Best replacement for greedo in bounty hunter team

Prev1
I currently run a bossk lead bh squad with boba, jango, and dengar who are all gear 13 and between relic 2-4 with a gear 12 greedo. I want to replace greedo with either aurra sing or embo but can't decide which of the 2 are best. They both need work as neither are 7 star yet but both candidates seem to possess strong skills that would benefit my squad nicely. Aurra can topple raid bosses and gains stealth frequently while embo can remove buffs on basic cant be critically hit and recovers a significant amount of protection. I know embo a a great leader for bh squads but I'm not sure which one to go with.

Replies

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I prefer Embo, dispel on basic is great.
  • mandalorian of course

between Aurra Sing and Embo, I would go for Aurra Sing
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I have an R4 zEmbo and I absolutely love him. He's a monster.

Although if I were just starting the farm now I'd probably go for Greef or Mando.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• @Coolnessda there is not much justification for getting another BH. Mando is the obvious choice because he is Nihilus #2, however in terms of using GP I would consider R4in or R5ing Greedo. He's an attacker, and with relic his CC is going to get above 100% due to his ability. So for once you can focus on 222 CD with Greedoand + offense and see what he can really do. I can only imagine if he starts triple and quadruple-tappin how easy he will take toons out.

That is only reasonable if your Greedo is g11 G12 in my opinion . Greedo at all was always a bad decision. He was an easy farm. He got you / us Chewy. A bad G11 decision in terms of GP might as well be a bad R5 GP decision that gives you far more utility.
  • My god, though: Greef under a Bossk lead? If you manipulate the speed right, you toss taunt up on Bossk, then Bring Them In Cold with Greef, which triggers Bossk's next turn, which uses Hunting Party, and bam: all payouts activated within three moves! Only works on offense and only if the opposing team is missing an auto-taunter, but i've wrecked in GAC and my Greef was still only 5 star.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Embo 100% (r5 shown)w1uq16nfxgyo.gif

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I have an R4 zEmbo and I absolutely love him. He's a monster.

Although if I were just starting the farm now I'd probably go for Greef or Mando.

Great advice for the current BH scheme. Only bad thing about Embo is his lack of debuffs for a Bossk lead. But dang does he delete quickly haha
  • I use Jango lead and can get of contract in like 5 turns then everyone hits like a truck. I delete the opposite team and they only take like A few turns
  • Btw I use Jango boba Bossk Mando Greef. Even at low stars mando can disintegrate and Greef is a great support. As long as Jango goes first and uses his aoe you can get the contract off fast.
  • Greef and zam can do bits
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Whatever you do don’t r4-5 greedo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I absolutely love both Embo and Aurra. As you said, they both have strong skills. Aurra is great for raids and Embo dispels and recovers prot. I would strongly recommend getting both up at some point.

Between Embo and Aurra, I think Embo might be the better choice because of the dispel and damage with the hat throw. Aurra is definitely more specialized and in a non-raid scenario, you won’t get her full utility. Personally, I would farm Greef for that squad as he is fantastic under Bossk lead with Dengar and the Fett’s.

That said, one thing to consider is your farming priorities and the use you want to get out of them. Aurra is a 16 energy cantina node which takes away from signal data farming. Embo is a 20 energy regular node. Greef is a 20 energy fleet node. Greef can’t be used in ds geo but Embo/Aurra can.

Since each one brings strong skills to the team, it ultimately depends on your priorities and what you would most benefit from.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Agreed. Go R7 or go home.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    I would tend to agree with you on that but idk, yesterday in geo, he was going off with the multi attacks lol. He is also great with Embo in p1 hstr.

But yeah he’s definitely not the best option. Even at r7 he’s still so squishy. And there are other bh that will give you a much better return for your investment. Don’t relic him unless you really want to.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I also wouldn't put any resources into embo or aurra. that's a lot of shards and gear for 2 old bh, when they just dropped grief and mando.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Agreed. Go R7 or go home.
    Home it is then! :D

I also wouldn't put any resources into embo or aurra. that's a lot of shards and gear for 2 old bh, when they just dropped grief and mando.

Unless you want to run the disintegration squad of course, then Aurra is vital.
    It’s very nice to be able to take out both Revans, Padmé and Geos with BH after all.

I would tend to agree with you on that but idk, yesterday in geo, he was going off with the multi attacks lol. He is also great with Embo in p1 hstr.

But yeah he’s definitely not the best option. Even at r7 he’s still so squishy. And there are other bh that will give you a much better return for your investment. Don’t relic him unless you really want to.

