Minimum gear for pilots to be effective?

Yado101
144 posts Member
I’m working on an imperial fleet and I don’t like gearing useless characters. G13 is obviously the best but what’s the lowest gear level that the ships will still do good?

Replies

• Yado101 wrote: »
    I’m working on an imperial fleet and I don’t like gearing useless characters. G13 is obviously the best but what’s the lowest gear level that the ships will still do good?

Fortunately for you, Imperial fleets do contain several good characters. I would say gear 8 would probably be the bare minimum that they would be useful. Do keep in mind though that in addition to gear, several other things factor into a ship's power. Character level, ability levels, mods, and zeta(s) all factor into a ship's power, as well as gear.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Depends on your opponents so posting your swgoh.gg profile again would have been helpful.

Here -> https://swgoh.gg/p/396742662/

You're not going to get far with Empire until you can farm Imperial Tie Bomber. Good news: no.crew. Bad news: not farmable yet.

You will probably need to power up Gauntlet to use as a starter. Good news: farmable. Bad news: likely need g12+ crew at your level.
  • Depends on what's at the top of your arena. Early game you can get away with a mostly empire team and add in some tl synergy or other useful ships. Fives works good with them and ghost as a reinforcement is good since it put tl on all the enemies. I used vader, tie fighter, biggs with fives, ghost, and ashoka for a long time and did well.

I use negotiator with ht, Anakin, and gives now. With ashoka, plot, and hans falcon in reinforcements to get to the top late game. The key is that most of the ships have otherwise useful characters. How high the gear needed depends on the ship. For my starting lineup g12 is needed so they survive. Plot has one purpose and that's to heal and dispel on his entry so he only needs to be g11 or so. Ht and anakin are r5 since you need dmg and durability out of them.

My advice is build a fleet with useful ships. You may consider geos for a good fleet. It's as good as empire and you need to g11 them for wat shards anyway.
  • Snowbird13
    460 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I have r7 Vader and and r4 TFP and Palp in my empire fleet. Also run HT(g12+2) and tie bomber at 5 star. It does very well, but I'm a newer player. How long have you been playing, and what's in the top of your arena shard? Palp, Vader are great characters. TFP hits hard and boosts the team. Throw Thrawn and a good tank in there, and you have a solid team for GAC, tw, and tw.

If you are going against negotiators and malovence, you will need gauntlet as well(I'm slowly farming them)
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    For me g11 is my bare minimum... they are too squishy at lower gear...
  • G11 allows you to max the pilot ability
  • G11 allows you to max the pilot ability

Exactly. That's why I G11ed Jedi Consular last week!
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Thanks for the help everyone!
    Depends on what's at the top of your arena.

Mostly maxed negs and mals, I’m not looking to be top of my shard but just to get higher than around 200 that I’m sitting at now.
  • Yado101 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help everyone!
    Depends on what's at the top of your arena.

Mostly maxed negs and mals, I’m not looking to be top of my shard but just to get higher than around 200 that I’m sitting at now.

I can't speak to what works that low. I haven't been below the 50s for years on my main. But geos or ackbar rebels with **** should be able to get you higher than 200. I doubt there are that many negotiators and malevolence teams in your shard. At least not maxed ones. The top 20 or 50 maybe but below that teams are typically less competitive.

If you go rebels, you could farm the new y wing. It's on a good node and from what I hear it can beat negotiators if you add it to the team.

Also if you go empire, then the new tie bomber should be farmable soon. I hear it makes empire more competitive at the top.

The key is to pick a path and keep improving that fleet. And you'll improve.
  • Rebels require a lot of investment