Kit Reveal: Mon Mothma

Replies

• How does "cannot be targeted" interact with darth revan applying deathmark to the enemy leader? Can she then be targeted?

“Immune to taunt effects”- she can’t get deathmarked

I assumed the "immune to taunt effects" meant that she does not have to target an enemy with taunt/deathmark/direct focus, as that is the effect of taunt. Rather than a you said, she can't gain taunt type buffs/debuffs.

In the other kits with this language it has meant immune to any forced taunts on the character, so mark, deathmark, etc.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Seriously?
    I mean, granted, these forums have a reputation for negativity and moaning but this is a character we didn't even know about a few hours ago and people are already moaning that it doesn't do precisely what they want it to?
    Urgh.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Supermoshe wrote: »
    If lando gets the rebel fighter tag why don't Han and chewie?

I can’t even imagine the kind of crazy stuff mothma could do with them.

Therefore, please please please give it to them! Han lead so many Rebel ground assaults.
  • lol, assists with 90% reduced damage. Hey, let's not get too rowdy now.

Looks to me like a lead built specifically for quickly removing B1/B2 stacks for LGTB. But then what? The remaining units still have huge health pools ...

This isn’t just TB. These assists are freaking insane. Just wait.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I like her kit. I like the upgrade mechanic for summons.

Now just give us Admiral Piett with a similar kit and summonable Imperial Fleet Officer for the Empire and call it a day.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Supermoshe wrote: »
    If lando gets the rebel fighter tag why don't Han and chewie?

I can’t even imagine the kind of crazy stuff mothma could do with them.

Therefore, please please please give it to them! Han lead so many Rebel ground assaults.

I for one would certainly want them to have the rebel fighter tag but CG wouldn't do that because of "balance" issues. Other people and CG would say that if they got that tag it wouldn't be "balanced."
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    If you want to look for a "Lore" reason for the Rebel Fighter tag, you can look at it being applied to those who weren't in command positions.
    Sure, Lando eventually was but the Lando we have is the Cloud City Lando when he wasn't. All other Rebels, as far as I can see (with the exception or R2 and C-3PO), had some sort of leadership role at some point.

(Jyn Erso's leadership was never official, people just followed her.)

Looks to me like a lead built specifically for quickly removing B1/B2 stacks for LGTB. But then what? The remaining units still have huge health pools ...

Agreed, we will see for sure when it gets here, I will eagerly wait for that. On the surface though a 90% damage nerf seems excessive.

Agreed, we will see for sure when it gets here, I will eagerly wait for that. On the surface though a 90% damage nerf seems excessive.

What if there was a character who would essentially make all rebel basic attacks do 20% health damage 😉

What if there was a character who would essentially make all rebel basic attacks do 20% health damage 😉

Ok but you cannot put BOTH Mon Mothma and Jyn Erso in the lead slot, and Jyn lead also requires a Crit before landing the Expose!
    heh

Ok but you cannot put BOTH Mon Mothma and Jyn Erso in the lead slot, and Jyn lead also requires a Crit before landing the Expose!
    heh

Strike 1!
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    lol, assists with 90% reduced damage. Hey, let's not get too rowdy now.

heh

Strike 1!

C-3PO
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member

heh

Strike 1!

Would be hard to steal Goldenrod away from padme in lstb though - but may be worth it. Especially since that's two characters with passive basics in the squad.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • [quote="TaTaKaS;c-2146970"
    C-3PO[/quote]
    kalidor wrote: »
    Would be hard to steal Goldenrod away from padme in lstb though - but may be worth it. Especially since that's two characters with passive basics in the squad.

RESISTED
    RESISTED
    RESISTED

But maybe the Potency buff will be enough to make the difference.
  • The cooldowns seem a little long, no? I feel like the battle will end before you ever get a Commander.
  • kalidor wrote: »

RESISTED
    RESISTED
    RESISTED

If you mean the potency buff from Mon Mothma, it won't apply to C3PO.
  • Therion wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »

RESISTED
    RESISTED
    RESISTED

If you mean the potency buff from Mon Mothma, it won't apply to C3PO.

He’s not the one actually applying the exposes though, except on his turn. And yeah, I agree it might not be worth pulling him away. I think there are some other really good combos in there as well, both with and without C3PO.
  • ViyAdrenyl wrote: »
    The cooldowns seem a little long, no? I feel like the battle will end before you ever get a Commander.

For pvp definitely. Probably not for TB. I’m assuming it carries over between waves?
  • Where is her leader tag?
  • This makes me curious as to whether those who get the rebel fighter tag will get some sort of passive bonuses when they’re on a team together like the imperial troopers some time later?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited July 2020

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if Mon Mothma is in the Leader slot, she and all Rebel Fighter allies gain 8% of their combined base Max Health, Max Protection, Offense, Defense, Potency, and Tenacity.

I think with the COMBINED offense it really makes a difference

So you add up Biggs, Wedge, Chirriut and everyone's damage after mods, take 8% of that and spread it to every toon in the team and it can make them hit very hard

But looking at the swgoh.gg for each of those 3 characters, you really need a couple of relic levels on each of them to get a significant increase in damage
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I think with the COMBINED offense it really makes a difference

So you add up Biggs, Wedge, Chirriut and everyone's damage after mods, take 8% of that and spread it to every toon in the team and it can make them hit very hard

But looking at the swgoh.gg for each of those 3 characters, you really need a couple of relic levels on each of them to get a significant increase in damage
    I wonder what Mon Mothma's base offense will be like. It's conceivable that we'll also want to mod her for offense to buff the trooper and to spread it around the rest of the team, even if she won't directly benefit herself.

• ViyAdrenyl wrote: »
    The cooldowns seem a little long, no? I feel like the battle will end before you ever get a Commander.

For pvp definitely. Probably not for TB. I’m assuming it carries over between waves?

I hope they do. They don't say that the cooldowns reset. So it'll be fun for, say, galactic war or TB.
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    edited July 2020

The way it reads, it sounds like the whole team will assist every turn, the way Geos do. So that will add up quick. And it's reduced to 45% penalty if you use a non-damage ability.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• E3P0
    109 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »

I agree but why no Phoenix or Ahsoka Fulcrum or Chewie or 3Pac

Yeah it would make sense for Phoenix to get the tag. And it wouldn't in any way be game breaking, as if you're using Mon Mothma lead you're necessarily giving up all the synergy of using Phoenix under Hera.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Her character is nice but this new tag is a mess.

Why Lando Calrissian who only joined the rebel alliance by the ending of Ep.V but not Cap. Solo?
    Also half the Rogue team that only joined the rebellion for one mission get the tag but Phoenix who were fighting for years for the rebels don't?

Jesus CG fix your accursed TAGs! :s
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Disregard
  • Second use for jawas!
  • So If Scarif Rebel Pathfinder gets changed at 100% chance for 15% TM, is there any particular reason why Hoth Rebel Scout doesn't get changed at 40% chance for 25% TM to all allies? Is an expected value of 10% just low enough to be acceptable, even though some percentage of the time he combos off and gives you the infinite turn meter engine?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Well, she is the commander of the weakest rebels. She would be cool, if not command the worst toons in game :/