Best way to spend crystals on a 170ish daily income

So my dilemma is simple. As a free to play gamer my daily crystal income by 6pm is roughly 170 or so from daily activities and squad arena rewards. My issue is that I've been trying to wean off of buying shards and blueprints from shipments as I've seen that it is just too expensive to buy them as it is to just refresh and farm the hard way. My concern is how should i go about spending my crystals to ensure i can 7 star toons and ships are efficiently?

Replies

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Limit yourself to a small number of farms. Maybe two characters and a ship. Refresh the node as and when you feel you can afford it.
  • I used to be in your boat. You can refresh a hard mode once for 25 crystals, that’ll give you 10 sims total for 1 toon. Or farm 2 toons total.

Since you’re probably not refreshing arena attempts, you can refresh normal energy for 50 and then farm gear with it, too. So you’re looking at spending 75 crystals per day and still having about 100 left over to save for whatever.

If you’re farming toons from cantina, one refresh is 100 crystals, so you’d have about 70 left over to save.

That’s how I did things for a long time until my fleet started maintaining top 5 and my arena maintained top 50. It works fairly well given the limited crystal income, and still gives you an ok amount to save for a rainy day.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    3x 50pt energy refreshes per day, split however you want between LS/DS/fleet.

1x 25pt node refresh every 4 out of 5 days, to speed up the character/ship farm of your choice.

Crystals from any other source can be spent on additional 50pt energy refreshes or banked for buying gear shards from shipments but not for buying character shards.
  • Snowbird13
    460 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    How long have you been playing, and what are your ships like? Fleet arena is easier to get crystals than squad. Most people ignore ships. I got to number 1 in fleet within a month of level 85. But invest those crystals in energy refreshes imo.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    How long have you been playing, and what are your ships like? Fleet arena is easier to get crystals than squad. Most people ignore ships. I got to number 1 in fleet within a month of level 85. But invest those crystals in energy refreshes imo.

That's very dependant on how hard the shard is. I couldn't climb until I got Negotiator going.
  • Potato211 wrote: »
    Snowbird13 wrote: »

That's very dependant on how hard the shard is. I couldn't climb until I got Negotiator going.

That's why asked about how long he's been playing. If he's a newer player, then it may not be hard. I think dailies are worth 70 crystals. Which mean 100 from squad. So if you're top top 100 in squad , I would wonder where the ships are at.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Potato211 wrote: »
    Snowbird13 wrote: »

That's why asked about how long he's been playing. If he's a newer player, then it may not be hard. I think dailies are worth 70 crystals. Which mean 100 from squad. So if you're top top 100 in squad , I would wonder where the ships are at.

Dailies are 90 crystals, 65 for the dailies and then 25 for GW completion. Then plus the bonus box crystals at level 85. If he’s not completing GW, he has to be in the top 100 for squad arena. If he is, he’s Top 200.

...not that any of that matters, I guess. Lol.
  • I've been playing for about 3+ years. My rank in squad arena is stable around the 10th place(?) range with 600 arena tokens and I think 60 or 70 crystals I usually fall around the lower 200 ranks. Fleet is another story. I just managed to complete all hard mode battles with little difficulty since i used mostly ackbar and geonosian ships. My fleet rank is poor being in the dead last rank with 800 fleet tokens because I never bothered to farm for the better ships mostly anything newer like separatist fleet or kenobi ship. Older ships like vader, kru, and all but ig 2000 in the bounty hunter ships are 7 star with pilots at gear 12 or 13 and relic'd.
  • Never mind my earlier comments. Thought you were a newer player