Please upgrade Merciless Massacre bonus turn mechanic

Dwinkelm
767 posts Member
Hello all!

Like the rest of the community, I’m pretty stoked about Vader’s rework. It’s a lot of fun, very powerful, and has a lot of interesting versatility right now, which should only expand as Sith and Empire characters are added to the game.

However, the devs made one MAJOR mistake with his Merciless Massacre bonus turn mechanic: it may be interrupted by other character’s bonus turns.

It’s really really difficult to “recreate the Rogue One Vader scene” when Padmé + JKA take bonus turns and obliterate your entire team. Malak can do the same.

Would it be possible to change the Bonus Turn mechanic to be like Yoda’s, where he is granted an IMMEDIATE bonus turn after he attacks an enemy with Merciless?

Pretty please?

Replies

• No. It’s already fantastic as is
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    No thanks.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    It’s really really difficult to “recreate the Rogue One Vader scene” when Padmé + JKA take bonus turns and obliterate your entire team. Malak can do the same.

It's pretty hard to recreate the Rogue One Vader scene when Padme, JKA, and Malak weren't there ;)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

It's pretty hard to recreate the Rogue One Vader scene when Padme, JKA, and Malak weren't there ;)

And I don’t know how someone’s Malak takes life force without powerful Jedi in tanks, but it happens.

I figured that the intention of this move is to be a constant strain of attacks, so I’m a vote in favor.
  • I had to slow vader down, and speed up thrawn. Then I can fracture JKA first.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    I had to slow vader down, and speed up thrawn. Then I can fracture JKA first.

Omg! You mean figured how to make it work instead of crying that it's broken?! So crazy.
  • Jppc wrote: »
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

Anakin was there, not as a jedi knight anymore but he was there.

"He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader." - Obi Wan Kenobi
  • el_mago
    751 posts Member
    But....
    Luke: "Your thoughts betray you, Father. I feel the good in you, the conflict."
  • el_mago wrote: »
    But....

Vader: "There is no conflict [especially at the end of Rogue One]"
  • el_mago
    751 posts Member

😆 You're prob right...but speculation is fun!

And to the OP: it is kinda sucky that those bonus turns (which I assume happen - I've not personally witnessed them) interfere with what I'm sure is Vader's intent, but for a f2p character, this touch up is pretty awesome anyway!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I still can't figure out if Vader is terribly unfair to f2p or p2p.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Whatelse73
    2161 posts Member
    el_mago wrote: »
    But....

Shh, spoilers!