Nute gunray any good?

With a scoundrel leader would he be any decent?

Replies

• TMK
    700 posts Member
    Never seen him being used therefore I think he doesn't have any usage at all.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    With Leia at lvl80
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    He IS the scoundrel leader... As is stands his leader ability gives turn meter on crit to everyone in the group. Whether that's intended or not remains to be seen but it makes for some interesting possibilities and some fun groups to try out
  • Smapty wrote: »
    He IS the scoundrel leader... As is stands his leader ability gives turn meter on crit to everyone in the group. Whether that's intended or not remains to be seen but it makes for some interesting possibilities and some fun groups to try out

Do u know how much damage he does with a crit?
  • d3tox
    71 posts Member
    Smapty wrote: »

Do u know how much damage he does with a crit?

4500. While that isn't all that impressive, it's the frequency of these crits that make him shine.
  • That thermal detonator is garbage. 3 turns to detonate?
  • With new meta paired with Lando could get interesting. I'm farming Nute and LC big time
  • I have him at 6* and he does good damage. dont think i am going to bring him up to 7 yet.
    He is fast but it is crucial he stealths first turn so when the ai uses him he sucks, because it uses the detonator first and then is vaulnerable to be picked off pretty easily.
    He is fun though i must say, been dreaming of a stealth team with two tanky characters also... with nute lead. Nute teebo dathcha savage fives? seems deadly maybe barris instead fives?
    what do you guys think
  • d3tox
    71 posts Member
    I have Nute maxed, and he's a fixture in my GW lineup, and I use him plenty on Arena. The detonater is a huge drawback, but I use him with a phasma lead and with poggle. When RNG is with me, he's a beast. He's totally vulnerable to qui-gon though, so its a liability on D, but on offense, he's crazy good.

I'm actually going to be 7*ing teebo tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful on his prospects quite yet. I think he's going to be more of niche guy...
  • @d3tox teebo is nice
  • Royce
    83 posts Member
    Blurryface wrote: »
    With new meta paired with Lando could get interesting. I'm farming Nute and LC big time

so you already know the secret huh. hehe! high five! =)
    In-game name: Royce. Ally code: 844-142-988
  • I'm thinking Nute, Poggle, Lando, Lumi and one other tbd
  • d3tox
    71 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Royce wrote: »
    Blurryface wrote: »
    With new meta paired with Lando could get interesting. I'm farming Nute and LC big time

so you already know the secret huh. hehe! high five! =)

+1. In lieu of having Lando maxed at the moment (halfway to 5*), I swapped him and phasma as my lead.
    Add in Poggle, Sid, and Ren. With all that AOE, and phasma able to kick in the 45% tm on Advantage, very very interesting.

I think Magma could shine in a build like this one too.
  • My new focus just might include Nute leadership (plus Leia & Lando), with some combination of Cad Bane, RG (very likely), Yoda (vs the everywhere-Dooku epidemic), or someone else who stands out at 80.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    It is tempting to try but I wouldn't count on Nute leadership working the way it is for long