TW matchmaking bug due to update?

Has any other people experienced a dramatic mismatch in TW? This is not a criticism or complaint, it legitimately looks bugged.

We matched against a guild with double our GP. 170 mil to 316 mil. I suppose half their team could be on vacation but looks like a technical error.

Replies

• All the usual questions.

How many members of your guild joined?

How many available defensive slots per territory?

Are you certain you are looking at the right guild? (A lot of the larger alliances have multiple guilds with very similar names, just a variation of a special character or a different accent).

Not saying you didn’t catch a weird mismatch, and my condolences if you did catch one that bad, just ticking the boxes.

We hit a ‘normal’ match ourselves (288 total with 48 joined vs a 310 with apparently only 46 joined as there is only 23 defensive slots).
  • I double checked the guild name as well as I could. I think it’s correct but fully accept it’s possible I’ve made a mistake. We have 45 joined - are placing 20 squads on defence which is lower than our usual amount we place.

I’m mostly just curious about it all. The guild does have similar named sister guilds all with super high GP but not as mismatched. Thanks. I didn’t consider that.
  • That 20 slots means they only have 40 members joined (as available slots are half the amount of the the guild with fewer members joined)

If you extrapolate out your guilds Active GP in the TW of the 45 joined, then add 20% (for their extra 10 or so unjoined members ) that should give a the range of power the other guild is likely at.

Of course, you can confirm when it goes live by finding a fairly unique player name on the defense and searching them instead to find the guild you are definitely facing.

Good luck! Those uphill TWs can be pretty disheartening...
  • Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
  • We've got a similar match up. 130gp for us and 250gp for them. Based on 18 slots to fill we must have had about the same amount of members join. Even if it was their weakest 36 join, we'd still be way off. I never seen a match up like it for us.
  • As above, are you certain you’ve found the correct opposing guild?
  • WombatJediKnight
    140 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Thought so. But looking again, the guild icon is different in game to swgoh.gg. Hmm, might be a subtle name difference.
    Post edited by WombatJediKnight on