IG-11 Kit Idea

Ichiraikou
758 posts Member
edited August 2020
IG-11
Light Side, Tank (AGI), Leader, Droid, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter
Relentless Bounty Hunter Droid that rushes into battle, causing him to draw enemy attention.

Great Aim (Basic)
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If IG-11 has Accuracy Up, attack again and grant a random other Scoundrel ally Accuracy Up for 2 turns. Otherwise gain Accuracy Up for 2 turns.

Blaster Mayhem (Special) (Cooldown: 4)
Deal Physical damage 10 times to random enemy targets. Inflict Critical Damage Down for 2 turns on each damaged enemy. Enemies damaged more than once also suffer Offence Down for 2 turns. At the end of this turn, IG-11 Taunts for 2 turns. This attack can’t be Resisted.

As The Client Says (Leadership)
All enemies have -35% Evasion. Scoundrel allies have a 50% Chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can’t be Resisted. When IG-11 is in the leader slot, and not the ally slot, the following Contract is active:
Contract: Remove Turn Meter from enemies 25 times (only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract).
Reward: Bounty Hunter allies have their Payouts activated, and gain 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy without removing Turn Meter.

Self-Destruction Protocol (Unique) (Zeta)
When IG-11 is defeated, all enemies suffer damage equal to 30% of their Survivability, which can’t be Evaded or Reduced (except by raid bosses). If all allies are Scoundrel at the start of the battle, all enemies also suffer Healing Immunity for 2 turns and Ability Block for 1 turn, which can’t be Evaded, Resisted, Copied, or Dispelled. (Survivability = Max Health + Max Protection.)

IG-11’s Payout (Unique)
Whenever IG-11 receives a Reward from a Contract, he also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)
Payout: Whenever IG-11 loses Taunt, reduce the cooldown of Blaster Mayhem by 1. Whenever IG-11 or another Scoundrel ally loses a buff, IG-11 Recovers 5% Protection and gains 5% Turn Meter.

Previous version:
IG-11
Light Side, Support (AGI), Leader, Droid, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter
Supportive Droid that can revive Scoundrel allies and self destructs when defeated.

Great Aim (Basic)
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If target enemy has Defence Down, attack again. Otherwise inflict Defence Down for 2 turns, which can’t be Resisted.

I am a Nurse Droid Now (Special) (Cooldown: 4)
Revive a random defeated Scoundrel ally at 40% Health and 80% Turn Meter, and grant that ally Stealth for 2 turns. Then, all Scoundrel allies gain Protection Over Time (30%) for 2 turns and IG-11 gains 15% Turn Meter for each active Scoundrel ally.

Scoundrel allies gain +70% Accuracy and have a 50% Chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can’t be Resisted. When IG-11 is in the leader slot, and not the ally slot, the following Contract is active:
Contract: Remove Turn Meter from enemies 20 times (only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract).
Reward: Bounty Hunter allies have their Payouts activated, and gain 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy without removing Turn Meter.

When IG-11 is defeated, all enemies suffer damage equal to 30% of their Survivability, which can’t be Evaded or Reduced (except by raid bosses). If all allies are Scoundrel at the start of the battle, all enemies also suffer Healing Immunity for 2 turns and Ability Block for 1 turn, which can’t be Evaded, Resisted, Copied, or Dispelled. (Survivability = Max Health + Max Protection.)

IG-11’s Payout (Unique)
Whenever IG-11 receives a Reward from a Contract, he also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)
Payout: When another Scoundrel ally is defeated, reduce IG-11’s cooldowns by 1. When IG-11 reaches 1% Health, it dispels all debuffs from itself, takes a bonus turn, and then is defeated.

This kit idea for IG-11 (from The Mandalorian) is an updated version of a reaction kit idea. I've unfortunately forgotten to what post the original was an reaction. But it has changed quite a lot anyway, so it's not too bad. Just a minor worry for me. As always, tell me what you think.
Post edited by Ichiraikou on

Replies

• I fail to see how IG-11 is a Leader? He’s merely a servant of the Bounty Hunter’s guild.

