Ulti Res Rey vs Ulti FO Kylo: bloody and messy

Starslayer
2418 posts Member
Dear Rey users,

after a dozen days of testing (and around 30 battles), I managed to beat different Full FO Ulti Kylos in my shard with a Full Res Ulti Rey with very decent reliability (didn 't do actual math, but I won my last 10 battles or so against various comps).

About my opponents :

Almost all of them field Kylo+Hux+Soldier+KRU. Fifth is often a second tank (Stormtrooper or Malak), sometimes FOO (a few battles against Pilot or Phasma as Fifth) . The strat worked the same whatever the opposite comp was.
SLKR's speed between 495 and 523. Was going first each time, will test some more with a slower Rey. I did a couple of fights and it doesn't seem to change the outcome, but too few to tell.
SLKR's offense around 12k, CD usually 168%, sometimes 210% and a few 240%
SLKR's health+prot around 160k-180k
Sith Soldier around 10k offense and CD from 150% to 222%

The team :

R.Heroes, Holdo, Finn. Should work without RH Poe, he doesn't bring anything important to the table, I need to test some more.

Here comes the strat :

You need to one shot Kylo with your ultimate. That's it. If you have enough offense to do that, you're good to go. I'm currently at 9800 offense with Rey, you probably need at least 9500. My Rey has only 177k health (and it's fine), because I use an offense set, speed arrow, health triangle and offense cross. Mix and match as you want but aim for at least 9500 offense. I have her at 524 speed.

So the goal is to survive long enough to kill opposite team one by one until there is only SLKR left. Then, you time your ultimate to kill him.

So it's a 2 phases battle : first surviving, then finish him.

1) Surviving

Your team should have enough survivability to avoid being OS by the first assault. Damage immunity has to proc. All members of my team have at least 120k health+prot. (Finn 180k, Holdo 210k). Your non-Rey members will probably not do anything significant.

Here are some moves that helped me during this phase :

Holdo and Finn are here to heal your team, and particulary Rey. Always use Holdo's heal on Rey, even if someone else will benefit more from the 20% health+prot. This poor soul won't survive anyway.

If RH Finn has a chance to play, pass the turn to Rey, not Poe. It will accelerate the Whirlwind Show.

Do not trigger Rey's damage immunity by yourself using Lifeblood. If you still haven't proc damage immunity by the end of the battle, Kylo won't kill you. Basic attack is sometimes the best way to go.

DO NOT use Rey's ultimate during this phase. It's very important. Don't worry for your girl, she's tough. She's a Skylwalker (sort of).

When you have a chance to attack, attack someone that you won't target with Whirlwind later on, if possible. Take advantage of the aoe damage from whirlwind to drop enemies without using « direct whirlwind » to arrive to phase 2 faster.

Your team will get its butt whiped so hard during this phase. Don't panic. Their sacrifice is your victory, Holdo-style.

2) Finish him !

When Kylo is alone, you still have a chance to mess things up. Time your ultimate so Kylo doesn' t have his when you land your blow. Then you lay the smackdown and one shot his face to the ground. As you didn't use your ultimate during the fight, it will be available when you need it.

It may takes some tries to get use to it, it's very low banners, it's messy, but it works. Against the teams I faced anyway.

If you have a chance to try it, let me know how it worked for you. After all, maybe I was just very lucky this week or maybe my opponents had bad teams. No sarcasm intended.

Replies

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Could you please post a video of a few battles? I don't doubt what you are saying but I'd imagine the "Buff Rey" contingent might.
  • Interesting on using an offense set. How many characters do you typically have left standing? Asking for GAC reasons because otherwise I'd have to resort to Chewie 5s cheese.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    ejsteven wrote: »
    Interesting on using an offense set. How many characters do you typically have left standing? Asking for GAC reasons because otherwise I'd have to resort to Chewie 5s cheese.

Quite often only Rey, it's very messy. Two more if it's a good day. Still more banners than 2 shots, but it's quite low. Cheese away if your roster management allows it ^^
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    What if Kylo charges ultimate very quickly? That's the most important thing, to survive when you are not ready for his ult
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Could you please post a video of a few battles? I don't doubt what you are saying but I'd imagine the "Buff Rey" contingent might.

I’ve posted 3 videos using this team to beat SLKR. I’ve even beat SLKR with all 5 of these toons standing a couple times.

Doesn’t change my #BuffRey stance in the slightest.
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »

I’ve posted 3 videos using this team to beat SLKR. I’ve even beat SLKR with all 5 of these toons standing a couple times.

Doesn’t change my #BuffRey stance in the slightest.

