards).

Stockpile currency until you will actually have amount which allow you unlock Malevolence, THEN decide. Things can change - rebel and empire tanks will become farmable, resistance/FO tanks can be introduced, etc. Also take into account that Negotiator is must have for LS Geo TB, if your guild do it.