Also it’s abilities are a mish mash of IG-11’s abilities throughout the series instead of just at one point. It’s nurse droid programming should be replaced with an AOE blaster kind of thing like when he goes into the compound >>> (https://youtu.be/hh_8aAMJNEo).
  • I think the turn meter removal being the contract is a cool idea. Don't know how challenging it would be to get it off though. You basically have an average of 40 attack to get it to go off. If you mass assist with Greef and Bossk, and have either Boba, Jango, Greedo or Dengar, you have a decent chance to be at the payout after 2 full rounds of your team. With the TM removal though, maybe you get more attacks in at the beginning so that's OK. I'm certainly intrigued and would try it out either way.
  • I fail to see how IG-11 is a Leader? He’s merely a servant of the Bounty Hunter’s guild.

Also it’s abilities are a mish mash of IG-11’s abilities throughout the series instead of just at one point. It’s nurse droid programming should be replaced with an AOE blaster kind of thing like when he goes into the compound >>> (https://youtu.be/hh_8aAMJNEo).
    That's how the bounty hunter faction works. Due to Payouts being triggered by contracts, and contracts being tied to leaderships, all bounty hunter characters need to have a leadership. Thou to some extend I agree with you, which is why his lead doesn't have a zeta. I also think the Mandalorian still has a better lead all-round.
    I also Designed him with the entire series in mind. But also the currant Light Side Bounty Hunters. Currently The Mandalorian is a really good character. But without a good tank he can be focused down easily and be killed before he can pull his contract off (and thus can't disintegrate anyone). By having IG-11 have a revive, he becomes the primary focus. If they don't he will just revive others again after all. I also feared that another AOE ability would make all contracts far too easy to activate. It was really hard to balance, so I eventually decided not to include one, but have his basic attack many times instead (which works nicely with the assist calls and retribution form The Mandalorian and Greef Karga). I do get where you're coming from thou.
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    I think the turn meter removal being the contract is a cool idea. Don't know how challenging it would be to get it off though. You basically have an average of 40 attack to get it to go off. If you mass assist with Greef and Bossk, and have either Boba, Jango, Greedo or Dengar, you have a decent chance to be at the payout after 2 full rounds of your team. With the TM removal though, maybe you get more attacks in at the beginning so that's OK. I'm certainly intrigued and would try it out either way.
    Glad you're intrigued. I do think a contract shouldn't be too easy to pull off, but with Dengar (who has turn meter removal in his AOE) it will probably be quite quickly. But it will require some setup and you need to not face any teams that are immune to turn meter removal.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2319 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    It would be good to have contracts that can only be activated while under other bounty hunters with actual leadership abilities.

My main thing issue is that he’s either a Hunter or a Nurse Droid, something that is referred to many times in the series. You can’t have both imo. Like how The Mandolorian in the game has abilities that match his look before getting more beskar armor.

The nurse droid ability would be fine if this is after he’s no longer a hunter, which would mean there’s no contract to worry about. And vice versa.
    Post edited by Salatious_Scrum on
  • It would be good to have contracts that can only be activated while under other bounty hunters with actual leadership abilities.

My main thing issue is that he’s either a Hunter or a Nurse Droid, something that is referred to many times in the series. You can’t have both imo. Like how The Mandolorian in the game has abilities that match his look before getting more beaker armor.

The nurse droid ability would be fine if this is after he’s no longer a hunter, which would mean there’s no contract to worry about. And vice versa.

From a character perspective, you actually make a good point. Yet from a game perspective, I want him to be to be the most useful with other light side bounty hunters. I guess I'm going to have to think from a different angle with this, but I'll need some time to think about that. It's late here anyway. But thanks for the feedback anyway. It is quite helpful.
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    IG-11
    Light Side, Support, Leader, Droid, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter
    Supportive Droid that can revive Scoundrel allies and self destructs when defeated.

Great Aim (Basic)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If target enemy has Defence Down, attack again. Otherwise inflict Defence Down for 2 turns, which can’t be Resisted.

Revive a random defeated Scoundrel ally at 40% Health and 80% Turn Meter, and grant that ally Stealth for 2 turns. Then, all Scoundrel allies gain Protection Over Time (30%) for 2 turns and IG-11 gains 15% Turn Meter for each active Scoundrel ally.

Scoundrel allies gain +70% Accuracy and have a 50% Chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can’t be Resisted. When IG-11 is in the leader slot, and not the ally slot, the following Contract is active:
    Contract: Remove Turn Meter from enemies 20 times (only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract).

