2 Years In, Compared to 1, What That Means

nabokovfan
535 posts Member
edited July 2020
For those who wish to see the full 1 year post, here is a link: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205527/1-year-in-what-that-means

I think the best way to start this is to clearly show the status of how the game itself has changed, and to also show how (and why) my roster has changed in certain aspects. The items in green are the year 2 changes.

GP: 2,090,337 (4,531,545)
Character GP: 1,175,684 (2,511,068)
Ship GP: 914,653 (2,020,477)
Legendary/Journey Characters Unlocked: Thrawn, EP, GMY, BB8, R2D2, JKR, CLS, Chimaera (DRevan, Malak, Padme, C3PO, Chewbacca, Millennium Falcon, JTR)
Galactic Legends Unlocked: N/A (Supreme Leader Kylo)

Arena Rank: 187 (20)
Ship Arena Rank: 81 (1)

Characters: 142 (181)
Ships: 37 (48)
7s Capital Ships: None (5)
6s Capital Ships: 4 (1)
7s Ships: 14 (30)
6s Ships: 6 (4)
7s Characters: 69 (136)
G10 Characters: 6 (15)
G11 Characters: 4 (12)
G12 Characters: 8 (14)
G13 Characters: N/A (25)

Zetas: 13 (56)
10+ Speed Mods: 64 (223)
20+ Speed Mods: 3 (10)
100+ Offense Mods: 10 (27)
6* Mods: 20 (85)

Relics
Tier 1: 0
Tier 2: 1
Tier 3: 9
Tier 4: 2
Tier 5: 8
Tier 6: 1
Tier 7: 4

One of the big changes in the game is Gear 13/Relics and the journey guide. Basically what this means is not only the way we unlock some things has changed, but the requirements needed are also much steeper. While the last time I was posting this we didn't know what GLs are, we do now, and while previously all events have always used the characters (or ships) required, this isn't the case anymore. The other big change this leads to is the inflation of GP. If a character is farmed for relics particularly, their impact for upgrading gear and eventually those relics greatly impacts the Total GP because of the ship. While this is a basic thing to understand, it is important because an account 1 year ago that is at 4mil is very, very different than one we see now. While I do have some characters at high gear, and I do have some maxed out, I still have very few which are above gear 8-9 on light side.

As we were directed by the Q&As for a raid which included ships, I had focused heavily on farming my fleet up and specifically trying to farm the new units. Even having a maxed out malevolence isn't fully useful because of restrictions in TB, but the improved fleet rewards has definitely been very helpful when it comes to farming gear.

As far as general comments, I still agree with my original post about upping the energy gained through the day. We have far too many farms which slow progress and given how units are being designed for very low viability unless at maxed gear, there really is a need for quicker gear farms. While we all would love to farm 8 attempts at a time, I think upping that number to 6 makes sense, as well as increasing the energy we get throughout the day. The energy we receive could very well be doubled and it would not drastically hurt the game in terms of balance.

One of the big things I will recommend is for more clarity when it comes to communication. As I mentioned above I spent a lot of time farming based on details in answers of the Q&A posts, but when you really think about it that is one of, if not the only real tool we have to ask and communicate with the development team. We spend a lot of time and energy with members of the community guessing at what is next or what could be next. While more communication could lead to more details that change in the end, I think the bottom line of this comment is really about the thoughtfulness of responses and to clearly specify why or "how confident" someone is when answering one of the questions in that forum. Things like relics being required when stated that all of the characters would not require them, and then later not all of those characters or ships would actually be needed for the event speaks to how drastic things change when they are in such flux. I am not trying to bring this up as a negative, but just to explain the what is said really matters and is something we use to make our gameplay decisions.

Lastly, I think it is only fair to elaborate that through this year of gameplay I have spent a minimal amount of money. I bought shards to finish DRevan farm, Malak Gear, Hux's ship, SLK gear, Hyperdrive Bundle. The reason for this is purely to make my life easier and to greatly cut down on what extremely long farms could really slow progress. I am never going to be a heavy spender, but I definitely felt like after years of playing the game that a small purchase was not a bad thing and it was a thank you of sorts to those on the development team. Admittedly a lot of these purchases were definitely out of frustration and I can say that some of them were definitely due to a lack of patience or some of the other addictive tendency triggers that are often used as a means to get players to purchase in games of this type.

One of the big things I will say is that mods themselves make this game extremely interesting in terms of events, new characters synergies, and it does give players a lot of different opportunities to tweak and fine tune aspects of a characters kit. That being said, I have spent months trying to farm a speed mod or a certain mod with a certain primary and a decent speed secondary. One of these examples is a Health primary, Health mod, cross shape, with at least 15 speed or at least the right secondaries that I have been needing. I have come close 1 or 2 times, but it's been a mod I have focused on farming since February of this year. After all of that time of farming,event rewards, shop purchases, I have 3 mods that fit the set/type and one that is 10+ speed. Yes, I check the shops, and yes I do use energy sometimes to give myself more attempts at mods, but I really think this needs to be clearly researched more and new data pulled for tracking mod drops. This is something I will be trying to make time for to pursue personally.
Post edited by nabokovfan on

Replies

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    I would need a tl;dr summary to peak my interest enough to actually read this tbh
  • Options
    I added colors to help. @Lysandrax
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, i like colours.
    I'd have liked a tl;dr more however
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    tl;dr: OP has made amazing progress in just one year. CG has made it much easier for new(er) players to progress than in the old days

tbh I'm kinda shocked at how far you've come OP. I mean, the hyperdrive bundle obv helped a lot, but still. nice work
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    tl;dr: OP has made amazing progress in just one year. CG has made it much easier for new(er) players to progress than in the old days

tbh I'm kinda shocked at how far you've come OP. I mean, the hyperdrive bundle obv helped a lot, but still. nice work

The hyperdrive bundle was basically there to give me gear and energy, not much else. That gear 8-10 farm still hits me hard but having to farm a GL has definitely set a standard for "how to farm" which is something I will use from now on. While patience is entirely a large part of the game, it's really not much else when it comes to farming these new "types" of events. The reason I went for SLK is basically just because he's the one I wanted and because I had been working on FO since day 1. Right time and place for sure.

One of the Q&As or news releases actually mentioned how in February they release a key dark side character and the tease was for something based on episode 9. I had been focusing on my FO fleet (only needed 1 ship) and then I was thrown for a loop when hux requirements came out. I farmed Sith Trooper and Hux when they came out, then just had to add palp and vet han. Thankfully I had fit in Farming for JTR or I wouldn't even have been close.