Kit Reveal: Mon Mothma

Replies

• Starslayer
    2408 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    lol, assists with 90% reduced damage. Hey, let's not get too rowdy now.

Looks to me like a lead built specifically for quickly removing B1/B2 stacks for LGTB. But then what? The remaining units still have huge health pools ...
    FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if Mon Mothma is in the Leader slot, she and all Rebel Fighter allies gain 8% of their combined base Max Health, Max Protection, Offense, Defense, Potency, and Tenacity.

I think with the COMBINED offense it really makes a difference

So you add up Biggs, Wedge, Chirriut and everyone's damage after mods, take 8% of that and spread it to every toon in the team and it can make them hit very hard

But looking at the swgoh.gg for each of those 3 characters, you really need a couple of relic levels on each of them to get a significant increase in damage

I doubt these assists reduced by 90% will deal significant damage anyway, but that's not their point. 90% réduction won't prevent mon to dispell buffs and heal everyone each Time someone in her team do something. And when she plays, the 45% réduction will allow some significant damage. Not sure to understand fully the ability though : will everyone assist when a rebel fighter will play (considering full RF squad) or just Mon ?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Rebel leader, who do not lead rebels, well, just not all of them. But she is a leader... Okeeeeey...
    What’s with the tags recently?
  • I feel like that lead's guaranteed assist call per turn was made specifically so Pao can be fit into this. Not that I am complaining, My boy Fishface finally gets a home.
  • Mastersbgames
    222 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Lio wrote: »
    Come on. Please give the empire some love now... an imperial trooper rework or something...

That aside, this does look fun. A possible Darth reven counter as well

Possible DR counter? What makes you say that?
    No doubt that, if she is in the lead, the death mark part of DR is just negated. With the damage that they might be able to put out, they might have the capability to take out DR
    That, plus the dispels on basic, and some survivability from rally

• Lio wrote: »
    Come on. Please give the empire some love now... an imperial trooper rework or something...

That aside, this does look fun. A possible Darth reven counter as well

Possible DR counter? What makes you say that?
    No doubt that, if she is in the lead, the death mark part of DR is just negated. With the damage that they might be able to put out, they might have the capability to take out DR
    That, plus the dispels on basic, and some survivability from rally

It would also mean DR can’t target the leader for an AOE fear. Getting past Darth Malak is going to be the hard part though.
  • YES! I love the idea of adding more passive characters to the game. Especially senators. I have been saying this from day one, add a senator tag and add all the senators we like!!! Chancellor Palpatine would be the best addition...
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Second use for jawas!

Have to have a first before there's a second. Just ask @SnakesOnAPlane .
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    2408 posts Member
    Mon being the first character you can't target, i wonder if baby yoda will be the second one. I guess the community will help searching for unintended interactions ;)
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Who will have the Rebel Fighter tag?
    Baze Malbus
    Biggs Darklighter
    Bistan
    Bodhi Rook
    Cara Dune
    Cassian Andor
    Chirrut Îmwe
    Hoth Rebel Scout
    Hoth Rebel Soldier
    Jyn Erso
    K-2SO
    Lando Calrissian
    Pao
    Scarif Rebel Pathfinder
    Wedge Antilles

Many Bothans died getting us this information. Admiral Ackbar, please...
  • Therion
    81 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb can you explain the reduced damage penalty?

If an assist doesn't cause damage how is the penalty reduced? Is it on the next assist or is damage applied anyway after an evade/foresight just with a lower penalty?

Or is some trickery with a Ackbar?
    If the original ability deals no damage, then the assists have a reduced damage penalty.
  • Phoenixeon
    1840 posts Member
    m7h1c9bm9bux.jpg
    yuzx6cs50cfs.jpg

W I N
  • Therion wrote: »

If an assist doesn't cause damage how is the penalty reduced? Is it on the next assist or is damage applied anyway after an evade/foresight just with a lower penalty?

If the original ability deals no damage, then the assists have a reduced damage penalty.

Ah so if the assist is on Mon's basic then the assist is at a 45% penalty. Got it.

Thanks

Yeah any rebel fighter that uses a non damaging ability , my heals or taunts buff ups stuff like that will.trigger the 45% to drop in too I believe.
  • with all the rebel love would be nice to see a rework for Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum!!
  • 50BC
    101 posts Member
    I'd have thought one of the main design purposes of all the multi-assists was to overcome Pao's excessive cooldowns. So he can just keep alternating on his specials on his turn.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Therion wrote: »

Ah so if the assist is on Mon's basic then the assist is at a 45% penalty. Got it.

Thanks

Yeah any rebel fighter that uses a non damaging ability , my heals or taunts buff ups stuff like that will.trigger the 45% to drop in too I believe.

