Modding Vader

My Vader has zeta on merciless massacre and is gear 12. I know I want 2 crit chance mods on him but I’m not sure if I should do the other four offense or crit damage.

All help is greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• It's a great thing that secondaries on your current mod options don't matter. Otherwise you'd face the fact that your choice is not dependent on sets but ttb instead what those three set options and their secondaries give you.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    It's a great thing that secondaries on your current mod options don't matter. Otherwise you'd face the fact that your choice is not dependent on sets but ttb instead what those three set options and their secondaries give you.

"ttb"? "Three set options"? You sure that's not the wrong thread for your answer?
    WMboss2 wrote: »
    My Vader has zeta on merciless massacre and is gear 12. I know I want 2 crit chance mods on him but I’m not sure if I should do the other four offense or crit damage.

All help is greatly appreciated :)

As Vader is getting a ton of Crit Chance with his new skill i gave him a Crit Damage set. Be careful when you face teams with Kenobi in it.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kenobi isn't a problem for me. Relic JKA is. Especially if ability block doesn't land on him.
  • As Vader is getting a ton of Crit Chance with his new skill i gave him a Crit Damage set. Be careful when you face teams with Kenobi in it.

Ok, I was leaning toward critdamge but just wanted conformation
  • Speed set, CD triangle, and a CC set with awesome speed secondaries all around is optimal.
  • Speed set, CD triangle, and a CC set with awesome speed secondaries all around is optimal.

I have a fast thrawn so I was thinking I would just swap the turn to Vader
  • WMboss2 wrote: »
    You need Thrawn to swap with Traya to isolate tank ... if you use such a setup.
    I use 4xCD, 2xHP ... because these sets are my fastest sets.
    DMG-Triangle, Pot-Cross
    Vader is r5 263 Speed, 89% Potency, 6361 Damage, 60% CC
    Team is Vader, Palp, Traya, Thrawn, Wat
  • WMboss2
    55 posts Member
    kiar1404 wrote: »
    DMG-Triangle, Pot-Cross

Rn I’m using thrawn lead with Traya shore trooper Vader, and probe droid.

My Vader is a 156 speed at gear 12, should I aim for more speed?
  • WMboss2
    55 posts Member
    Also is there anyone I should substitute into the lineup
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    When it comes down to choosing offense or CD for an attacker, I generally just go with "whichever I have a better/faster set for at that particular moment." There are dorks who obsess over differences of 1% in total damage output who will sing the praises of one over the other, but they come out pretty close to even for most practical purposes. Definitely make sure you have a CD primary on his triangle, though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

DMG-Triangle, Pot-Cross

Yes on speed. Have you tried vader lead with that crew?
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    DMG-Triangle, Pot-Cross

Yes on speed. Have you tried vader lead with that crew?

I have but in my case thrawn has been working better. He has the extra offense and he grants everyone an extra special ability which keeps the opposing fracture in place longer. And more protection
    Speed set, CD triangle, and a CC set with awesome speed secondaries all around is optimal.

If your Thrawn is going before Vader these days then you need to mod Vader faster.

Your Vader (against certain teams) should be getting crazy bonus speed stacks from allies present and from enemies.
    Speed set, CD triangle, and a CC set with awesome speed secondaries all around is optimal.

If your Thrawn is going before Vader these days then you need to mod Vader faster.

Your Vader (against certain teams) should be getting crazy bonus speed stacks from allies present and from enemies.

Should I put more speed on him at the cost of better crit chance and offense secondaries

Should I put more speed on him at the cost of better crit chance and offense secondaries

Against most teams I prefer thrawn going first. Fracture the biggest threat or tank, then go after everyone else
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »

Against most teams I prefer thrawn going first. Fracture the biggest threat or tank, then go after everyone else

Ok my thrawn is fast so I’ll get fracture up and running then Vader will do his thing and with all the special abilities thrawn usually holds fracture the whole battle

The Vader Thrawn EP team is all about the TM train. You need to learn how that works. Your statements indicate you are pretty lacking on this team's mechanics

The Vader Thrawn EP team is all about the TM train. You need to learn how that works. Your statements indicate you are pretty lacking on this team's mechanics

Who said anything about ep? It's you who needs to stop being condescending.

To the OP, depending on who you're facing with that team, I'd suggest a mix of offense and speed secondaries. You want Vader to move first or second at most, and not be outrunned by the other team

Who said anything about ep? It's you who needs to stop being condescending.

To the OP, depending on who you're facing with that team, I'd suggest a mix of offense and speed secondaries. You want Vader to move first or second at most, and not be outrunned by the other team

Ok that looks good thanks
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member

🤦‍♂️
  • WMboss2
    55 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »

🤦‍♂️

Facts