Anyone else hate GW?

Prev134
To me this is the least enjoyable aspect of the game. I'm in the low 60's at the moment and actually completing GW is **** near impossible most of the time. It seems as though halfway through I'll start getting hit with STACKED level 70 teams.

This is especially frustrating because other than the ability mats challenge there is no way to get Ability Material Mk III unless you complete the ridiculous GW.

I enjoy the game overall, but GW is a daily source of frustration and irritation that seems rather haphazardly rng / poorly done compared to the rest of the game.

Replies

• Drake23
    866 posts Member
    I love it, best game mode in the game. It is the reason why I am still playing this game.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • I love it, spending hours on it and that's the only content I really enjoy
  • Best part of the game, but it would be better without the human element in the opposition, out of the 12 nodes I get maybe 2 that don't have a sid, would like to see the full variety of characters and synergies in there.
  • It just takes too much time/effort to play it every day. I do not really like that. Also after a while it gets very
    monotonous.
  • I got rekt when I was level 60 too but it's nothing something you have to deal with too long. It's a distant memory now. Once you get 4 good GW toons at 7*, you can't lose.
    Tekken 7
  • GW is great, I enjoy most of the daily play here. Just I would wish the final prize would increase considering how many times retreated or how many toons were lost (perhaps also factoring the percentage of it of the overall roster available).
  • Jumbopeanuts
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I got rekt when I was level 60 too but it's nothing something you have to deal with too long. It's a distant memory now. Once you get 4 good GW toons at 7*, you can't lose.

Yeah this, it's like every 10 levels you move up into a new matchmaking band at 59 it was a cake walk at 61 it was a pain in the butt at 70 it's just nodes 9,10 & 11 that are challenging because who cares if a guy dies on node 12?
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I got rekt when I was level 60 too but it's nothing something you have to deal with too long. It's a distant memory now. Once you get 4 good GW toons at 7*, you can't lose.

Yeah this, it's like every 10 levels you move up into a new matchmaking band at 59 it was a cake walk at 61 it was a pain in the butt at 70 it's just nodes 9,10 & 11 that are challenging because who cares if a guy dies on node 12?

It cares if you are not able to defeat the node 12 opponent, you have to be able to do the rest with the characters left in your list.

Drake23, Its a trap
  • You have to get stronger before you start to enjoy GW. It really is the best content in the game so far. I just wish they made it refreshable.
  • Drake23 wrote: »

Yeah this, it's like every 10 levels you move up into a new matchmaking band at 59 it was a cake walk at 61 it was a pain in the **** at 70 it's just nodes 9,10 & 11 that are challenging because who cares if a guy dies on node 12?

It cares if you are not able to defeat the node 12 opponent, you have to be able to do the rest with the characters left in your list.

I guess I just mean that I have a higher tolerance for losses on node 12, on the previous ones if someone goes down that's it retreat, on 12 so long as i feel I have a chance at success even if that just leaves 1 of my team up i'm fine sticking around.
  • I haven't lost a GW since they updated it
  • You should make progress every day till you able to complete it (probably when you are lvl 70 for a couple weeks).
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    I find it boring as hell, completing it every day with the same squad, sometimes I swap toons just because I'm bored playing it, it's simply 12 match with the same opponents most of the time... Do the same with team that are randomly done, with the first ones random throw together and the last 6 nodes high synergies (1 full Nightsisters, 1 Ewok, 1 Jedi, 1 Empire, 1 Sith, 1 Rebels for example). Get different types of team for each synergy type and rotate them on a daily basis and this will become interesting !
  • jedii_2040
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I totally enjoy GW. From node 5 I get all lvl 70, 6*/7* toons, but with little planning and 2-3 retries I am able to complete the GW.

I think you are not using your non prime toons properly. If you try to complete the GW with only your primary toons, then you are sure to face problems.

Another thing, give yourself couple of more weeks till you reach lvl 65 or higher, then things will get pretty smooth for you. At lvl 60 I too faced problem for few days.
  • I bet your super excited to fight level 80s in a few weeks.
  • I enjoy it. At this point I don't even use my A team. So it's the only time I really get to play with the toons I like. I pretty much hate my arena team. Dooku, Gs, RG... Boring. In GW Ima-Gun, Anakin, Kylo and others get to come out and play.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    I enjoy galactic war, it is IMHO the best current game mode
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Uuurgh it's such a pain in the butt...
    Always the same annoying teams. Every. Single. Time.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    I actually really enjoy it. It's my favorite part of the game. But i remember my early level 60s being tougher than any other time. Once you can build up more of a roster it's great
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Without GW this game would have literally nothing.
  • Let me guess OP
    You using Dooku as leader ?
    Please, balance your team, be patient until you max your toons, use healers and self healers, and stop whine
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Let me guess OP
    You using Dooku as leader ?
    Please, balance your team, be patient until you max your toons, use healers and self healers, and stop whine

What an useful piece of advice!
    "Get a GW-oriented team and shut up"
    That'll maybe come as a shock to you, but some people just don't build a GW team right off when they begin playing.

The fact that GW opens up at lvl 40 means that, if you don't inform yourself before, you can end up having a terrible GW roster simply because you didn't know what GW was. At this point, you have 2 options:

- Build a GW team, aka farm terribly boring chars (which is hard because Lumi can be farmed in GW. Which you cannot complete).
    This completely screws with your objectives and slows you down tremendously.
    It's also not rewarding because you can't focus on toons you actually enjoy.

- Don't build a GW team, and lose all the associated resources. Basically you're not competitive. Like ever.

I hate GW, because you HAVE to focus on it since it provides so many resources you NEED. It **** me off that I can't decide to focus on PvP because the rewards are just not enough to survive in the game.

Why can't we chose a path to focus on? Right now, cookie cutters team are a must-have, because you HAVE to be able to compete in everything to be able to farm shards. It enforces a boring meta, because who do you need to complete GW? Lumi, JC, Sidious. So you farm/gear/star them, like everybody else. The result is that everyone has the same toons until they can start farming non-essentials toons to try to diverse their strategy.

It's ****. The lack of options in this game is appalling and often discourages non-informed players.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    If it's true that it's based off the most powerful team you've used in the arena, it becomes pretty difficult unless you have a couple more teams that are just as powerful in case the first gets wiped out. I'm currently in that situation. Once my main team is gone, I have no one who can do anything against a fully geared and starred team. They just get picked off.

That can be remedied, but what I think needs to be fixed is when they decide to drop a fully geared/starred team on you. It shouldn't be until the last couple nodes IMO, and NEVER before the 6th for example. I come across that on the third node once in a while and then if I manage to beat them the next node will be easier. That doesn't make a lot of sense. If it isn't supposed to be that way it's glitched but apparently the devs don't think it's important enough to look at.

• CatoNines
    423 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Nope. It's the only part of the game I looked forward to each day. I'm F2P and clear it every single day.
  • I clear every day and I don't like it. Same ole same ole. Dooku, sid, kylo everywhere.
  • It usually takes me about 30-45 minutes to complete and it still feels like a chore, but it is the only reliable source for f2p credits so it's still a must do.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Drake23 wrote: »
    I love it, best game mode in the game. It is the reason why I am still playing this game.

This for me as well. Love GW. A chance to try different teams, synergies, attack patterns, etc. And if you don't like the way things are going, just retreat and try something else.

Good fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I love GW. I hope it gets harder with the cap increase. It's too easy now, especially since they "adjusted it". I'd like them to add another 4 nodes consistent with the current credits and award increases as the demand for those items keeps growing.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    I like it. It's arena that I hate.