Hi Holotable Heroes,
Today’s Update improves many of the underlying technologies that we use to create Galaxy of Heroes. These significant tech upgrades enable us to continue to support this amazing game for years to come and bring you a Star Wars experience that’s better than ever.
It may seem like nothing has changed when you log in, but there are plenty of updates under the hood that allow for numerous improvements in the future. With a unified toolset and modernized APIs, these changes allow us to access more design tools and build a smoother process for developing new content. The updated version of Unity (the game engine used to create Galaxy of Heroes) expands the possibilities of what the designers can do when they create characters and events.
On the visual side, this update also enables us to create better character animations and cutscenes that truly capture the exciting moment of Star Wars. Besides giving artists more polygons to work with, tools like a new particle system will improve the visual effects we can create for everything from characters to menus. Some of those improvements you may have already seen in the Mandalorians characters or the Jedi Knight Luke event and this update allows us to do even more in the years to come.
Why not couple this Update with a larger release of characters or a new feature? There are a few forward facing Update notes below that this upgrade allowed us to fix, but this is a substantial release for us internally as it touches many (if not all) parts of the game. We have done a large amount of work to ensure this release is smooth but we wanted to separate this from any major content or feature updates and isolate any issues before Galactic Challenges is released.
This is a large, exciting update for the long term future of the game. We strive to provide you with the highest level of service because we believe in the game, and the community. That’s why we have invested time in upgrading the game’s technology, so we can all enjoy this game as passionate Star Wars fans for years to come.
Thank you all for your support!
These characters or ships are now available in the following locations:The Mandalorian
- The Mandalorian is now farmable from Fleet Battles 5-E Hard. This is an addition to that node and does not replace any possible rewards currently available there.
- Cara Dune is now farmable from Dark Side 5-E Hard. This is an addition to that node and replaces Barriss Offee as a possible reward.
Imperial TIE Bomber
- Greef Karga is now farmable from Fleet Battles 4-C Hard. This is an addition to that node and does not replace any possible rewards currently available there.
- Imperial TIE Bomber is now available in Fleet Data Cards, Fleet Packs, and Shipments. Collect this Empire ship today!
- EVENT - Fixed an issue that was causing some AI enemies in events not using their abilities
- ART - Adjusted Darth Vader’s portrait and character model’s chest piece
- UNIT - Fixed an issue that could cause some effects of Daze to apply or remain applied when they were not supposed to
- AUDIO - Audio for the Relic progress bar will no longer play when the user lacks the ingredients and lacks the currency to upgrade the relic
- AUDIO - When purchasing Sim Tickets from the Galactic War table, the currency added sound effect will now play correctly
- AUDIO - The 7th star animation sound effect will now play when unlocking a Galactic Legend character
- UI - Fixed a formatting error in the Tally Phase time remaining text where additional characters were displayed when the language was set to Portuguese
- UI - Rewards are displayed out of order