Visas Marr- make her an "Old Republic" character

Machinist
192 posts Member
edited August 2020
Visas Marr is pretty useless without synergy. "Healer, Light Side".

Keep in mind that Visas Marr did leave Nihilus and the sith, but she never became a jedi. She simply joined the characters team. So she's neither jedi nor sith. However, she is an "Old Republic" character.

Slap an "Old Republic" tag on her, mates.

Replies

• Please do CG! Would have her and the team way better
  • Or give her synergy with darth nihuilus considering he was her master?
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Or give her synergy with darth nihuilus considering he was her master?

That's not a bad idea either. Right now Nihilus is pretty weak in comparison to the newer characters, synergy with Visas Marr would give him a neat kick.

The thing is though, if you wanna follow the story line, which CG seem to want to do, you need to make her part of the "Old Republic" team cuz she joins the crew in the game.
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Rexollboy wrote: »
    Please do CG! Would have her and the team way better

I love her as a character and she is relatively useful, but shes kind of "the 3rd wheel". Just "Healer" and "Light Side" tags.
    Post edited by Machinist on
  • She also needs her unique updated to say she counter attacks even if she has debuffs, as so many characters give debuffs her unique is pretty useless
  • Another option could be to synergize those unaligned toons like Visa, Fulcrum, and make them form an unexpected squad...

I know... it wouldn’t be aligned with lore. I just like the idea of some mix and match squads...

Otherwise an old rep tag on visa sounds great !
  • Even if they did it the community would hype itself beyond belief over new OR reworks and toons.
    People then hold CG responsible for this hype because they had to know the effect if would have on players.
    Having said that, maybe this would be less of a thing if they didn't give us entire years with absolutely no meaningful content.

The player experience is tertiary to the economy.
    The game has never been designed to be 'fun'
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    Machinist wrote: »

Keep in mind that Visas Marr did leave Nihilus and the sith, but she never became a jedi. She simply joined the characters team. So she's neither jedi nor sith. However, she is an "Old Republic" character.

Since they don’t give JKL the rebel tag.... lore is pretty over rated. The reason why they didn’t give the ORep tag was that she never was part of that faction. But consider the JKL rebel tag affaire.... now everything feels possible.

Enfys Nest and Fulcrum should have the rebel fighter tag for example. But they don’t...

• gflegui wrote: »

Since they don’t give JKL the rebel tag.... lore is pretty over rated. The reason why they didn’t give the ORep tag was that she never was part of that faction. But consider the JKL rebel tag affaire.... now everything feels possible.

Enfys Nest and Fulcrum should have the rebel fighter tag for example. But they don’t...

But Enfys Nest wasn’t a part of the rebels faction. She looks out for herself and her people.
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    gflegui wrote: »

But Enfys Nest wasn’t a part of the rebels faction. She looks out for herself and her people.

At the end of Solo movie, she clearly shows that she was working for something bigger... the foundations of the rebelion
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Even if they did it the community would hype itself beyond belief over new OR reworks and toons.
    People then hold CG responsible for this hype because they had to know the effect if would have on players.
    Having said that, maybe this would be less of a thing if they didn't give us entire years with absolutely no meaningful content.

The player experience is tertiary to the economy.
    The game has never been designed to be 'fun'

You're probably right. It's even kinda obvious- I mean, now gear XII isn't enough for character events. You gotta relic up characters for JKL event.
  • I keep saying that I think they’ll do something with Visas again whenever they add the rest of the main cast from Kotor 2, particularly Meetra Surik “The Exile.”
  • Is there a way we can petition for something like this?
  • I mean it's not like we're asking for a complete rework. Just an OR tag
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Rexollboy wrote: »
    I mean it's not like we're asking for a complete rework. Just an OR tag

We can petition all we want and they might claim that our satisfaction is their priority, but we all know what makes the world turn.
  • Has anyone tried Visas with Rey, i am wondering how her synergy would work with a Lightside oriented leader
  • Bumping. We need old republic tag as a MINIMUM shes not any more old republic than Canderous.

Shes not any more a jedi than JOLEE the grey jedi thats hated what the jedi became and exiled himself from being apart of jedi. Which who else exiled themselves? Yoda hermit grandmaster luke, old Ben. All hid and stopped association with other jedi. But Jolee actually denounced the Jedi. VISAS REBUILT THE ORDER WITH SURIK.

GIVE HER JEDI AND OLD REP TAGS
  • Yes, old republic tag and jedi tag would be required to be able to make her part of an old republic RP team. At least she needs to be able to make use of bastilla's and revans leader buffs
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

She Definitely needs OR tag or simply rework her to Darkside and give her a sith tag instead - if we don't have the "team" from KOTOR2 then what is the point? She may as well stay darkside under Nihilus.

Eventually though, I'd like to see the team from KOTOR2 make an appearance in this game, for sure.

FYI: at the end of KOTOR2, Traya does look into the future at all team mates in the game, that they rebuild the Jedi Order - including Visas, so eventually she does become a Jedi, however I agree her in-game version is not.
  • Visas Old Republic tag? Yes, please.
  • I made a post like this, dealing with ewok - Rebel tags. I've learned in these games, the forums generally are for us to talk about what we'd like, but we're essentially the animals saying what we'd like the farmer to do... It doesn't really matter, and the more it becomes pay 2 win, the less important what we say is.

The only way we'd ever get what we want, is for the whales to join together and refuse to pay until what the masses want is implemented. And then it's doubtful. It would still be based on what is programmable, what makes sense as far as a playable storyline, etc.
  • They need to do this.
  • Machinist
    192 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I made a post like this, dealing with ewok - Rebel tags. I've learned in these games, the forums generally are for us to talk about what we'd like, but we're essentially the animals saying what we'd like the farmer to do... It doesn't really matter, and the more it becomes pay 2 win, the less important what we say is.

The only way we'd ever get what we want, is for the whales to join together and refuse to pay until what the masses want is implemented. And then it's doubtful. It would still be based on what is programmable, what makes sense as far as a playable storyline, etc.

I heard that there are some whales who are on our side, and for a time I was a whale too and spent over $3,000 on the game in the 2 or 3 yrs that Ive played the game (in comparison to todays whales thats probably a dolphin). But I stopped at GAS when I saw the requirements. I didnt have the characters necessary for GAS and to get them in order to catch the event asap some estimated it to cost $1,500 (is that right?). Thats when I was done. Once in a while I drop $5 to $10. But, I digress.

I think youre right though. This is more of a forum for player discussions. The coding here supposedly chases profanity (lol, I dont curse). But the devs probably dont take into account what we talk about. However, they have deleted my general posts when I complained about them. But thats as far as they go. We can converse till our thumbs callus up from tapping the screen, and thats all we'll get.