CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited July 2020
[Developer Insight - Kit Reveal]

kwvc6ksa5372.jpg

UNIT NAME: Threepio & Chewie
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Rebel, Attacker, Droid
Rebel Attacker duo that can distract their enemies with Blind and deal significant damage to all enemies in multi-encounter battles

ABILITIES:

Basic: Frantic Shot

hbdjf6cgie90.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Evasion Down for 2 turns.

Special 1: Shining Distraction (Cooldown 2)

r3ss47l7azlu.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on Threepio & Chewie. Rebel allies recover 15% Protection and gain Advantage for 2 turns. Dispel all buffs from all enemies and Blind them for 2 turns. This ability can't be evaded.

Special 2: (ZETA) Chewie's Rage (Cooldown 3)

wb1jhtrhaseo.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies. Deal damage an additional time (up to 5 additional times) for each enemy that has been defeated during the battle. Threepio & Chewie gain 10% Offense (stacking) until the end of battle whenever this ability defeats an enemy.

Unique 1: I Must Tell The Others

FINAL TEXT: If the allied Leader is a Rebel, Threepio & Chewie gain 40% of the Leader's Max Health, Max Protection, Offense, Defense, Potency, and Tenacity at the start of the first encounter, and Rebel allies gain half that amount. Rebel allies have +15% Critical Avoidance.

Whenever another Rebel ally uses an ability, Threepio & Chewie are called to assist, dealing 30% less damage (limit once per turn). If they were defeated, Threepio & Chewie are revived with 50% Health and Protection whenever another Rebel ally is revived.

While enemies are Blinded, they have -50% Tenacity and can't attack out of turn
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    That unique is so good

What does it mean by the start of the first encounter?

On wave 2 to wave 4 of PvE events like Raids and LS TB they don’t gain those bonuses anymore?
  • Options
    Thank the Maker!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ah this toon works well with Cara Dune

Can’t wait Luke and Hoda so that we can eventually have a backpack squad later on
  • Options
    noice
  • Byrdka
    74 posts Member
    Options
    They keep it and probably can’t gain it more then once. I think they mean it won’t stack.
    Ultra wrote: »
    That unique is so good

On wave 2 to wave 4 of PvE events like Raids and LS TB they don’t gain those bonuses anymore?

• Options
    Anyone else notice the "Wookie" tag?
  • Options
    https://imgur.com/HIzbMDI

I mean I'm cool with there being a Wookiee tag... but no scoundrel tag?
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »

I did I'm guessing this is the start of the Wookie Faction. I'm hoping that we get Tarful as Leader of the Wookies
  • Options
    Does this change any requirements going forward in the Jedi Knight Luke event seeing as the character was used in the event?
  • Options
    Byrdka wrote: »
    They keep it and probably can’t gain it more then once. I think they mean it won’t stack.
    That unique is so good

If that's what they meant, then why didn't they just say "at the start of battle"?
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

The wookie tag is in the image, but not in the kit description, so either that was a mistake or they're being sneaky...
  • Options
    Clash2Far wrote: »

Petition for scoundrel tag!
  • Options
    I sure hope we don't need JKL for some ungodly reason
  • Options
    My my if this is exciting I don’t know what is! That unique looks amazing!
  • Options
    That unique is so good

They worded it really weird, but at least if it's for LS Geo TB you only need the ability for one wave anyways :/
  • Options
    Potato211 wrote: »
    I sure hope we don't need JKL for some ungodly reason

They said it's a marquee so we're good
  • Options
    I'm excited for that wookie tag
  • Options
    Clash2Far wrote: »

Petition for scoundrel tag!

@CG_SBCrumb I'm sure this was just a simple oversight, right?
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • TotenTeufel
    133 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    How many chewys and hans do we need? Out of the entire SWU, this is what you came up with? Smh.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • Options
    That unique revive mechanic is going to synergize so well with Cara, but it might also be a use for SRP. Something like Old-Ben lead, Cara, SRP, and then Threepio and Chewie will be nuts on the revives. Probably either a second cleanse or somebody to spread buffs for the 5th slot to make sure the revives keep happening. Or perhaps Fulcrum Ahsoka.
  • wildnz
    256 posts Member
    Options
    I guess we know why Jedi Knight Luke isn’t a Rebel (well from a game balance view). Backc3 would get the % of his base stats...
  • Options
    When is the Marquee Event, is it today?
  • Drexb
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Do they share the 3PO synergy that R2 has with regular 3PO?

It would be so cool if they did.
  • Options
    Does this change any requirements going forward in the Jedi Knight Luke event seeing as the character was used in the event?

Probably not, since it was a provided character, and not one of the direct requirements.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah yeah CG, we get it, we need to bring him to R7 to actually benefit from him. Don't worry, this won't convince me to throw 400 in the bin to max his stars.
  • Options
    I’m not spending a dime on this.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    How many chewys and hans do we need? Out of the entire SWU, this is what you came up with? Smh.
    I’m not spending a dime on this.

Ok, we got it. You don't like the char added to the game. No one is forcing you to get him. And yes, there were actually a lot of people who said they'd find it funny if they added the Chewie/3PO to the game after playing the JKL event. And don't worry, CG will add more chars to the game.
    Post edited by Legend91 on
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

Just an FYI its not on this page. Only the dev insight page. Also there's a droid tag and i can't wait for the theory crafting
  • Options
    Ohhh, so the revive mechanic comes into play with Cara dune! Or the pathfinder
  • Options
    Wookie tag?
    Am I missing something?