is that a 6B mod?

2Next

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    One more thing on your last point, the whole point of thumbnails is to get people to watch. It's hardly limited to Ahnald.

Ahnald videos are completely different from typical clickbait though. He’s just making videos he thinks the community would like and he’s got a pretty big following. No one is being tricked into watching something they don’t want to or to buy anything.

Typical clickbait is nefarious. Ahnald’s videos are usually just him having fun playing and talking about the game.

I still don’t understand the hate for someone that enjoys playing the game we all enjoy playing. He’s not particularly good at the game, but so what, most of us aren’t.

There are a lot of kids playing this game and he does make it fun for them.

Read the post directly below yours. And yes Ahnald's videos are also nefarious, in that he's trying to monetize them and tricking people into watching them (hey there might be something new in this video!) in order to do so.

I dont think you know what nefarious means.

ne·far·i·ous
    /nəˈferēəs/
    adjective
    (typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal.

Please tell me how making a youtube video, in which is 100000% completely a person's CHOICE to watch, is nefarious.

He brings up good points in the video...but you wouldnt know that since you havent watched it, yet here you are criticizing it. Judge a book by its cover much?

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    One more thing on your last point, the whole point of thumbnails is to get people to watch. It's hardly limited to Ahnald.

Ahnald videos are completely different from typical clickbait though. He’s just making videos he thinks the community would like and he’s got a pretty big following. No one is being tricked into watching something they don’t want to or to buy anything.

Typical clickbait is nefarious. Ahnald’s videos are usually just him having fun playing and talking about the game.

I still don’t understand the hate for someone that enjoys playing the game we all enjoy playing. He’s not particularly good at the game, but so what, most of us aren’t.

Read the post directly below yours. And yes Ahnald's videos are also nefarious, in that he's trying to monetize them and tricking people into watching them (hey there might be something new in this video!) in order to do so.

ne·far·i·ous
    /nəˈferēəs/
    adjective

Please tell me how making a youtube video, in which is 100000% completely a person's CHOICE to watch, is nefarious.

He brings up good points in the video...but you wouldnt know that since you havent watched it, yet here you are criticizing it. Judge a book by its cover much?

Again, anything new for this video posted in June 2020, or a rehash of the same stuff we knew in December with a title and description that implies otherwise?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Also if we're going to play the dictionary game, this was the first google result:

Definition of nefarious
    : flagrantly wicked or impious : EVIL

I am clearly arguing that clickbait is evil lol.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Also if we're going to play the dictionary game, this was the first google result:

Definition of nefarious
    : flagrantly wicked or impious : EVIL

I am clearly arguing that clickbait is evil lol.

Relic abilities monetizing reworks? How is that clickbait?

He is posing a question about how CG could monetize reworks by locking relic abilities behind relic 7. So...wheres the clickbait?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Also from the description:

"Relic abilities! A word we have not heard in a long time! We break down in this video what is the current status of Relic Abilities and whether they are still happening or being cancelled. We also discuss the purpose of relic abilities appears to be to monetize reworks to give them an incentive "

100% clickbait

Current status is exactly the same as in December.

Still happening or being cancelled is a complete unknown, just as it has been all year.

Relic abilities to monetize reworks is a complete guess and nothing has changed since December so there's nothing new to speculate on in June.

But ok.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

ne·far·i·ous
    /nəˈferēəs/
    adjective

Again, anything new for this video posted in June 2020, or a rehash of the same stuff we knew in December with a title and description that implies otherwise?

You're not going to believe anything anyone says about the video anyway so why should anyone bother trying to prove to you that it's not clickbait.

Go watch the thing yourself or quite whining about it being clickbait. It's getting old.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I've already quoted twice now how it is phrased to make it look there are several new things.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

"Relic abilities! A word we have not heard in a long time! We break down in this video what is the current status of Relic Abilities and whether they are still happening or being cancelled. We also discuss the purpose of relic abilities appears to be to monetize reworks to give them an incentive "

100% clickbait

Still happening or being cancelled is a complete unknown, just as it has been all year.

Relic abilities to monetize reworks is a complete guess and nothing has changed since December so there's nothing new to speculate on in June.

But ok.

I also think the idea of monetizing reworks via relic abilities is a solid idea.

Bottom line is that content creators used to have more to discuss or show on a consistent basis because CG was producing things more consistently. This past year content creators are struggling to show things in videos as there hasn’t been much going on, so they are resorting to more speculation and having to get real creative just to produce videos.

On the contrary, MSF content creators are working overtime as there’s so much going on over there consistently.

Now you're just making excuses for the clickbait
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Is ZAP getting a kickback from Ahnald to promote his videos on the forums?

Watch my video to find out!
  • ZAP wrote: »

100% clickbait

But ok.

I also think the idea of monetizing reworks via relic abilities is a solid idea.

Bottom line is that content creators used to have more to discuss or show on a consistent basis because CG was producing things more consistently. This past year content creators are struggling to show things in videos as there hasn’t been much going on, so they are resorting to more speculation and having to get real creative just to produce videos.

On the contrary, MSF content creators are working overtime as there’s so much going on over there consistently.

