Team ideas

Prev1
I've been playing swgoh for awhile now and while I've gotten to level 85 and have a lot of characters unlocked and up to level 85 with 7* and good gear i think I'm stuck in a rut and am learning how little i know about teams. Could you give me advice on what team i should be using with my characters and which I should focus on gearing up for now please. I've got screen shots of all characters. 8fu64bxd9r4o.jpg
4mwd8rzuchro.jpg
6eunstmtar13.jpg
hpi1btn1hujw.jpg
8lr16k5hifri.jpg
w9i2r96t08bi.jpg
9xr0d3ie7snz.jpg
156evp9910n5.jpg
7q2kk6lfe4wd.jpg
akrl81iedqah.jpg

Replies

• OP here sorry I put the one image in that was sorted by only jedi.
  • 9x68bwzhda80.jpg
    kmg3w8qxq307.jpg
    4mas9ruvtqf4.jpg
    malsmsi7isnm.jpg
    3tkr89399lba.jpg
    urtf9tb28ctk.jpg
    6m3r4datmgg9.jpg
    2bwtsaxqiy5g.jpg
    s3frkvjzaiqa.jpg
    This is the team I've been using to get to the 400s in arena.m4aoko7pcjwa.jpg
    And here are their individual stuff.
    n7efu0acpv2b.jpg
  • Sorry it's a lot of screenshots but I thought the more I showed the better answers I'd get.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    do you have an swgoh.gg account?
    this would be a lot easier for us to look at your roster
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    for a first advice:
    farm anakin and ahsoka and kick out lumi and vader
  • Vader belongs in an empire team on a dot team
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I agree with @Larx. It is a big hassle to post tons of screenshots when it would be just easier to create a swgoh.gg account.

You just go to swgoh.gg and in the top right corner their will be a sign in button. Click on it then click sign up. Then you just fill out the information and create the account. You then have to sync your swgoh account with your swgoh.gg account. You just hover over your name in the top right corner and click settings and sync. It will take you to a new screen then you click on sync settings and type in your player ID (it is not your ally code). Your player ID can be found if you click on your profile (in game).

Sorry, that was a lot of information. Hope it wasn't to confusing. :)
  • Also, a good dark side team could be Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Sion and Nihilus but you might need to gear/star up Nihilus and Sion a little. You could also sub in Bastila Shan fallen into the sith with thrawn lineup. Or you could have Nihilus lead the Sith and you put in Count Dooku which supercharges Dooku because he will have a high health steal plus he counter attacks a lot so whenever he is attacked he will counter attack and just keep getting more health.

I also don't think I see Palp but you could unlock him with rebels and should be able to gear him up to hopefully at least purple.

Another Palp lineup if you don't want sith with thrawn is full empire lineup with Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and Stormtrooper.

All in all, you have a lot of options and variations for lineups but you should just go with what you what. Although I recommend to go with Sith or Empire, you get the final decision.
  • Ok so I created an account at the swgoh.gg site and synced with it my game I hope that helps but how do I share it here? I'm in it as Stitch666
  • Also, a good dark side team could be Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Sion and Nihilus but you might need to gear/star up Nihilus and Sion a little. You could also sub in Bastila Shan fallen into the sith with thrawn lineup. Or you could have Nihilus lead the Sith and you put in Count Dooku which supercharges Dooku because he will have a high health steal plus he counter attacks a lot so whenever he is attacked he will counter attack and just keep getting more health.

I also don't think I see Palp but you could unlock him with rebels and should be able to gear him up to hopefully at least purple.

Another Palp lineup if you don't want sith with thrawn is full empire lineup with Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and Stormtrooper.

All in all, you have a lot of options and variations for lineups but you should just go with what you what. Although I recommend to go with Sith or Empire, you get the final decision.

If I went with a nihilist lead with dooku who else would you recommend for that group.
  • Larx wrote: »
    for a first advice:
    farm anakin and ahsoka and kick out lumi and vader

Which Ashoka?
  • Nevermind about Ashoka I see the fulcrum one isn't a jedi.
  • Stitch666 wrote: »
    Ok so I created an account at the swgoh.gg site and synced with it my game I hope that helps but how do I share it here? I'm in it as Stitch666

Just post the link in the discussion.
    Also, a good dark side team could be Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Sion and Nihilus but you might need to gear/star up Nihilus and Sion a little. You could also sub in Bastila Shan fallen into the sith with thrawn lineup. Or you could have Nihilus lead the Sith and you put in Count Dooku which supercharges Dooku because he will have a high health steal plus he counter attacks a lot so whenever he is attacked he will counter attack and just keep getting more health.

If I went with a nihilist lead with dooku who else would you recommend for that group.

Bastila shan Fallen, Vader, and Sion.
  • You could also have a nightsister lineup if you get Mother Talzin and gear up nightsisters up a little. It would be Talzin, Daka, Zombie, Spirit, and either Talia, initiate, or acolyte.

You have a lot of possible teams and could run so many lineups (bounty hunters, resistance, separatists, and droids to name a few) but if I had to say your strongest teams are jedi, sith, empire, and rebels.
  • But if you are wondering who to gear up, you should definitely gear up sion and Nihilus because they are both really good. Nihilus has Annihilate plus a lot of health steal. Sion has the held by hatred revives and with the heath steal bonus from Nihilus, it makes him even more durable.
  • You might want to gear up bastila shan fallen because you would end up putting her in the sith lineup.

