Now you can change chat text color, bold, underline, and more.

Prev1
Laz
190 posts Member
Not sure if intended, but you can do this now.
qr2lpz85qijr.png
3puh4wp74kvh.png

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Not the update we wanted...but the update we NEEDED! j/k, it is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
  • Wed_Santa
    931 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    My favourite colour is #bada55
  • Every time I do this it puts a slash before the word. So it reads /word in the format. Not really worth it lol
  • Thanks for posting these.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    I don’t seem to be able to get the colours to work.. weird..
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Nice
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »

Type this:
    [00ff00] then the text as normal

It should be green.
  • That’s cool!
  • Asifab
    140 posts Member
    In order to make the font colors work the capital letters matter as well as it being a Zero (0) and not an o for the hex color codes. For example typing "[FF0000]" before typing in chat or the guild banner will make what you say come out in red text. For some reason a forward slash does appear.
  • We've been playing around with this in my guild. I'm glad it's there, especially the option to bold, but also the other stuff.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Laz wrote: »
    Damodamo wrote: »

Type this:
    [00ff00] then the text as normal

It should be green.
    Cheers the hash was throwing it off..
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Is there a way to get the slashes to stop appearing?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Cool. Works in the banner too!

And no backslashes for some reason
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I'm just glad I don't have to read 16 new threads a day anymore calling for being able to make colors in talky part
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I'm just glad I don't have to read 16 new threads a day anymore calling for being able to make colors in talky part

These aren't the chat improvements you're looking for...

Still cool though, and don't blame a guy just for letting us know.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yado101 wrote: »
    Is there a way to get the slashes to stop appearing?

Currently no.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Would have been VERY easy to add a few lines so you could do [green] as well. Much easier than remembering hex codes.

Just saying, i'm writing something myself at work...i've got a list of 20 colors that can be used by name, or you can spec hexcodes or rgb values....making it easy on the developer to do what they want or let the user do what they want.
    Post edited by cboath7 on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Would have been VERY easy to add a few lines so you could do [green] as well. Much easier than remembering hex codes.

Just saying, i'm writing something myself at work...i've got a list of 20 colors that can be used by name, or you can spec hexcodes or rgb values....making it easy on the developer to do what they want or let the user do what they want.

How many languages is your program written for?

• Assuming the client has i18n implemented properly, then it's 1 line in a property file for each language the client supports. It's still rather easy.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    Well i18n might be implemented correctly, but you people always forget about the backend being compatible with the flux capacitor and the power converters that are written in legacy code to be backwards compatible with the moisture evaporators. You eggheads think you got it all figured out. 😉
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Aandien wrote: »
    Assuming the client has i18n implemented properly, then it's 1 line in a property file for each language the client supports. It's still rather easy.

It's always easy.
  • Thanks for sharing, @Laz !
  • Is there a way by now to avoid the slashes to appear alongside this formatting?
  • Wed_Santa wrote: »
    My favourite colour is #bada55

I see what you did there
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Is this considered new content? It would be really cool if they could put all available energy at the top of the main screen but I guess new colors and stuff was more important.

It's ok to have fun once in a while.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • How are we suppose to remember that?🤔
  • VaderRen5 wrote: »
    How are we suppose to remember that?🤔

Screenshot