Character and Gear Notifications

While I’m sure everyone has got used to the constant 3+ red notification above their Characters button (and even Ships), the actual interface once you tap it is horrible to deal with.
Gear that you are saving for one character to gear up, that is needed also by 30 others, so many green +s.
Omegas, zetas, ability mats etc, showing for every character with a red dot. So much going on!

My proposition, say you are gearing up Bastila Shan and you need a stun gun consisting of the stun gun, the golden eyeball and the bacta tube thing.
Once you have got the eyeball, it will suddenly create loads of notifications everywhere, making it hard to see on every toon who needs what, why they have the red dot in the first place etc.
Just an option to hide and choose what gives notifications would be great
For example, an interface saying:
Hide notifications for:
Zetas/Omegas etc
And a list of all gear
Like hide notifications for stun gun
Or hide everyone that wants a carbanti that isn’t who i’m farming
It will make the whole experience so much better.
DarthNoscoper#6969

Replies

• Only thing I can suggest is to only have a few toons on your favorite list, and only work on them until you get them where you want them, yes the red indicators on the toons are annoying, but it's really just a shiny red button they want you to push. Just focus on whatever you are working on dont get sidetracked you will regret it.
  • Yes, please, keep notifications only on favorite toons.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Just get rid of the notifications. If you don't know what you need/have then you have bigger issues.

The +3 is incredibly outdated for 99% of players, and serves no purpose. Maybe have an option to turn off at lvl 85?

Sure I can keep ignoring. Not that big a deal, but I wouldn't mind it going away.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Just get rid of the notifications. If you don't know what you need/have then you have bigger issues.

The +3 is incredibly outdated for 99% of players, and serves no purpose. Maybe have an option to turn off at lvl 85?

Sure I can keep ignoring. Not that big a deal, but I wouldn't mind it going away.

As an owner is of 3+ characters, I disagree. Without the notification, how will I know that I have any characters at all?
  • Stryder80211
    52 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Don't forget that needed gear notifications after your current gear level are outsourced to swgoh.gg (not affiliated with SWGoH...beyond GAC data) and are not present as information in the game.

I agree with the original post: a better interface for the notifications. And mods (let me sell from any mods screen, please). And stop reminding me that I have training droids and gear every time I lose a battle. I lose too many.

Option to turn off notifications after level 85 or only notification for favorites gets my +1.

EDITED for typos
    Post edited by Stryder80211 on
  • +2
  • Stryder80211
    52 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    8ybm42jx00gt.jpg
    In case one doesn't know what it looks like. Though come to think of it, my inbox usually has the same notification.
    j7lkl4z4qii5.jpg
    My other less-desired notification. Maybe remove it after the third time I get wiped in the Finalizer event?

The question is: who are notifications for?

New players? Or just any player that may act on them and then spend crystals? Are these processes a holdover from when the game was new or a business strategy?
  • This can be annoying but isn't a huge issue for me. I favorite toons I'm working on and only put gear on them. Add and I look to make sure pieces aren't needed for anyone else that is more important.

It already puts your favourites on top of your roster when you open the character screen so it is easy enough for me to not scroll down to pay attention to lower characters other than to occasionally promote them so they can be used as platoons or so I can get shard currency for excess shards.

I'm not against the option to turn it off as suggested above but I think there are more pressing issues. Being able to sell mods immediately or sort based on dots and level to make selling them easier would be on my list before this issue.