Assault Challenge 3 rewards same as C2?

Beeblebrox
424 posts Member
edited July 2020
So, we get a new, much harder Assault Battle Challenge Tier 3 that recommends and looks to need Relic-7 chars...but the rewards for it are exactly the same as the already much-maligned C2 rewards?! Seriously CG, do you not have any concept of how crappy that is? Total obliviousness yet again!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    So, we get a new, much harder Assault Battle Challenge Tier 3 that recommends and looks to need Relic-7 chars...but the rewards for it are exactly the same as the already much-maligned C2 rewards?! Seriously CG, do you not have any concept of how crappy that is? Total obliviousness yet again!

If anyone passes that challenge they deserve 1000 each of the relic rewards. They must have no common sense...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Well, on the other hand, the few whales able to complete it at least won't get that far ahead. All in all, it's just a waste of development time.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Yep that's 10 minutes the development team will never get back.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I cant beat challenge 2,so i woudnt know,but rly same rewards?Thats a slap in the face for ppl that maxed their teams and are able to finish tier 3,wow,i got no words.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    In one video i saw from T3, Jango got a turn. But Chirrut run 8 times, before Jango got that turn. Lets say that jango is slow 250 speed. Even then it would mean that these characters has over 2000 speed.
  • TVF wrote: »

10 minutes for them but it might be 7 weeks of resource investment for the game...

• Azza
    245 posts Member
    Man can’t wait for galactic challenges! Hope they are going to be that fun!

Open battle, watch ai play 10 minutes in a row, get a screen saying DEFEAT, go back to simming!
  • You can play them all though. So someone who can complete tier 3 gets more rewards then someone who can complete “only” T2. Just like the original rewards for all 3 tiers are exactly the same.
  • ShawDou wrote: »
    In one video i saw from T3, Jango got a turn. But Chirrut run 8 times, before Jango got that turn. Lets say that jango is slow 250 speed. Even then it would mean that these characters has over 2000 speed.

Yeah when I tried C3 the AI toons took a total of 49 turns detroying my entire squad before any of my toons got a chance to take a single turn at all...!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

10 minutes for them but it might be 7 weeks of resource investment for the game...

What?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Nauros wrote: »
    Well, on the other hand, the few whales able to complete it at least won't get that far ahead. All in all, it's just a waste of development time.

@Nauros xqrf2cj09zch.jpg

Guess I need to whale harder.. it was nice to see that even at R7 and all 6e Mods I moved once and still had 3 BH standing (the event did point out I had some upgrade so I can still "git gud"). they were in the red, but they were standing. The really disappointing part was I thought CG was going to upgrade the platform and do great things, instead we get new characters and a new level of an existing battle that is beyond extreme for awful rewards. It's almost like LSTB had a child, and then called them Tier 3 Assault battles.

Great job helping my already diminished morale @CG_SBCrumb .
  • yankeeh8er
    604 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Someone in my guild is obsessed with bounty hunters and has them all r7 and he said he couldn't do anything on tier 3 either. I dont understand releasing all this future content before giving us the tools to beat it. Feels like this did this all backwards.
  • My 338 speed Bossk got a total of zero turns under his lead, Jango or Mando
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I dont understand releasing all this future content before giving us the tools to beat it. Feels like this did this all backwards.

LS Geo TB says hello.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Devs be like:
    tenor.gif?itemid=12913156
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    LS Geo TB says hello.

Devs: WAI
  • If they are going to make it this hard, then they should at least have Zetas as rewards.
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    Funny how every time something can’t be destroyed by speed modded toons people get upset. Events where the enemy gets tons of turns before you go is nothing new - it’s a hint you’ll have to mod for survivability.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »

The first three levels of all of them are the same despite the increasing difficulty of each tier.

Having a second iteration of the same rewards means that you get double the rewards that people who can't do that tier. That's the point.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    ShawDou wrote: »

Did you see Chirrut move to that lever in Rogue one? Super fast!
  • ShawDou wrote: »

This is a huge exaggeration.

Chirrut assists Baze, so some of his 8 moves will come from that. There are also mechanics in there from SRP that grants speed up and TM to allied and from Bodhi that removes TM from you whilst granting it to his team.

I’m sure his speed is ridiculously high, but there’s no way it’s 2000. Or even 1000.