Does anyone use Phoenix as a counter to NS?

Hey everyone, so the other day in a Territory War I used my medium-gear phoenix against a medium-gear NS. I realized that Pheonix counters NS pretty well. Do most people use Phoenix to counter NS as higher levels? I know Phoenix isn't super meta, but NS can be annoying to go up against, and it seems most people use Imperial Troopers, but couldn't they use Phoenix instead, seeing as how they have already farmed phoenix?

Replies

  • Nikoms565
    12944 posts Member
    At higher levels, almost no one uses Phoenix....for anything really. While there are some exceptions, many use troopers, palp lead + Vader or even CLS/Han + Chewie. You could even use JKR , but that's overkill. Triumvirate is also an option - it's always fun to watch Daka try to rez a NS that Nihilus just annihilateed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I would imagine even at g12 that spirit can 1 shot most of them?
  • Lukeando93 wrote: »
    I would imagine even at g12 that spirit can 1 shot most of them?

    If you try to use undergeared phoenix, yes. If you try G13 phoenix against G13 nightsisters they would have a chance
  • Hortus
    328 posts Member
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, so the other day in a Territory War I used my medium-gear phoenix against a medium-gear NS. I realized that Pheonix counters NS pretty well. Do most people use Phoenix to counter NS as higher levels? I know Phoenix isn't super meta, but NS can be annoying to go up against, and it seems most people use Imperial Troopers, but couldn't they use Phoenix instead, seeing as how they have already farmed phoenix?

    No, because such thing as high gear level Phoenix is rarely seen due to lack of their overall usefulness and pretty high rare gear requirements. At higher levels people tends to meet much better geared NS than they have Phoenix. Also they tends to have other counters which are basically mandatory in the game. For example, good BH squad is required for several events, and they also happen to be very solid NS counter.
  • Hortus wrote: »
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, so the other day in a Territory War I used my medium-gear phoenix against a medium-gear NS. I realized that Pheonix counters NS pretty well. Do most people use Phoenix to counter NS as higher levels? I know Phoenix isn't super meta, but NS can be annoying to go up against, and it seems most people use Imperial Troopers, but couldn't they use Phoenix instead, seeing as how they have already farmed phoenix?

    No, because such thing as high gear level Phoenix is rarely seen due to lack of their overall usefulness and pretty high rare gear requirements. At higher levels people tends to meet much better geared NS than they have Phoenix. Also they tends to have other counters which are basically mandatory in the game. For example, good BH squad is required for several events, and they also happen to be very solid NS counter.

    Do phoenix have that bad gear requirements for higher levels? Would have thought for an early team they wouldn't have been that bad or do they require a lot of stun guns? Mine are about g8 so I can't really say I've bothered with them!!
  • I think you need 4 or 5 stun guns to get them all from G8 to G9. After that I don't know what gear they need
  • Lukeando93 wrote: »
    Do phoenix have that bad gear requirements for higher levels? Would have thought for an early team they wouldn't have been that bad or do they require a lot of stun guns? Mine are about g8 so I can't really say I've bothered with them!!

    swgoh.gg have full gear list for every character so you can compare. Just for example, Kanan needs more Carbanti, stun guns and stun cuffs than Bossk.
  • G8 is pretty much the stopping point for Phoenix. You can unlock Thrawn and pretty much forget about them. The G8-9 gear level is pretty rough for all of them considering what you're getting out of the team, so that's where most people stop
  • Ltswb1
    315 posts Member
    I have all g12 Phoenix and they’re pretty much useless except as defensive fodder in GAC. I don’t think they would stand a chance against a similarly geared and fully zeta’d NS team.
  • Bounty Hunters are a much better investment if you are looking for a Nightsisters counter.
  • After a certain point you stop gearing Phoenix for squad fights and start gearing them for ship fights. They're a solid, jack of all trades team that'll help you through a lot of the early and mid game, but later on the specialization you get from other teams outpaces their all-round general use. About the besr use you'll get from them later is as a defensive team in GAC--they'll get smashed, but you have to use an at least okay team for it, and it frees up one of your better teams for offense.

    But they're still a really good pair of ships under Home One.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    But they're still a really good pair of ships under Home One.
    Are they though? Falcon,.Biggs and your choice of HT / Bistan / Y-Wing starting with Cassian as first RI, Phantom second RI maybe if it gets that far and Ghost who cares because third and fourth RIs are generally not used.
  • I have my Phoenix crew all g12 + zetas and I still use them a lot in GAC. Sometimes only as a filler defense, but when my opponent has no relics on his night sisters, I use them on offense. G13 or the spirit in the team can become a problem, then I would use Empire or Geos instead, and also there can be bad rng - still against a lot of teams, they are a pretty nice counter.
  • Well, as one who used Phoenix extensively in the beginning, I'd really like to have a relic Phoenix squad. Just for fun and giggles.
    I always liked fighting with them.
Sign In or Register to comment.