Game crashing on Bluestacks.

Just heard Ahnald also mentioning the game is crashing quiet often on Bluestacks. Unfortunately it happens to me as well. Does anyone know if this is a Bluestacks specific problem or does it occur on other emulators as well? I mostly have the crash happen at the beginning of a battle (all areas of the game).

Replies

  • Lio
    1000 posts Member
    Don't play on Bluestacks then 🤷‍♂️
  • Legend91
    1344 posts Member
    Phone >> Nox >>>> Bluestacks
    Nox crashes aswell, phone is the most stable one but also not bullet proof I think (had a crash on the phone aswell). For serious stuff (GAC/TW/TB) I close all apps, restart swgoh, change from wifi to mobile data and hope for the best.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Same thing happened to me on Bluestacks, ended up loosing the GA, big rip.
  • Yes Bluestacks crashes regularly. Seems to have happened after the SWGOH back-end update. Unfortunately Bluestacks had an update a coule of days later, so hard to tell which update has made thnigs worse. I hear other sin the guild having the same issue on phone too. It always seems to be when you're in an important match, although that's most likely perception.
  • Nikoms565
    12667 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    Don't play on Bluestacks then 🤷‍♂️

    Some of us with "older eyes" like to be able to read abilities, see debuff symbols, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Memu. Zero problems there.
  • I think i won this GAC round because my opponent game crashed. He used 2 battles against my worst defense
  • I was having lots of crashes on Bluestacks , but 4 days ago I changed a few settings and have not had one since. Could be coincidence or Luck but Im not going to touch settings to find out. Worth a try , see if it works for you on non-critical battles first etc. Btw ; my iPhone 6s Plus crashes 2-3 times a day so I do anything important on Bluestacks.

    1. Profile (under advanced) OnePlus5
    2. Display 1600x900 (I had this on 2560x1440 previously)
    3. Landscape Tablet mode
    4. Engine - Direct X
    5. GPU settings (prefer ..etc) OFF
    6. Graphics engine - Performance
    7. ASTC - Disabled
    8. CPU 4 cores (out of 8)
    9. RAM High (4gb)
    10. FPS 120
    11. Enable High Frame rates - ON
    12. ABI - AUTO
    13. Fingers - CROSSED
  • lol - I like it that this gets moved to "Off Topic" - how is it off topic when its directly talking about game performance isssues that it seems many players get, on many different devices. Sweep it under the rug...cool
  • Nikoms565
    12667 posts Member
    FYI - I rolled back to Bluestacks version 3 and no crashing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    25044 posts Moderator
    chuckrambo wrote: »
    lol - I like it that this gets moved to "Off Topic" - how is it off topic when its directly talking about game performance isssues that it seems many players get, on many different devices. Sweep it under the rug...cool

    unfortunately emulators are not supported "devices".
  • Nikoms565
    12667 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    chuckrambo wrote: »
    lol - I like it that this gets moved to "Off Topic" - how is it off topic when its directly talking about game performance isssues that it seems many players get, on many different devices. Sweep it under the rug...cool

    unfortunately emulators are not supported "devices".

    It's 2020 - CG could stand to catch up with the times. Streamers, Youtubers, etc. prefer to play "mobile" games on emulators so they can do multiple things at once.

    I know....too expensive. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Phone >> Nox >>>> Bluestacks
    Nox crashes aswell, phone is the most stable one but also not bullet proof I think (had a crash on the phone aswell). For serious stuff (GAC/TW/TB) I close all apps, restart swgoh, change from wifi to mobile data and hope for the best.

    Phone > Memu >> Nox >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bluestacks

  • @wildnz: Thx so much. I have had no crashes since applying your suggestions. Also Bluestacks updated a few days ago. So I dont know which one it is. But it improved a lot.
  • d2nb0itw12b6.png

    It's because SWGOH is a memory hog now. It uses as much RAM as a full-blown PC game. It used to never crash with only 2GB RAM allocated to Bluestacks but I've gotten tons of crashes since the update until I upped it to 3GB. It's a lot more stable after that, but still isn't 100% stable like before the update. Even at 3GB it uses all of it sometimes, as you can see in the max usage display.
  • Durkano wrote: »
    d2nb0itw12b6.png

    It's because SWGOH is a memory hog now. It uses as much RAM as a full-blown PC game. It used to never crash with only 2GB RAM allocated to Bluestacks but I've gotten tons of crashes since the update until I upped it to 3GB. It's a lot more stable after that, but still isn't 100% stable like before the update. Even at 3GB it uses all of it sometimes, as you can see in the max usage display.

    It really is extremely memory-hungry. I always allocated 4 MB in Memu but had a few minor issues after the Unity upgrade. I manually set it to the maximum now, which is 6093 for some weird reason. Has been running like a charm ever since.

    w14lptiqboqr.png
  • One thing that also helps is to not run more than one istance at the same time. Might suck if you sycronised your payouttime and are stuck in a competitive shard. However the payoff from game stability is also pretty good.
  • Gifafi
    4893 posts Member
    It's been happening all the time on start up, which, tbh is the best time for it to happen, so I just close and reopen, but it did happen once last tb or tw, can't remember.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I know it's been three weeks since last post in this thread but thought I'd let the OP and others know I filed a support ticket with Bluestacks of the issues that started after the Unity update. Bluestacks support replied they were aware of the issue and looking into it.

    And for the devs saying emulators not supported- good grief, not all of us are youngsters. There's a few of us that even using large phones need reading glasses and arthritic hands don't do well using phones.
Sign In or Register to comment.