Odd massive update?

Prev1
So I just signed into the game at 4:10 and the game just underwent some sort of update of some kind. I didn't receive any update info and saw nothing new added despite the rather excessive amount of data it loaded. It almost looked like something was being added but no message popped up. Did anyone else experience this? Was it just routine maintenance?

Replies

• Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Data mine says major upgrade to their system.... devs say nothin :shrugs:
  • GR1303
    22 posts Member
    New client version being pushed out. Haven't seen a post with details yet, but it seems to have some graphical upgrades.
  • Oh I kinda had my hopes up for seeing a new event or something to that extent but then again this ocean of content is just soooooo overwhelming
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Guess it’s that update they talked about some weeks ago? For better theatrical performances or something. Don’t remember exactly what they said
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    Oh I kinda had my hopes up for seeing a new event or something to that extent but then again this ocean of content is just soooooo overwhelming

For a second I also thought that there would be some sort of new content.
  • The nodes for farming Resistance Heroes as well as Hux and Sith Trooper have been reverted and are not displayed as farmable upfront, instead, they show the original toons to farm. Probably not intentional but mildly annoying for those trying to farm them.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    The nodes for farming Resistance Heroes as well as Hux and Sith Trooper have been reverted and are not displayed as farmable upfront, instead, they show the original toons to farm. Probably not intentional but mildly annoying for those trying to farm them.

that will be fixed in another update per kyno iirc. not intended.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    For some reason the game is not loading/loading very slowly after I made the update. Did this happen to anyone else?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    For some reason the game is not loading/loading very slowly after I made the update. Did this happen to anyone else?

Same happened to me. Needed to download around 350Mb of game assets. I just set my phone down on the main cantina for about 20 minutes then it was all good
  • jkray622 wrote: »

Same happened to me. Needed to download around 350Mb of game assets. I just set my phone down on the main cantina for about 20 minutes then it was all good

Just wondering, did it keep saying connection error? Mine keeps saying that.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member

Click through the stores, cantina, light/dark side nodes, missions, event screen and let them load. I think arena as well. Once they fully load you will be good to go. Screen will likely go blue with a loading wheel for a second or two and then should be good to go.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »

Click through the stores, cantina, light/dark side nodes, missions, event screen and let them load. I think arena as well. Once they fully load you will be good to go. Screen will likely go blue with a loading wheel for a second or two and then should be good to go.

It isn't for a second or two, it takes a longer amount of time to load and then it says there is a connection error.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

It isn't for a second or two, it takes a longer amount of time to load and then it says there is a connection error.

that has been going on for months (at least?) now
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Vader portrait is centered now. What else changed ?

h2jcc34o9bnt.png
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

that has been going on for months (at least?) now

Yeah it has been like that but it’s less frequent in the last few days for me.

Also the game suffer from severe stuttering going on, especially in the HAAT raid I just did yesterday. It was so bad, and it happens a few times in a GAC battles before this round started.

• Smidday
    134 posts Member
    I got this too, but I just reset my phone because it was acting up and thought it was to do with this.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    New pack with awesome art
  • feelycr
    35 posts Member
    There's another post on this...that has been locked.

TL;DR - it's just more of CG's lack of communication with us. Don't give them your money.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    They obviously buffed the drop rates
    ... mmlrqkidjpkf.png
    ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Bbcode is working to a degree in game chat. Colours need to be 6 digit hex code, bold and strikethrough work too
    0ayb0n8s4y84.jpg
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Bbcode is working to a degree in game chat. Colours need to be 6 digit hex code, bold and strikethrough work too
    0ayb0n8s4y84.jpg

Can you give me an example?
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    0ayb0n8s4y84.jpg

What sorcery is this?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    If you type [BA55D3] at the start of your message (Inc the brackets) the following text you type will be a pinky purple colour.

You can find six digit colour codes via Google. B in square bracketd makes text bold.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno: Hey guys, maybe you should put out a post about the big update everyone is about to experience - you know, a little communication and transparency that people have asked for for years? Maybe?

Devs: NO!!!
    SRA1.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member

Prob your phone, mine hasn’t done it since this mornings update. But who knows, maybe this afternoons update will break it again
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno: Hey guys, maybe you should put out a post about the big update everyone is about to experience - you know, a little communication and transparency that people have asked for for years? Maybe?

SRA1.gif

Update notes have almost always come at the same time as the server side update, haven’t they? Why would anyone expect any different now?
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    If you type [BA55D3] at the start of your message (Inc the brackets) the following text you type will be a pinky purple colour.

You can find six digit colour codes via Google. B in square bracketd makes text bold.

@UdalCuain do you know how to get rid of the backslash when you do that?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

@UdalCuain do you know how to get rid of the backslash when you do that?

No, haven't figured that out yet. Part of me is hoping it just disappears with the update being pushed, but I feel that's wishful thinking. Still pretty cool though.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

SRA1.gif

Update notes have almost always come at the same time as the server side update, haven’t they? Why would anyone expect any different now?

Shhh... you can’t be reasonable around these parts!

Is this your first day on the forums or something?
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    For the people that keep saying “don’t they post afterwards” .... not when they do a store update and an in game update. That’s a “roll out”: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/226360/title-update-roll-out-03-24-2020#latest

z2q52aqyrrdy.png

But yes, please keep defending CG and their incredibly poor communication efforts.
This discussion has been closed.