IG-11’s Payout (Unique)
    Payout: When another Scoundrel ally is defeated, reduce IG-11’s cooldowns by 1. When IG-11 reaches 1% Health, it dispels all debuffs from itself, takes a bonus turn, and then is defeated.
    This kit idea for IG-11 (from The Mandalorian) is an updated version of a reaction kit idea. I've unfortunately forgotten to what post the original was an reaction. But it has changed quite a lot anyway, so it's not too bad. Just a minor worry for me. As always, tell me what you think.

**** how long did It take for you to come with this? also good job that is a good idea
  • There’s also some other stuff in the kit that ought to be changed, moved, or completely removed. Like the italicized text in his unique doesn’t match the name you gave the ability. It’d make much more sense if the italicized text’s condition be based on the after effects of IG11 self destructing, not based on who his allies are.

• There’s also some other stuff in the kit that ought to be changed, moved, or completely removed. Like the italicized text in his unique doesn’t match the name you gave the ability. It’d make much more sense if the italicized text’s condition be based on the after effects of IG11 self destructing, not based on who his allies are.

This I massively disagree on. The condition is fore balance purposes. He is meant to be with Scoundrel/bounty hunters and Not with Droids. Especially General Grievous. Being able to deal massive damage to all enemies, followed by a GG attack, anddisabling the entire enemy team with Healing Immunity and Ability Block is far to powerful. At least the healing immunity and ability block only appear in a full scoundrel team (and it's italic because it's what the zeta adds).
  • JangoKarga wrote: »
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    IG-11
    Light Side, Support, Leader, Droid, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter

Great Aim (Basic)

IG-11’s Payout (Unique)

**** how long did It take for you to come with this? also good job that is a good idea

All things considered, about 1 to 1,5 weeks? I like to sit on an idea and rethink it later with a more clear mind.
  • Made a new version more based on the bounty hunter version. It's a first version so might update it later (probably will). Previous version is also still present in the spoiler tag. As always, tell me what you think.
  • One thing I occurred to me while reading about the new 3Bac/ChewPO/3Bacca, while yes, most characters are picked out of a specific time, not all are and the original C-3PO is a perfect example. He has 3 separate uniques for Galactic Republic, Rebel and Resistance.
  • I like it overall, but I have one issue. Accuracy Up being his main buff overrides the anti-evading in his lead. It seems pretty redundant. Instead, How about the following:

All enemies have -15% offense and potency. Bounty Hunter allies that have Accuracy Up deal 10% more damage, and dispel Foresight on enemies before they deal damage. Bounty Hunter allies are immune to Blind. [Leave the Turn Meter/contract/payout the same].

This way, you can combat the Blind/Foresight mechanisms that cause more of that nasty evading, plus you get a nice damage boost(and a place for Cad Bane?!). Just a thought.
  • I like it overall, but I have one issue. Accuracy Up being his main buff overrides the anti-evading in his lead. It seems pretty redundant. Instead, How about the following:

All enemies have -15% offense and potency. Bounty Hunter allies that have Accuracy Up deal 10% more damage, and dispel Foresight on enemies before they deal damage. Bounty Hunter allies are immune to Blind. [Leave the Turn Meter/contract/payout the same].

This way, you can combat the Blind/Foresight mechanisms that cause more of that nasty evading, plus you get a nice damage boost(and a place for Cad Bane?!). Just a thought.
    This is a pretty clever idea, but I don't exactly like it. Foresight and blind are a way to slow him down so it opens up theory-crafting against him. Plus the accuracy up is on his basic and thus active in every team, the evasion down is in his lead and only active when he's leading. Plus his old kit has +70% accuracy while the Evasion Down and Accuracy Up combined come to 60%. They are 2 effect that work together to counter on effect.
    But the most important thing is that this makes his lead objectively better in most scenario's than The Mandalroan's. And considering mine doesn't have a zeta in his lead, I don't what that. I wanted his lead to be usable in certain situations or certain counter teams, but The Mandalorain's lead to be better in most situation.
    Still a nice idea thou. Might keep it around for another kit idea or modify it to better work towards what I want. So sill thanks for the feedback.