Pretty much most of the rogue one characters have at least one non-damaging move, Cassian, Bodhi, bistan, pao, and chirrut all have non-damaging attacks as well as Hoth rebel soldier.
  • No one's mentioned her passive that increases her speed. We're looking as her base speed + speed gained from gear + mods with 10 speed minimum + 30 speed from triangle + 8 speed from max slice mods + 50 from the zeta. Since I can't really answer what those first two will be, I can tell you those last three will give her 138 speed. That's not even factoring the increase to speed from a speed set either.
    I don't know, you all. I think she's going to be a decent lead for characters that no one really uses.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    No one's mentioned her passive that increases her speed. We're looking as her base speed + speed gained from gear + mods with 10 speed minimum + 30 speed from triangle + 8 speed from max slice mods + 50 from the zeta. Since I can't really answer what those first two will be, I can tell you those last three will give her 138 speed. That's not even factoring the increase to speed from a speed set either.
    I don't know, you all. I think she's going to be a decent lead for characters that no one really uses.

Holdo also gets +50 speed. It sounds great on paper but without knowing her actual base speed at g13 - it’s moot to discuss
  • Ultra wrote: »
    No one's mentioned her passive that increases her speed. We're looking as her base speed + speed gained from gear + mods with 10 speed minimum + 30 speed from triangle + 8 speed from max slice mods + 50 from the zeta. Since I can't really answer what those first two will be, I can tell you those last three will give her 138 speed. That's not even factoring the increase to speed from a speed set either.

Holdo also gets +50 speed. It sounds great on paper but without knowing her actual base speed at g13 - it’s moot to discuss

Big facts, though. She could start off with 60 at g1 and only see 100 at g13. There's no way of knowing until she releases.
    Personally, I think she'll be an alright addition. Once people figure out the optimal team for her, she'll be a little better. For me, Mon Mothma means finally have a place to put Bistan, Bodhi, Pao, and either of the Hoth Rebels.
  • I think the real plan for her is to use rebel fighters and try to use abilities that don't damage to call in 3/4 other assists that do 55% damage after they all had the damage increased by the 8% per Rebel Fighter/Mon Mothma, or try to attack a character with foresight. Initial attack does zero damage but the attacks afterwards could hit big when combined. Considering Mon Mothma deals no damage, the assisting characters could hit really hard in the end every time it's her turn even without the Rebel Trooper assisting.
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    I think the real plan for her is to use rebel fighters and try to use abilities that don't damage to call in 3/4 other assists that do 55% damage after they all had the damage increased by the 8% per Rebel Fighter/Mon Mothma, or try to attack a character with foresight. Initial attack does zero damage but the attacks afterwards could hit big when combined. Considering Mon Mothma deals no damage, the assisting characters could hit really hard in the end every time it's her turn even without the Rebel Trooper assisting.

Yeah, based on that it leaves me thinking Mon Mothma needs offense and health mods with speed secondaries, and everyone else modded for health and CC.
  • What are the event requirements?
  • UdalCuain
    4991 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    What are the event requirements?

Player level 60. That's the only requirement for marquee events.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    What are the event requirements?

playing the marquee event
  • Ft10
    2 posts Member
    BTW, Dart Vader still triggers bonus turns of other characters. So, it's not fixed as was mentioned. See here:
    https://youtu.be/5Z0AuFBirgU?t=33
  • Ft10 wrote: »
    BTW, Dart Vader still triggers bonus turns of other characters. So, it's not fixed as was mentioned. See here:

That’s working correctly. JKA is gaining a bonus turn because of someone else falling below 50% health, not because of Darth Vader gaining a bonus turn.

“Darth Vader's bonus turns do not trigger other characters' effects based on bonus turns or Turn Meter gain.”

The only character gaining a bonus turn “based on bonus turns or TM gain” in that video is Padme, but that happens because of Anakin’s turn, not Vader’s.

I’m guessing that part of Vader’s kit is designed for a future character or something that never made it into the game, because it appears useless at the moment.
  • Ft10 wrote: »

That’s working correctly. JKA is gaining a bonus turn because of someone else falling below 50% health, not because of Darth Vader gaining a bonus turn.

“Darth Vader's bonus turns do not trigger other characters' effects based on bonus turns or Turn Meter gain.”

The only character gaining a bonus turn “based on bonus turns or TM gain” in that video is Padme, but that happens because of Anakin’s turn, not Vader’s.

I’m guessing that part of Vader’s kit is designed for a future character or something that never made it into the game, because it appears useless at the moment.

Jedi Knight Luke seems low on zetas ...
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    I'm thinking that ChewPio will work well with her - he's not a rebel fighter, but he IS a rebel so he gets the bonuses, and he has his own unique that assists rebels, and he passes around a MASSIVE amount of stats onto of the stat gain you get from MoM...