Also for sith lineup, you might not want palatine in it because you might use palpatine for an empire lineup.
  • Remember, you don't have to listen to everything I say and you should also take in advice from other people because I could have a different strategy than someone else.
  • Thank you for the advice currently I started focusing upon jedi mostly anakin and Ashoka
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Stitch666 wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice currently I started focusing upon jedi mostly anakin and Ashoka

Good! Those two are eventually used in padme lineups so it is good that you are gearing them up now.
  • So with Bastille leading up gmy anikan and Ashoka who should I use for the fifth spot? Old ben?
    So with Bastille leading up gmy anikan and Ashoka who should I use for the fifth spot? Old ben?

Yes you should use old ben. You should also start to farm Jolee because he will eventually replace Ahsoka in your Bastila lead jedi when Ahsoka becomes part of a padme squad.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    So once you get Padme you will have a Padme lead squad with General Kenobi (once you get him from HAAT), C3P0, Ahsoka and Jedi Knight Anakin.

Your Jedi squad would be Bastila, Jolee, Hermit Yoda, Yoda, and Old Ben

Once you get Revan it would be Revan lead, Bastila, Jolee, Hermit Yoda, and either Old Ben or Yoda.

So the final goal is:

Revan lead, Bastila, Jolee, Hermit Yoda, and either Yoda or Old Ben

Padme lead, General Kenobi, Ahsoka, Jedi Knight Anakin, and either Yoda or C3P0.

Hope that isn't too confusing. :)
  • So once you get Padme you will have a Padme lead squad with General Kenobi (once you get him from HAAT), C3P0, Ahsoka and Jedi Knight Anakin.

Your Jedi squad would be Bastila, Jolee, Hermit Yoda, Yoda, and Old Ben

Once you get Revan it would be Revan lead, Bastila, Jolee, Hermit Yoda, and either Old Ben or Yoda.

So the final goal is:

Revan lead, Bastila, Jolee, Hermit Yoda, and either Yoda or Old Ben

Padme lead, General Kenobi, Ahsoka, Jedi Knight Anakin, and either Yoda or C3P0.

Hope that isn't too confusing. :)

Thanks so much that's the kind of forward planning towards groups I needed to learn.
    So with Bastille leading up gmy anikan and Ashoka who should I use for the fifth spot? Old ben?

Yes you should use old ben. You should also start to farm Jolee because he will eventually replace Ahsoka in your Bastila lead jedi when Ahsoka becomes part of a padme squad.

Who is jolee I don't see them as a jedi on my list? Where do I get them? Also for padme what do i need to get her unlocked? Also what about this need chewy with c3p0, where does he fit in? I just unlocked him and got him up to level 50 so I could add mods to him but I do that with every new character.

Who is jolee I don't see them as a jedi on my list? Where do I get them? Also for padme what do i need to get her unlocked? Also what about this need chewy with c3p0, where does he fit in? I just unlocked him and got him up to level 50 so I could add mods to him but I do that with every new character.

I found him I just got to unlock him so it'll be a while cause I figured I'd spend battle energy on missions to get hear for my jedi to upgrade their gear first or should I focus on him first? I see a lot of teams with him and he seems to be able to resurrect fallen comrades or is that not something he does?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

I found him I just got to unlock him so it'll be a while cause I figured I'd spend battle energy on missions to get hear for my jedi to upgrade their gear first or should I focus on him first? I see a lot of teams with him and he seems to be able to resurrect fallen comrades or is that not something he does?

He does but only with his zeta: Add Revive all defeated Jedi allies at 80% Health with Crit Immunity for 5 turns
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

Good idea. Most of the time I use 2-3 regular energy refreshes and I farm one-two hard node characters while using the remaining energy for gear.
  • Chewy and 3P0 work good with rebels. Right now you could use him with CLS, stormtrooper han, princess Leia, and R2D2. Eventually, you want the rebels squad that has Chewy and 3P0 to be CLS, Han, Chewbacca and either R2D2 or C3P0 (meaning you would put Yoda in the Padme squad instead of C3P0). If you don't know how to get Chewbacca he can be unlocked with Bounty Hunters.

For Chewbacca you should use boba fett, Bossk (dark side farm on node 9-B), IG-88, Cad Bane, and Jango Fett (light side farm on node 8-D). The reason you want those certain characters is because to unlock the Millenium Falcon you need Bounty hunter ships. That is why you unlock the Bounty Hunters that have a ship plus Jango fett since he could be farmed with Hound's Tooth.

If you don't know, for the Millenium Falcon you should use Slave I (found in fleet store and fleet battles on node 2-B), Hound's Tooth (found on the same node as jango fett), Xanadu Blood (found in light side battles on node 8-B), and IG-2000 (found on light side battles 6-E).

For Padme you need separatists. You have a couple options for that. You could just use Dooku, Poggle, Grievous, MagnaGuard, and Geo Soldier (your top 5 separatists). You could use Grievous and the droids but you would need to farm Droideka (light side hard node farm), b1 battle droid (fleet battle farm), and b2 battle droid (guild and fleet shipment). Or you could use the 5 geos which would mean gearing up geo spy, soldier, and sun fac a little more while farming Brood Alpha from cantina nodes.

So basically the paths you can take (to sum up everything) are:
    • farm bounty hunters and their ships for Chewbacca and the Millenium Falcon
    • farm separatists for Padme
    • gearing jedi to make them even better while also preparing for Ahsoka and Anakin to split from the Jedi squad into the Padme squad
    • farm old republic for Revan and Darth Revan
    • farm/gear up Sith characters like sion and Nihilus to make your Sith squad better

That was a lot of info. Hopefully I didn't get you too stressed about unlocking and gearing up all those characters because the point of the game is to have fun.