Fleet Strategy

I ask for advice?
This setting gives top 50 due89iqxryip.jpg
https://swgoh.gg/p/249276415/ships/

Replies

• SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    All depends on your shard.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • All depends on your shard.

90% Negociator 6*
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @tomaszr2005 tarkin isn’t going to cut it..

I’ll go look at your roster..
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    @tomaszr2005 you don’t have either of the current metas, or the closest one to it (nego/malev/falcon)

Your unlikely to be competitive with what you have right now.
  • Aandien
    36 posts Member
    i5o915afch77.png

This stays at the top easily. All maxxed out negotiator and maxxed mal fleets. Don't believe the hype that there are only 2 metas.
  • @tomaszr2005 Try running Thrawn with HT, Geo Spy and Sun Fac. Geo Soldier, Ahsoka +2 as reinforcements.

Works ok against 6* Negotiator. I start with Thrawns buff and then Spy's special to take down opposing HT ASAP, then focus down Anakin. If you can't get HT down early then you're just trying to hang on for Thrawn's ult.
  • Aandien wrote: »
    i5o915afch77.png

This stays at the top easily. All maxxed out negotiator and maxxed mal fleets. Don't believe the hype that there are only 2 metas.

That is pretty awesome
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Aandien wrote: »

@Aandien its subjective, some fleet shards are more competitive than others, the only way that fleet would take first on my shard is if there was an active shard chat and everyone posted weak fleets, if I posted that fleet I’d be outside the top 30 in about an hour. Simply due to being different/perceived as weaker everyone would target me, I might be able to climb a little, but vs r7 pilots in a nego or mal fleet, it would cost more crystals than I’d make to do so.

*edit* seeing as you’re lowest rank is 7th I’m guessing there isn’t an active 20/30 fleets in your shard and if there are, they aren’t all r7 pilots (fully maxed).
    i5o915afch77.png

OP doesn’t have Gauntlet, so not sure how this would be particularly helpful, other than maybe pointing out that Thrawn does better as a meta counter than Tarkin.
    To OP, if you’re going to invest in fleets, I’d recommend aiming for a higher payout than top 50. Fleets require you to gear a lot more toons than arena, and as a result tend to be less competitive and easier to get into/stay in top 5 (which should be your target). Fastest way to get there currently is with either Negotiator or Malevolence. If you don’t want to spend GET2 on either of those, your other options are going to require farming very fleet specific toons/ships. Gauntlet will probably be a requirement, since it’s the only ship that has a non-reinforcement mass cleanse. If you use it in your starting lineup, you’ll have to gear its pilots pretty high so it can outspeed JKA, as it’s purpose there is to apply buff immunity to prevent his assist on mobilize.
  • Aandien
    36 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    That particular fleet is in an active fleet shard. Top 20 or so are all maxxed r7 negotiator or malevolence fleets... Fully maxxed. They climb every day with that fleet from 20 or so to #top5 typically. No refresh needed... And no one puts in weaker fleets.

Its definitely is easier to beat than a mirror match, so on defense it can certainly drop fast.

Offensively though you should be able to climb as much as you like with very few losses..
    That particular fleet is in an active fleet shard. Top 20 or so are all maxxed r7 negotiator or malevolence fleets... Fully maxxed. They climb every day with that fleet from 20 or so to #top5 typically. No refresh needed... And no one puts in weaker fleets.

Its definitely is easier to beat than a mirror match, so on defense it can certainly drop fast.

Offensively though you should be able to climb as much as you like with very few losses..

Is that your fleet? Curious of your pilot gear for Her Saxon, super commando and royal guard. I'm currently building a similar fleet.
  • Also would note the new Bomber in that fleet, what star level is that at?
  • BlackBart wrote: »
    Also would note the new Bomber in that fleet, what star level is that at?

Mine(not shown) is at 5* maxed levels and abilities. I run chimera, with tie advanced, ITF, and HT starters. That's my first(and usually only) reinforcement. Gets me number 1 easily in fleet. But I'm in a younger shard.
  • Aandien
    36 posts Member
    The pilots are all r4. The bomber is 4* also. It's a good fleet offensively, but it doesn't do well against negotiator on defense.