Kit of Lord Vader(Anakin)

efazboka71
76 posts Member
edited August 2020
Dear Holotable friends,
I was thinking about kit of Lord Vader(Anakin) for many days. So here is the kit below.
ryozf9lnz9ch.jpg
Unit name: Lord Vader(Anakin)
Alignment: Dark
Categories: Dark side, Attacker, Leader, Sith

Abilities

Basic: Furious Slash

Deal Physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to inflict Healing Immunity and Buff Immunity for 2 turns.

Special 1: Force Choke(cooldown 3)

Deal Physical damage to target enemies and inflict Speed Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 turns. This attack can't be Countered.

Special 2: Terrifying Swing(cooldown 5)

Deal Physical damage to target enemy with an 90% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. Jedi targets cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack.

Leader :(ZETA) Dark Lord of Sith

Sith allies have +30% Offense and have a 50% chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.
Unique :(ZETA)Emperor's new Apprentice

Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Lord Vader(Anakin) takes a bonus turn, and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Sith at the start of battle. If Emperor Palpatine or Darth Sidious is an ally, one takes a bonus turn after each of Lord Vader(Anakin)'s bonus turns.

I hope you will like this kit. No more today, see you again in another discussion. May the force be with you.
Post edited by efazboka71 on

Replies

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Did you just combine the kits of Darth Vader and JKA?
  • I think so yes
    I mean i think it is kinda underpowered for dark anakin which probably will be a gl right?but nice kit
  • Did you just combine the kits of Darth Vader and JKA?

Yes because they are one.
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    What I'm about to say is probably a bit harsh and I certainly don't mean any insult towards you personally with it, but this is by far one of the worst kit idea's I've seen in my life. This does not represent the character as he was at this moment at all, nor do the abilities synergise with each other. Seeing as it is just literally 2 existing kits mashed together, this result is not surprising in the least. What is surprising i that it's only 2 kits mashed together There isn't even a single twist on any of them.
    The thing that really rubs me the wrong way is the unique. Specifically the bonus turn granted to Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine (speaking of which, why is Emperor Palpaine, an original era character, mentioned in a prequels era character at all?). This is clearly a copy from the bonus turn granted to Padme. This results in this kit insinuating that the connection between Anakin and Sidious is as strong or at least similar to the connection between Anakin and padme. That could not be further from the truth. On top of this, it's also not an representation of the character at all. The reason Anakin gains a bonus turn is because he is most concerned about protection his allies. But after his fall tot he dark side, that is no longer his priority. He's more focused on killing his enemies. A better effect would be gaining a bonus turn when an enemy falls below 50% health or is defeated. Similar effect with a twist that fits the character.
    Another problem is the power. It's weaker than either kit it's based on. Vader has his debuffs, but also recovers heath and deals more damage with his second special for each debuff. His specials, lead and unique all work together. Because you only have the lead and some dot's, you don't even have 20% of the power of Vader in this kit, since you miss all the ways they work together (another problem resulting from mashing kit's together). Same for anakin. Because he misses all the synergies with his abilities and allies, this kit doesn't fully inherit the strength that anakin had. I'm certain that either one of them could beat this character because of this.
    The point I'm trying to make is: Smashing different kits together is a bad idea. You can use similar effects, but you have to add a twist to them and you have to make original parts of the kit that work best with those twists and/or with the character as they where at that time. Otherwise you end up with a lot of things that make no sense from a gameplay/design standpoint, nor from a character/mindset standpoint.
    It is a neat idea to have this character in the game, but not like this. I do apologize if I've come over a bit too harsh. I can get somewhat emotional about stuff like this. I would suggest you try again, and also maybe do a rework idea of Darth Sidious to go with him. If you don;t have an idea for him yourself, I did a rework idea of Darth Sidious a while ago. Maybe that can help you. You can find it here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204282/darth-sidious-rework-idea.
    Either way, I look for ward to your next idea and I once again apologize if I was too harsh. I'll empathize it once again: my problem lies with the idea of mashing 2 kits together. That is just a guarantee for disaster, regardless of the person behind it.
    Post edited by Ichiraikou on
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    What I'm about to say is probably a bit harsh and I certainly don't mean any insult towards you personally with it, but this is by far one of the worst kit idea's I've seen in my life. This does not represent the character as he was at this moment at all, nor do the abilities synergise with each other. Seeing as it is just literally 2 existing kits mashed together, this result is not surprising in the least. What is surprising i that it's only 2 kits mashed together There isn't even a single twist on any of them.
    The thing that really rubs me the wrong way is the unique. Specifically the bonus turn granted to Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine (speaking of which, why is Emperor Palpaine, an original era character, mentioned in a prequels era character at all?). This is clearly a copy from the bonus turn granted to Padme. This results in this kit insinuating that the connection between Anakin and Sidious is as strong or at least similar to the connection between Anakin and padme. That could not be further from the truth. On top of this, it's also not an representation of the character at all. The reason Anakin gains a bonus turn is because he is most concerned about protection his allies. But after his fall tot he dark side, that is no longer his priority. He's more focused on killing his enemies. A better effect would be gaining a bonus turn when an enemy falls below 50% health or is defeated. Similar effect with a twist that fits the character.
    Another problem is the power. It's weaker than either kit it's based on. Vader has his debuffs, but also recovers heath and deals more damage with his second special for each debuff. His specials, lead and unique all work together. Because you only have the lead and some dot's, you don't even have 20% of the power of Vader in this kit, since you miss all the ways they work together (another problem resulting from mashing kit's together). Same for anakin. Because he misses all the synergies with his abilities and allies, this kit doesn't fully inherit the strength that anakin had. I'm certain that either one of them could beat this character because of this.
    The point I'm trying to make is: Smashing different kits together is a bad idea. You can use similar effects, but you have to add a twist to them and you have to make original parts of the kit that work best with those twists and/or with the character as they where at that time. Otherwise you end up with a lot of things that make no sense from a gameplay/design standpoint, nor from a character/mindset standpoint.
    It is a neat idea to have this character in the game, but not like this. I do apologize if I've come over a bit too harsh. I can get somewhat emotional about stuff like this. I would suggest you try again, and also maybe do a rework idea of Darth Sidious to go with him. If you don;t have an idea for him yourself, I did a rework idea of Darth Sidious a while ago. Maybe that can help you. You can find it here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204282/darth-sidious-rework-idea.
    Either way, I look for ward to your next idea and I once again apologize if I was too harsh. I'll empathize it once again: my problem lies with the idea of mashing 2 kits together. That is just a guarantee for disaster, regardless of the person behind it.

Mine is better.
  • My imaginary friend is stronger.
  • Hey @Kyno, can you close this post? And can make new kit of Lord Vader?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Will do.

Go for it.
This discussion has been closed.