Why is Malak inconsistently getting stunned

I know the normal answer is read the list, but:
I kill DR and everyone.
Malak has tenacity down on him.
I am facing him with my CLS team which has 2 stuns between R2 and Han.
We're talking, well actually now that I think about it, it would make sense that it is the 15% true chance to resist, but he is resisting about 15% of the time with tenacity down on him. 24uitq50qd0h.jpg
I guess it must be the 15% mechanic and it only feels so important because of the toon. If the stun fails you pay for it.

Replies

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Because his unique adds crazy tenacity the lower his health d0iy6cj30i7a.jpg
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »

In other words, read the kit.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

First off, 100% tenacity is not that high, especially since DR leadership will lower Malak’s tenacity per each buff. Secondly, his tenacity doesn’t matter if he has tenacity down. What OP is probably seeing is the base 15% chance to resist that never goes away.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

First off, 100% tenacity is not that high, especially since DR leadership will lower Malak’s tenacity per each buff. Secondly, his tenacity doesn’t matter if he has tenacity down. What OP is probably seeing is the base 15% chance to resist that never goes away.

Lots of buffs on that squad?

And yeah 15% is the min. But op is wondering why he can sometimes stun malak, and other times rarely.

You have offered 0 insight.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    The reason is science.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Lots of buffs on that squad?

Well, technically they are debuffs. The ferocity stacks are what he is referring to that buff offense and potency at the expense of tenacity and defense.
  • Options
    I know the normal answer is read the list, but:
    I kill DR and everyone.
    Malak has tenacity down on him.
    I am facing him with my CLS team which has 2 stuns between R2 and Han.
    We're talking, well actually now that I think about it, it would make sense that it is the 15% true chance to resist, but he is resisting about 15% of the time with tenacity down on him. 24uitq50qd0h.jpg
    I guess it must be the 15% mechanic and it only feels so important because of the toon. If the stun fails you pay for it.

You have 4 stuns on a CLS team. CLS on his basic once the debuffs are applied, chewie's 2nd special, r2 and Han.
    While DR is alive, you can't stun anyone due to his unique,
    If Badstilla is still alive, corrupted battle mediation will prevent you from debuffing (stunning). I know you said you killed everyone else but just as an aside.
    The battle will have to go on for a bit before you can stun Malak. Also, with all the fear he will be spreading and he is normally fast. It could just be turns are being taken so fast, you dont see it.
  • Options

I thought tenacity down was supposed to be like -19999 tenacity, effectively zero, only leaving the 1st 15% chance to resist anything check.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The reason is science.

I agree. And I guess I am very much so getting to see that 15% base chance to resist, (effectively 1 out of 7ish times) because I do try to keep Malak stunned as I widdle him down. It's just a false expectation in my head I guess that tenacity down = always stunnable, and that false expectation is seeing a rather large n value on stun tests against 1 of the hardest toons to kill in the game.