Share Your MM Theorycrafts/Tests

Guar
44 posts Member
What are some crazy combos you’ve theorized or tested with Merciless Massacre? Any promising results?

Chewie + Guarded Vader was one I came up with. It’s been a blast to use and I’m still trying to find the best squad combination for it in Arena. Would like to add Wat to the squad but mine is only 4* which means he steals Guarded from Vader.

Replies

• whatissleep
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    In theory, adding sith trooper in with Chewie and Vader could be fun since he assists when a sith ally crits. Only problem would be making sure he’s strong enough to not take guard from Vader which is why I’m having trouble actually testing it.
  • Options
    I’m just going to add to this, Chewpio (or whatever it is) assists each time a rebel (Chewie) attacks. In this instance each time guarded Vader attacks, Chewie assists and because Chewie is attacking, Chewpio assists. So for each of Vader’s attacks the target is effectively getting hit at least 3 times, maybe more depending on the squad comp.
  • Guar
    44 posts Member
    Options
    I’m just going to add to this, Chewpio (or whatever it is) assists each time a rebel (Chewie) attacks. In this instance each time guarded Vader attacks, Chewie assists and because Chewie is attacking, Chewpio assists. So for each of Vader’s attacks the target is effectively getting hit at least 3 times, maybe more depending on the squad comp.

Didn’t even think of using Chewpio, good observation! Add Wat to the mix and that’s essentially an entire team taking turns while the other team is TM frozen.
  • Options
    Guar wrote: »

Didn’t even think of using Chewpio, good observation! Add Wat to the mix and that’s essentially an entire team taking turns while the other team is TM frozen.

Vader is pretty tanky so getting both chewpio and wat strong enough to have guard would be hard to do. And chewpio would cost $ to do so right now.

But it does sound interesting. I don't think it would work against gl Rey since you really need the big dmg all at once to take them out without having the dmg immunity kick in. The assists may trigger the dmg immunity before you can saber throw them to death.

Against kylo, it depends if they are all tanky enough to survive long enough to get the dmg done. Without a shot first mechanic, you need to be able to survive the opening move and go second and have enough dmg to take them out. That's a pretty tall order. You also lose a lot of speed on vader by not having empire or Sith in your team.

Against everything else it would work but vader pretty much works without chewie against them too.

For tw or gac it's probably best to leave chewy and chewpio in a cls team. And for arena if it can't beat Rey or kylo, it isn't much use.

But if anyone has the characters to pull it off, it would be fun to try at least a few times.
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I think Vader / Chewie / ChewPio / SiT / Wat or Han whould be a rather insane team if you mod Vader to have less Health+Prot than the rest (all on CD and Offense)