Seriously, on TB ships...

WhoDat
35 posts Member
When are we going to make whatever power creep update so that ship nodes are reasonable???

No player movement before r5 sun fac AND r5 double zeta kylo destroyed...

After the server generates whatever for rng, it’s over, no point in having these ship battles still broken almost a year after geo began

Replies

  • Except it's not.......... my guild mates do the battle with hyena gear 12 sun fac, vulture and drop in spy and soldier as reinforcement and win that fleet battle
  • WhoDat
    35 posts Member
    I’ve beat it repeatedly with g12 ships, that’s not what matters, if rng says you lose, it’s over you lose, nothing more you can do about it
  • Waqui
    7506 posts Member
    Against Negotiator or Endurance?
  • WhoDat
    35 posts Member
    Endurance will sometimes nuke something to start, but if you have HT there, you’re fine...

    Negotiator doesn’t care what you have in, his fleet is just going to kill off whatever it decided to and then he will daze whatever crippled ship or ships you have left, you can’t run 3 tanks to start, you can’t combo attack or do anything to spin out to tm recover, no ebon hawk/plo koon/cassians to call in and cleanse/recover, it was over before you started playing the battle, no strategy just rng.... if the battle starts without super mega crush and destroy, your ships and how you use them matters, but dead/dazed/uncleansable ships before you move is unreasonable

    The point is the whole strategy is: get better rng

    If you could replay like a legendary event, no problem, run and rerun for better rng, but you can’t so it’s just not cool
  • Waqui
    7506 posts Member
    @Waqui

    That's kinda the point, isn't it? If the battle is won or lost before the beginning with a flip of the Capital Ship coin, then RNG is ruling the day to an extent that simply isn't any fun.

    Now it's true that both are beatable if you have the right ships and enough gear on the pilots, but Nego is soooooo much harder to beat that there are a lot of people who can beat Endurance every time or nearly every time who consistently lose to Negotiator.

    We didn't know whether OP's issue was a Nego vs. Endurance issue. Hence my question (and now we know).

    It's no different than the randomness in which "bosses" you encounter in squad combat missions or special missions. Shaak Ti in wave 3 of the SM in phase 1 tends to make it harder but certainly not unbeatable. Some "bosses" in combat missions have kits that counter certain of teams that are strong in other situations.

    I personally don't mind the RNG. I Iike the challenge. Also I personally like to run Hyena Bomber along with Sun Fac to take a bit of heat away from SF (which may work for OP as well).
  • Waqui
    7506 posts Member
    @WhoDat

    My experience with those CMs are different than yours. Negotiator doesn't completely crush my HT + Chimaera team. I'm happy with its win rate against Negotiator as well. I'm not sure what your problem is. What team do you use? Do you use Chimaera's buff to put defense up on your HT?

    I don't know if I've found your profile on swgoh.gg but neither of the 3 called WhoDat which I checked had Hyena Bomber available. Using Hyena Bomber along with SF helps taking some of the heat away from SF.

    As you see there's more to strategy in those CMs than just RNG.
  • What would be really nice is the freedom to use ANY dark side capital ship in either of the two ship missions during phase 2.
  • WhoDat
    35 posts Member
    Thanks for taking the time to make suggestions....
    Admittedly, I could farm up the hyena !!
    The frustration is that I was routinely winning with g12 geos...
    After thinking about it some more... I bet when spy was R5, and sun fac was g12, spy had higher health/protection... the defense in his ship was probably enough to swing the difference... now with sun fac @r5, spy and soldier are lower hp, get targeted and blown away, if sun fac had a pre taunt it would probably be fine, but he doesn’t, his auto taunt doesn’t cut it in tb, too much damage from that initial turn before his taunt kicks in, hyena is almost certainly the answer !

    Again, I appreciate your feedback
  • Gifafi
    4695 posts Member
    Did you fill platoons?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Did you fill platoons?
    ... for P2 Geo ship battle? Makes a difference... how?

  • WhoDat wrote: »
    Endurance will sometimes nuke something to start, but if you have HT there, you’re fine...

    Negotiator doesn’t care what you have in, his fleet is just going to kill off whatever it decided to and then he will daze whatever crippled ship or ships you have left, you can’t run 3 tanks to start, you can’t combo attack or do anything to spin out to tm recover, no ebon hawk/plo koon/cassians to call in and cleanse/recover, it was over before you started playing the battle, no strategy just rng.... if the battle starts without super mega crush and destroy, your ships and how you use them matters, but dead/dazed/uncleansable ships before you move is unreasonable

    The point is the whole strategy is: get better rng

    If you could replay like a legendary event, no problem, run and rerun for better rng, but you can’t so it’s just not cool

    Gauntlet waves hello...
  • The only change that needs to happen is to remove the mandatory executrix and chimaera in phase 2. If we have malevolence, let us use it.
  • TVF
    24202 posts Member
    The only change that needs to happen is to remove the mandatory executrix and chimaera in phase 2. If we have malevolence, let us use it.

    Best chance of that is if we can somehow convince SLKR to pilot it.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    4695 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Did you fill platoons?
    ... for P2 Geo ship battle? Makes a difference... how?

    my bad, misread
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • NicWester
    7341 posts Member
    Didn't they standardize CMs so that they're randomized each TB, but each player in the guild has the same CM? So if you go into the fleet battle and see Negotiator, everyone is seeing Negotiator, right? Why not communicate with one another so that you can tailor your starting 3 and reinforcements?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    24202 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Didn't they standardize CMs so that they're randomized each TB, but each player in the guild has the same CM? So if you go into the fleet battle and see Negotiator, everyone is seeing Negotiator, right? Why not communicate with one another so that you can tailor your starting 3 and reinforcements?

    I don't think so.....
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    3338 posts Member
    If you think DS Geo fleet battles are fun, wait until you try LS Geo. :D

    DS Geo fleet battles are all winnable, without platoons, event buffs or even relics.

    But there are two risks:
    * Negotiator is markedly more dangerous than Endurance
    * Umbaran is a threat, particularly to Hounds Tooth, as it can inflict defense down
  • yankeeh8er
    316 posts Member
    edited August 4
    P4 fleet combat today I got negotiator but without any attackers. It was weird their were 3 of sarges ship, plo, and jedi counselor. p6m33vybcyl8.jpg

    Beat it without losing any ships since they couldn't do enough damage to punch through my ht. I had never seen negotiator without ani's ship before.
  • Yeah, I got Nego with Umbaran, Plo, & JC.

    I also won handily, though they got at least one reinforcement out. (I think it was only one but honestly I wasn't trying too hard to memorize what happened.) I was also surprised not to see Anakin on the field and was surprised at how easy it all was when he's not there.
  • Larx
    134 posts Member
    Same here.
    No Problems with Executrix + Geos & HT
  • Malevolence makes short work of p4 ship mission hyena bomber vulture droid and sun fac. Didn't even have to call anyone off the bench. Absolutely love the malevolence.
Sign In or Register to comment.