This is a bug or am I missing something?

miguelfoo
65 posts Member
edited July 2020
During KAM mission, jango backpacked ARC, and then ARC died and 5s sacrificed for nothing, because ARC remained died. Am I missing something?

Health on 5s = 100k
Health on ArC = 86k *1.15 + 100k (5s) = 199k

And Jango damage = 133k

c7q3zmjxdl0g.gif

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    The rocket is capable of killing a clone trooper even after sacrifice since it attacks the same target twice and inflicts healing immunity
  • Bradiclees
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    The way Jango's kit is, any character kill by him cannot be revived.
  • miguelfoo
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Bradiclees wrote: »
    The way Jango's kit is, any character kill by him cannot be revived.

But when 5s sacrifices the other clone should not count as a kill, so jango kit should not trigger
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    The rocket is capable of killing a clone trooper even after sacrifice since it attacks the same target twice and inflicts healing immunity

Ok, but the max health bonus (100k) of 5s when he sacrifices should not count as a healing effect

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    miguelfoo wrote: »

Ok, but the max health bonus (100k) of 5s when he sacrifices should not count as a healing effect

There is a lot more to the sacrifice and the encounter than this.

Firstly, yes a clone can die even thought the sacrifice procs
    When sacrifice procs the other clones gain 5s max protection and the total sum of what that is, added onto their protection bar. They literally gain that much additional protection.
    They also gain 5s max health but theyDO NOT gain any health. They are 2 seperate mechanics. Having said that i haven't seen that explained anywhere by the devs, could be wrong.
    And another aspect, trample stacks, each stack amounts to -15% max protection or something, that also effects 5s sacrifice and can even lower the max health total increase that he gives upon sacrifice i have been told.

So, from this, we can see that 5s had trampled, arc has a couple stacks, hard for me to see. All up though, because the trample stacks on arc dont cleanse on sacrifice, there is easily enough going on with them that he basically gets no additional health/ protection benefits from 5s and just dies anyway.

It is a poorly designed special mission imo but yes it is working as it should be here.
  • miguelfoo
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thank you. Now I see your point about how Max health bonus is applied to the clones, so having said that, what can I do to avoid this gross situation?
  • Options
    Git gud?
  • Options
    Relic abilities?
  • Options

Yet it always has been prevented by healing immunity.
  • miguelfoo
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

Yet it always has been prevented by healing immunity.

But the healing immunity should be applied after arc got the bonus max health and the 100% heeling effect, according to the description of 5s ability (when a clone “would” be defeated) so the word “would” means that previously to the landed damage and debuffs, the 5s ability should trigger the bonuses and healing
  • miguelfoo
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    In order to close this topic, I'm gonna explain what I found taking a look at the game mechanics, step by step.

1. The reek landed an expose to ARC
    2. Jango backpacket to ARC, landing a critical and healing immunity debuff, so ARC would die, and fives triggered sacrifice.
    3. After sacrifice, I ignore what percent of health is given to ARC by the game, lets say 1%, so at this point of the run, we have ARC with 1% of health (0.01x1.6x86k=1.4k plain health), and ARC has the expose and healing immunity debuffs (The expose debuff has not been computed, which for me is debatable).
    4. Then 5s gives to Arc the bonus max health, so ARC has 1% of his new max health (0.01x[1.6x86k+100k]=2.4k plain health), then 5s triggers the 100% healing effect to ARC, but as ARC has the healing immu. debuff, ARC remains with only 2.4k of heath.
    5. The expose is computed by the game, and as ARC only has 2.4k of health, ARC is killed.

My main issue here, is that the expose should be computed at the same time than the rocket damage, not after 5s gives his bonus max health and the 100% healing.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Healing immunity has always
    Lysandrax wrote: »

When sacrifice procs the other clones gain 5s max protection and the total sum of what that is, added onto their protection bar. They literally gain that much additional protection.
    They also gain 5s max health but theyDO NOT gain any health. They are 2 seperate mechanics. Having said that i haven't seen that explained anywhere by the devs, could be wrong.
    And another aspect, trample stacks, each stack amounts to -15% max protection or something, that also effects 5s sacrifice and can even lower the max health total increase that he gives upon sacrifice i have been told.

So, from this, we can see that 5s had trampled, arc has a couple stacks, hard for me to see. All up though, because the trample stacks on arc dont cleanse on sacrifice, there is easily enough going on with them that he basically gets no additional health/ protection benefits from 5s and just dies anyway.

It is a poorly designed special mission imo but yes it is working as it should be here.

If they didn’t gain the health their health bar would drop to half. for example, 100/100 health when 100 More max health is added would be 200/100, and look like 50% health. But it doesn’t bc Max health gain gains the health too iirc. Like dn. This is why, as rsl said, healing immunity hurts the clones so badly when sacrifice triggers. Not hurts as in causes damage obv, hurts in that you have a revived clone but with basically no health.

It’s like when toons lose max health and their health bar goes up, just opposite. But with max health gain the bar never goes down, so they do gain the health.

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Options
    Was fives fifth?
  • Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Was fives fifth?

You cant put Fives in 5th in this event
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Was fives fifth?

You cant put Fives in 5th in this event

That workaround only protects against aoe damage that would kill 5s and the sacrifice target. It wouldn’t impact this scenario.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone who fought SE with Clones will see this mechanic in action if they get shocked. The shock prevents the health gain from sacrifice.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm not complaining about the mechanics of healing immunity, but the way exposure is taken into account, because instead of applying exposure damage at the same time as missile damage, it is applied after the clone is saved and left with a sliver of health because it could not be healed by the sacrifice of 5s
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who fought SE with Clones will see this mechanic in action if they get shocked. The shock prevents the health gain from sacrifice.

If I’m not wrong, SE faction doesn’t have expose mechanic in their kit, or a secondary source of damage after the triggering of the sacrifice
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

If I’m not wrong, SE faction doesn’t have expose mechanic in their kit, or a secondary source of damage after the triggering of the sacrifice

I meant the heal block part.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Healing immunity has always
    Lysandrax wrote: »

If they didn’t gain the health their health bar would drop to half. for example, 100/100 health when 100 More max health is added would be 200/100, and look like 50% health. But it doesn’t bc Max health gain gains the health too iirc. Like dn. This is why, as rsl said, healing immunity hurts the clones so badly when sacrifice triggers. Not hurts as in causes damage obv, hurts in that you have a revived clone but with basically no health.

It’s like when toons lose max health and their health bar goes up, just opposite. But with max health gain the bar never goes down, so they do gain the health.

This is wrong.

But i guess to be fair i am wrong with a part of what i say.
    When you gain the max health, your health percentage stays as is.
    If 5s has 100k health, you dont gain 100k health directly but rather your max health increases by 100k and you gain a % of that health.

Arc has 80k health and is at 50% health.
    5s sacrifices with 100k health, 70k protection.
    Arc completely gains the 70k protection and 70k max protection.
    Arc's new max health is 180k but is still at 50% health and so has gained 50k in health
    Thats 90k health and protection if using the 70k number is at 40k-ish after trample x3 stacks being in play.

Healing immunity shouldn't even play a part as jango's ability suggests that damage is dealth prior to debuffs being inflicted.
    Jango deals ~131k damage though which is sufficient to negate the sacrifice and the moral of the story is to have used a crit avoidance mod
  • Options
    Fives "Tactical Awareness" literally states that the clone that would die recovers 100% health, so yeah, healing immunity plays a big part here.