Well, it's been fun....

4anpvo9o1miq.png

New client won't update and using emulators can get us banned so....

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Emulators can't get you banned, they just aren't official supported
  • Wait using emulators can get you banned? Since when lol

CG_LD said we can be banned for using them.
  • Nox working for me
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Emulators can't get you banned, they just aren't official supported

*shrug* CG_LD said banned, but it was a while back.

Got a quote on that?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

Got a quote on that?

Tried looking for it, search not finding it
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    It's in the Terms Of Service for most games that Emulators are not allowed. But something being in the TOS dont mean that a company will track you down or bother looking for it. However if it's made obvious they could enforce a ban if they wanted to.

I have seen bans happens on other games were game bots ban because it thinks someone is cheating. Where in reality the user is playing using an emulator.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm leader of our guild, I can't play on maybes and leave them hanging or embarrass them by being banned so stepping down, naming new leader.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You can verify if that statement is still accurate by messaging CG_SBCrumb or CG_LucifersDaddy and discuss that with them.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Also, found it:
    I'm just an impartial observer here, who just happened upon this thread... and I would say that there is a good chance that utilizing an emulator could leave you vulnerable to suspension.

Not that CG is actively looking for those using emulators, but I've heard that this can sometimes throw errors and leave data points that make it look like the account being used had cheated.

Happy Friday!

LD

So from this direct statement, it doesnt seem like you will be banned from using one, just that you are running the risk of being flagged for investigation due to how their system sees you.
This discussion has been closed.