I’ve made 22 swgoh videos since June 1st, not including live streams. I have a huge backlog of video requests or other ideas I haven’t been able to get to because I don’t have any additional time to pour into it. And I don’t even have an account over 2 mil GP. And there are a ton of other small YouTubers who are currently on the rise right now and growing at an exceptional rate. It’s less about lack of content from CG and more that some creators are getting exposed for how reliant they were on test servers to make videos.
  • honestly whenever i watch ahnald i don't even bother with the thumbnail, i just decipher the title and figure out what's going on. i think ahnald just wants to make content that the community would like, and his thumbnails are just a bit too flashy. however i do understand the point of other channels having blatant clickbait and titles not related to their videos at all, which i hate. ahnald's video, clickbait as it might seem, actually tells you what it is about, so he's not too bad and i'm fine giving him views.

also i never thought a discussion about 6B mods would turn into a clickbait discussion and even have a mod participate in it, but thanks for it nonetheless
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle

100% clickbait

But ok.

I’ve made 22 swgoh videos since June 1st, not including live streams. I have a huge backlog of video requests or other ideas I haven’t been able to get to because I don’t have any additional time to pour into it. And I don’t even have an account over 2 mil GP. And there are a ton of other small YouTubers who are currently on the rise right now and growing at an exceptional rate. It’s less about lack of content from CG and more that some creators are getting exposed for how reliant they were on test servers to make videos.

Interesting take on it and I’m sure there’s an element of truth in it. How many of your videos are reliant on other peoples accounts that you use as basically test servers?

Atleast they are actually videos about how to play the game better now, not speculation based on news from 9 months ago. Who cares where the footage is from.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Is ZAP getting a kickback from Ahnald to promote his videos on the forums?

Watch my video to find out!

It’s far more likely you’re getting kick backs from CG than I am from Ahnald.

And I’m certainly not promoting his videos, just have a differing opinion than you about what clickbait is.

There goes the joke....

Then again, I know you are smarter than to subscribe to the theory that I get anything from CG.

100% clickbait

But ok.

Interesting take on it and I’m sure there’s an element of truth in it. How many of your videos are reliant on other peoples accounts that you use as basically test servers?

Atleast they are actually videos about how to play the game better now, not speculation based on news from 9 months ago. Who cares where the footage is from.

While I agree just about any bulldog video is more useful and informative than any speculation video by Ahnald, I was responding to Bulldog’s assertion that content creators are being exposed now for their reliance on test accounts in the past.

A lot of Bulldog’s videos rely on other people’s account, basically test accounts for him.

Not to put words in his mouth, but to me it sounds like some other content creators are just lazy and willing to make a useless video for a quick buck, rather than put in effort to get footage from other players and inform the community of teams and strategies they themself cannot test.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

100% clickbait

But ok.

While I agree just about any bulldog video is more useful and informative than any speculation video by Ahnald, I was responding to Bulldog’s assertion that content creators are being exposed now for their reliance on test accounts in the past.

A lot of Bulldog’s videos rely on other people’s account, basically test accounts for him.

Not to put words in his mouth, but to me it sounds like some other content creators are just lazy and willing to make a useless video for a quick buck, rather than put in effort to get footage from other players and inform the community of teams and strategies they themself cannot test.

It might also be hard to make the same quality of video after an account is banned, but I didn't follow along closely so I'm just guessing that could be an issue.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

100% clickbait

But ok.

A quick search of various content creators for videos put out the last week.

Using your words:

- put in effort to get footage from other players and inform the community = 2000 - 12000 views
    - lazy and willing to make a useless video for a quick buck = 40000 - 70000 views

Seems quite clear the community has decided which they prefer.

What incentive does he have to change?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.

100% clickbait

But ok.

Pretty much all of them. The bulk of my work goes into finding people who can run teams for me. And then when I find them I have only a few shots typically, because people don’t want to burn refreshes in arena or take risks in GAC/TW, for good reason. Other content creators can do this too though, and the larger fan base one has the easier it is to do. But the playing field has been significantly leveled, and we are seeing the results. It would be so much easier to get up more videos if I simply had test server access.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

100% clickbait

But ok.

Pretty much all of them. The bulk of my work goes into finding people who can run teams for me. And then when I find them I have only a few shots typically, because people don’t want to burn refreshes in arena or take risks in GAC/TW, for good reason. Other content creators can do this too though, and the larger fan base one has the easier it is to do. But the playing field has been significantly leveled, and we are seeing the results. It would be so much easier to get up more videos if I simply had test server access.

All content creators are not “created” equally.

Ahnald’s is mostly theatrics...

Nailed it
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

100% clickbait

But ok.

A quick search of various content creators for videos put out the last week.

Using your words:

- put in effort to get footage from other players and inform the community = 2000 - 12000 views
    - lazy and willing to make a useless video for a quick buck = 40000 - 70000 views

Seems quite clear the community has decided which they prefer.

What incentive does he have to change?

None, but that wasn't the point here at all.

Interesting side note though, relative to followers a 3 day old bulldog vid about GAS beating Kylo has over 1 view per sub, but the Ahnald clickbait vid in question only has .3 views per sub.