Kyber result

Prev134
vincentlondon
4527 posts Member
edited July 2020
Looks like the top 10 players in Kyber division 1 have bunch of Relic 0 toons again.
Does that mean if we have bunch of R7 toons we have no chances?

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    #1 has a roster which appears to be min-maxed for GAC. Bit too serious for my tastes but more power to him.

The rest of the top 10 have a variety of roster balances including several with GLs.

So what that means is that they are better at GAC than you. /shrug
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    219.png
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    xmw45iaodz5f.png
    :D two no shows and a half attempt... yep ... totally better at GAC @Rath_Tarr
  • Some people have realized g13 is the best power per GP. You can’t fault those people for seeing that.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    xmw45iaodz5f.png
    Yep, better at GAC. All you have shown there is opponents' choices.

We don't control opponent selection or activity but we do control our roster, strategy and tactics and he has done so well enough to win all 12 matches with full clears and probably all feats, judging by his score.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

We don't control opponent selection or activity but we do control our roster, strategy and tactics and he has done so well enough to win all 12 matches with full clears and probably all feats, judging by his score.
    If you're getting 1956 in GAC it is because of your opponent. They have set awful teams.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

If you're getting 1956 in GAC it is because of your opponent. They have set awful teams.
    You can see for yourself what he's doing..

https://swgoh.gg/p/887416736/gac-history/
  • Some people have realized g13 is the best power per GP. You can’t fault those people for seeing that.

You're right. But we can most definitely fault the generic system in place that creates it.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

One interesting thing I noticed is Geos never touch his Traya, not ever, they only scratch sion.

Well, that's how it's supposed to be. If the Geo team doesn't happen to be insanely fast or relic'd out of their mind, then Traya shouldn't get hurt at all.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

Lots of weak D teams he faces, to allow for so many solos.

One interesting thing I noticed is Geos never touch his Traya, not ever, they only scratch sion.
    Did you bother to.check his GAC stats?

htb1y4j6gcks.png

He has finished Kyber in every GAC so far, as have I. My stats are good but his are better, across the board, most notably his 911 undersized squad battles. That's an average of 8.4 undersquad battles per match across 108 matches.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

htb1y4j6gcks.png

He has finished Kyber in every GAC so far, as have I. My stats are good but his are better, across the board, most notably his 911 undersized squad battles. That's an average of 8.4 undersquad battles per match across 108 matches.

Might want to re-read that
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

htb1y4j6gcks.png

Mayyybe.:D

620 undersquads over 108 matches is still an impressive average of 5.7 undersquad wins per match.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

htb1y4j6gcks.png

Mayyybe.:D

620 undersquads over 108 matches is still an impressive average of 5.7 undersquad wins per match.

Ok... math checks out 😁
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Get matched against people setting ewoks on defence

Get high score

Bestaroundkaratekid.mp4
  • Hortus
    621 posts Member
    Looks like the top 10 players in Kyber division 1 have bunch of Relic 0 toons again.

That just mean that matchmaking algorithm which allows someone to "win" without even chance to directly fight against absolute majority of competitors is... well, somewhat bad. :) Can't blame people for exploiting this though, I did it myself when GAC was my main focus in the game.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    To the og question; not for a bunch of r7s, but if you are overdoing relic levels including r7, that will push down your chances simply by the fact you will get matched with all serious players (who might potentially better distributed their top 80). I'm somewhere in between, I take care of my relic levels, but also do hobby teams and have no g11s in top 80, so only kyber is accessible for me while going for top 300 is not realistic. If I tried to do that by too much undermaning I would lose extra matches on failed attempts which already happens.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited July 2020

Get high score

Bestaroundkaratekid.mp4

Well, he/she does put Ewoks on D too, but still got higher score than his/her opponents. When you have less than 5M GP and keep your best weapons for offense, it's not unusual that Ewoks are among your best teams left for D. Maybe it doesn't happen at your higher GP level though.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

Get high score

Bestaroundkaratekid.mp4

Well, he/she does put Ewoks on D too, but still got higher score than his/her opponents. When you have less than 5M GP and keep your best weapons for offense, it's not unusual that Ewoks are among your best teams left for D. Maybe it doesn't happen at your higher GP level though.

Yup, at 6m+ ewoks have long fallen off the map, but I have trouble using imp troopers, fo and even bh. There is just too many teams and too few slots.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    5.1, there are no ewoks, and bh are a misyake when they appear, OR as well.

His top GP amount just games the systwm more likely. Sure he plays smart but that roster isn't 'the best in div 1'

GAC needs a rework
    /thread
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Besides any possible improvements to matchmaking, GAC urgently needs more divisions, many of them...which should superbly easy to do.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

Check that GAC history again. You're not reading it right. They actually set normal defense for their GP range. I see both DR + Malak, JKR lead jedi, NS, Geos, Padme + GR, Shaak Ti + clones, GG + sep droids, Nute teams etc. They are not setting weak teams for their GP range. Yet Bus 74 still undersized most battles.

When you score 1950+ repearedly it's because you carefully theory crafted how to beat the defenses you're up against with undersized squads, built those squads and single characters just strong enough to do their job, modded them well to serve their purpose and saved them for offense. Bus 74 excels in this.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

If you put R7 on a character that will serve its purpose in GAC with g13 / R0 you definitely hurt your chances to win in GAC. However, enjoy your wins in arenas, TBs etc.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    GAC is not a real Championship because it is using the top GP matchmaking.

It should be called GA and not GAC. GAC MM should be with current points and not top GP.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Yeah, it's definitely hard to compete with those MM exploiters for a kyber top spot. Not impossible but very hard thx to the limitation of scoring undersized (and therefor high banner) wins when you have a "normal" developed roster that shall also succeed in other game modes such as TB.
    I'd love to see 3 more divisions added on top of the current div 1 and an overhaul of the current MM towards an Elo system. Eventually the best players of each division would get matched against each other and those who keep losing (because maybe they have on of these inefficient rosters with lots of fun teams such as relic jawas) can have some fun again being matched against "their kind".
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

Don't want to jump to conclusions but his 6/16 round 2 match CLS solos a full GG team is suspect. Can't find the opponent on swgoh.gg so points to anyone that can find it and post.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

Don't want to jump to conclusions but his 6/16 round 2 match CLS solos a full GG team is suspect. Can't find the opponent on swgoh.gg so points to anyone that can find it and post.

https://swgoh.gg/p/544923796/characters/
  • Yado101 wrote: »
    xmw45iaodz5f.png

https://swgoh.gg/p/544923796/characters/

Dont think that is it. Shows a different opponent on 6/16 round 2. I checked about 20 different Delara Exibil accounts and couldn't find the match up