Much better return for your investment when you already have him g12+5?
  • I apologize for hijacking the thread, but I am curious what people are using to put together 2 BH teams. Thinking about Territory War and Grand Arena.
  • Embo. He's also the lead u need for phase 1 of the treya raid
  • But greef and Mando are the best options rn along with bossk jango and boba
  • Khodan29 wrote: »
    I apologize for hijacking the thread, but I am curious what people are using to put together 2 BH teams. Thinking about Territory War and Grand Arena.

Aurra (L), Bossk, Boba, Greef, Mando.
    Jango (L), Zam, Dengar, Embo, Greedo/IG-88.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Sunk cost fallacy
  • TVF wrote: »

Sunk cost fallacy

I was totally thinking about sunk cost when I made the posit, but sunk cost has to consider continuous utility. He's already got Greedo and will continue to get utility out of it. So the decision not asking
    "Should I r5 Greedo and get the benefit of having an R5 Greedo" , but instead
    "Should I increase a g12 Greedo to R5 and get the benefit of having an R5 Greedo?"

My ignorance though with top performing rosters is pretty high. I am Div 3, arena 100, GAC kyber but really poorly ranked. I just hit rank 75 fleet today for the 1st time. I just don't have the knowledge of how much a rank 5 greedo will help-hurt-ratio a top roster versus a g12 Greedo that is already there. 1 could always fall back on the logic "there are much better toons to relic."
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Khodan29 wrote: »
    I apologize for hijacking the thread, but I am curious what people are using to put together 2 BH teams. Thinking about Territory War and Grand Arena.

Aurra (L), Bossk, Boba, Greef, Mando.
    Jango (L), Zam, Dengar, Embo, Greedo/IG-88.

I’d go with Bossk(l), greef, dengar, embo, ig-88 and
    Mando, Jango, Bobba, zam, greedo

Sunk cost fallacy

I was totally thinking about sunk cost when I made the posit, but sunk cost has to consider continuous utility. He's already got Greedo and will continue to get utility out of it. So the decision not asking
    "Should I r5 Greedo and get the benefit of having an R5 Greedo" , but instead
    "Should I increase a g12 Greedo to R5 and get the benefit of having an R5 Greedo?"

My ignorance though with top performing rosters is pretty high. I am Div 3, arena 100, GAC kyber but really poorly ranked. I just hit rank 75 fleet today for the 1st time. I just don't have the knowledge of how much a rank 5 greedo will help-hurt-ratio a top roster versus a g12 Greedo that is already there. 1 could always fall back on the logic "there are much better toons to relic."

That's a fair point. I had missed your previous comment but you are right. Taking Greedo up to r5 won't destroy your GP that much more than leaving him at g12 since you've already made the investment to get him up that far and you'll get a lot more utility out of him. Greedo is one of those toons that a lot of players have geared up over time so it's not a bad investment. Because of that, the resource cost to take him up to relics vs gearing up a different toon from scratch will seem a lot lower. But, you don't have to take him up just because you have already put resources into him. If he's not going to benefit your roster and will just sit collecting dust, leaving him where he is is better imo.

I think Greedo is fine to keep at g12 but he's also fine to take up to g13. If you have him at g12+5, relic-ing him won't hurt imo. I only meant in terms of deciding to relic bounty hunters, there are much better options than Greedo for both strength and utility - completely disregarding prior roster and gear investments.

I get a lot of use out of my hunters so for me, the cost in taking them all up to g13 is offset. Although admittedly, Greedo, Zam, Cad, and IG-88 were the last batch of g13s and are my least used ones. But I still do like them and use them where I can/need to.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    G12 to R5 actually bumps your gp up a decent amount, especially if you're low GP to begin with. Just asking for harder GAC matchups that way.
    G12 to R5 actually bumps your gp up a decent amount, especially if you're low GP to begin with. Just asking for harder GAC matchups that way.

Did they do the same thing with farm boy Luke and CW chewie for more utility ?

This is a resource management game , with the amount of BH available ATM unless your a old player there should be no need for greedo. after a certain time you have to just drop toons down the list .

Once you unlock c3 do you keep plowing resources into ewoks because you have come this far ?

Put greef ,embo or Mando in .
  • Treeburner wrote: »

Once you unlock c3 do you keep plowing resources into ewoks because you have come this far ?

Put greef ,embo or Mando in .

ROFL, but yes exactly.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Greedo is extremely underrated. His zeta is also underrated. Relic him, put the zeta on, mod him correctly and you will have a fantastic character in your roster who can do tons of damage, can give cc up to your team, can remove tons of tm and buffs from target opponent and has irresistible stun. Just read his special ability. He can even be used as a plug and play character in some clean up cases with many squads.