Recalculate Ships Points

JediRobb
309 posts Member
edited August 2020
The way points/banners are calculated for the ships zone needs to be adjusted. The max possible is 72 points, but that assumes your capital ship on offense is 7 stars and all reinforcement slots are available. If you have a 5 or 6 star capital ship, the max is 68. The star level of a character or ship does not impact score in any other area of GAC, so why should someone be penalized for winning on offense with a ship that is less than 7 stars?

I lost a round last GAC by 1 point. The difference? His Malevolence was 7 stars and mine is 6, and we both used them on offense. Kind of seems outside the purpose of the game mode to have the star level of a capital ship decide the outcome. Am I tripping here, or do others agree with me?

Replies

• I see your point and I agree with you. I have always tried to go for high banners in ships and the majority of the time I don't even bring in reinforcements, but I always end up getting 63-65 banners, and I never know why. I agree that determining max banners based off the ships star level is unfair in some ways, but I am not sure how exactly they would fix this. What do you propose?
  • JediRobb
    309 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Good question. In one sense, I like the idea that you get 4 bonus banners per reinforcement slot that is empty whether it is available or not. In another sense, I can see how someone might feel like that is penalizing a 7-star ship that uses all the slots. But regardless, I prefer the idea that all empty slots, whether you could use them or not, are counted as unused for scoring purposes.
  • Another alternative is to make ships more limited like the ground squads. All fleets, whether on offense or defense, can use a maximum of 2 reinforcements, regardless of star level. If we can take 5v5 on squads to 3v3, we should be able to modify 7v7 in ships to 5v5.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    A better solution would be to let capital ship captains (Holdo, for instance) use toon reinforcements in squad fights.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • That's an interesting idea, but I don't know how it fixes the ships scoring situation.