Malevolence with low gear

Amadeuswhite11
73 posts Member
edited July 2020
So I am hopefully going to unlock Malevolence after TB next week. The problem is though, I only have Grievous at gear 8. I don’t have zetas on him yet, but I have two saved up that I’ll probably use on him. My question is how much will that affect me in fleet arena if Grievous is at a low gear? How does gear affect capital ships?

Also, Just to let you know how my separatist fleet will be, I have all the Geonosian ships at g10-11 7* and I have vulture droid and Hyena bomber at 5*. I have more work to do I know. I am working on Padme now but then separatists are my next focus. That’s where I’m at right now though.

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Speed, since damage from his 1 and 3 are not important, you will probably have a 7* negotiator run circles around you and win most of the times

he's unlocking mal, you think there are a bunch of 7* negs he's facing?

OP, what are you using now, tarking bugs or?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Speed, since damage from his 1 and 3 are not important, you will probably have a 7* negotiator run circles around you and win most of the times

OP, what are you using now, tarkin bugs or?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Yeah.... just because he is unlocking malevolence doesn't mean the rest of the shard have just unlocked their negotiator, most people in my guild are just 20 shards away from having both Mal and negotiator,

I just looked at my shard leaderboard and pretty much the top 20 are Negotiator and Malevolence. Probably more than half are 7*.

Gifafi wrote: »
    OP, what are you using now, tarking bugs or?

Yes right now I am using Tarkin with HT and bugs.
  • Speed, since damage from his 1 and 3 are not important, you will probably have a 7* negotiator run circles around you and win most of the times

So does that mean Grievous’ gear only makes his 1 and 3 attacks stronger and gives him more speed and that’s it? It doesn’t affect anything else?

• Doesn’t summoned buzz droids scale with Mal overall power? Ie upgrading GG will also increase damage from summoned droids which are the primary damage dealers?

Otherwise agree with most of above.
    Most important crew to upgrade imo is sun fac. I have him at R4 and GG/Mal, Hyena, Vulture maxed which means that in most matches against nego I don’t call any reinforcements. It’s simply faster and easier not to.