I am very sad to see how Kylo heals himself after ultimate and aoe but Rey can't do this.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    NataPda wrote: »
    What if Kylo charges ultimate very quickly? That's the most important thing, to survive when you are not ready for his ult
    If kylo goes berserk very quickly (it happened), it means some/most of your team is under damage immunity from the first wave of Terror.
  • I have an incredibly hard time against the teams with both hux and foo; I just want to use a rey lineup and right now I use rey, jkr, gas, jkl, +1. It’s only about 40-50% reliable. Ult slk is just so op compared to rey and it’s getting annoying.

• Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    I have an incredibly hard time against the teams with both hux and foo; I just want to use a rey lineup and right now I use rey, jkr, gas, jkl, +1. It’s only about 40-50% reliable. Ult slk is just so op compared to rey and it’s getting annoying.

Did you have a chance to try the strat above ? It may works for you. I faced this kind of teams, it's very, very messy, but it still works. Usually ^^
  • Starslayer was amazing and came on the channel to show off his team:

https://youtu.be/r6DPvOsy2bw
  • I beat ultimate kylo all the time with ult rey.
    Use jkr fast cd gas, kenobi l3, kylu goes and sets off reys whirlwind, do not use. Jkr turn mark sith trooper and kill first.
    Eventually kylo will ultimate, then you use your ultimate. Rey will get the chance to ultimate first, dont use it, just wait.
    Kylo ultimate runs out, you are clearing out the rest of team. Rey ultimate will kill kylo.
    I do have offence set on rey
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I beat ultimate kylo all the time with ult rey.
    Use jkr fast cd gas, kenobi l3, kylu goes and sets off reys whirlwind, do not use. Jkr turn mark sith trooper and kill first.
    Eventually kylo will ultimate, then you use your ultimate. Rey will get the chance to ultimate first, dont use it, just wait.
    Kylo ultimate runs out, you are clearing out the rest of team. Rey ultimate will kill kylo.

Alot of people can do that arena - the point of the above video is that for GAC or TW you don't have to use 3 or 4 other toons that are the backbone of other important teams.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Alot of people can do that arena - the point of the above video is that for GAC or TW you don't have to use 3 or 4 other toons that are the backbone of other important teams.

This ! (and it's also good for young accounts who chose the hard path and went for Rey without having wat and friends ;) ) That's why i'm currently trying to keep rh finn out of the equation. If i can save both rh for another res team, that would be golden. Unfortunetaly, even if it works, it's less reliable so far.
    Today i changed my modding to be slower than the kylos i face on my climb. 5 victories against 5 different teams. Too early to say if it's as consistent, but it seems so. Now I have to ask my shardmates to put some extra health on their kylos, as it seemed to be the issue for those who couldn't replicate the strat on their shard. Work still in progress i guess ;)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Starslayer wrote: »

This ! (and it's also good for young accounts who chose the hard path and went for Rey without having wat and friends ;) ) That's why i'm currently trying to keep rh finn out of the equation. If i can save both rh for another res team, that would be golden. Unfortunetaly, even if it works, it's less reliable so far.
    Today i changed my modding to be slower than the kylos i face on my climb. 5 victories against 5 different teams. Too early to say if it's as consistent, but it seems so. Now I have to ask my shardmates to put some extra health on their kylos, as it seemed to be the issue for those who couldn't replicate the strat on their shard. Work still in progress i guess ;)

I used it today - went 4 for 5 with it against each SLKR (some with Malak). My one loss was my first attempt. Even with Rey at 10k+ damage, she didn't one shot with her ultimate. I don't think I targeted SLKR enough with basics to knock off protection. I had one battle, against our resident whale who put in his all R7 SLKR team where I didn't one shot 1v1, but was lucky enough to have WW after my ultimate put him in the red.I think I need to mod out for a little more health/prot (everyone is 110k+ - but a couple just barely). I had 2 get knocked into red on my final battle against the whale. A little more offense, and I would have lost.

Great strat though! Thank you!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

I used it today - went 4 for 5 with it against each SLKR (some with Malak). My one loss was my first attempt. Even with Rey at 10k+ damage, she didn't one shot with her ultimate. I don't think I targeted SLKR enough with basics to knock off protection. I had one battle, against our resident whale who put in his all R7 SLKR team where I didn't one shot 1v1, but was lucky enough to have WW after my ultimate put him in the red.I think I need to mod out for a little more health/prot (everyone is 110k+ - but a couple just barely). I had 2 get knocked into red on my final battle against the whale. A little more offense, and I would have lost.

Great strat though! Thank you!

Glad that you liked it ! I found 120k+ to be a good target for durability. Don't be scared to change offense primaries on your support cast to prot (rose) or health (rh finn) primaries. You can even add extra durabily by forfeiting the speed arrow if you find your team too fragile.