Is it just me or is Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes just impossible?

KlausMikalson10
posts Member
edited August 2020
Hello guys,,

I'm level 58, been playing for about a month, never dropped money. Your goal is not exactly to unlock all the characters, it's to 7 star and fully gear a handful. Once you unlock Galactic War and Squad Cantina Battles, you can farm shards a lot more easily.

I'll give you an example from my current situation: I'm trying to 7* Luminara Unduli - In order to do that, there are several areas on the main table where I can farm. I have 3 battles per day in 6-A light, 3 in 2-E dark, and 3 in 3-D light, for a total of 9 shards per day if I get very lucky. She's also available to buy shards for in Glactic War - it's pretty easy to get 5 shards for her per day no problem, and once you can regularly beat Glactic War, 10 shards per day is no problem. So with that in mind, I could potentially get 19 shards for her per day without dropping any money - she's a 80 shard hero to unlock (if I remember correctly), so in ideal circumstances, she can be unlocked in ~5 days. Of course, then you need to get more shards to up her stars, gear her up and farm those locations, etc. Squad Cantina Battles can be used to farm for different heroes, like the Jedi Consular at 3-1.

It certainly takes time, but it's not impossible at all. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them! You can also visit the dedicated subreddit at swgalaxyofheroes if you decide to stick with it!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are some good videos on how to start out, you may want to check them out.

There are many good toons to farm and focus on to maximize investment and effort.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    FYI these forums are better than the subreddit, most of the higher level players come here so there’s generally better advice, as well as official announcements from CG
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Greetings Klaus,

First, let me address the main issue of your post. All things come to those who wait. To be FTP in this game means you need to be patient. You'll eventually unlock and gear up all the characters you desire in this game, but it takes patience and planning. You can speed that up by purchasing shards and crystals in the game store.

Second, let me address the elephant in the room. Luminara is a great early game healer. I used her myself, and have her at g9 in my inventory. I even pull her out and dust her off on occasion in Grand Arena when I need to throw together a Jedi team to take care of a low level team my opponent set up on defense. However, once you reach level 85 and start getting into the higher and end game content, her viability drastically decreases. If you want to focus on Jedi, that's fine, but go for the right ones that will help you in later game. Here's a team which you can farm early and will help you later game.

Bastila Shan, Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben, Jedi Knight Anakin, Ahsoka.

Bastila is in a dark hard node along tier 5, I think, and Jedi Knight Anakin is in a light hard node along tier 5. Ezra is in the cantina missions, tier 2 I think or tier 3. Ahsoka is farmable in the Cantina store, and Kanan is farmable in the Squad Arena store.

This is a good and solid team that will help you unlock Grand Master Yoda. All of them have uses in later game. Bastila is the 2nd best Jedi leader in the game, and is needed to unlock Jedi Knight Revan, who IS the best jedi leader in the game. Both Ezra and Kanan are on the pheonix team, which are needed for Grand Admiral Thrawn, but they are Rebels and can help you get Emperor Palpatine as well. Plus, their ships, the Ghost and Phantom II, are solid rebel ships needed to unlock the Chimera, Thrawn's capital ship. Old Ben is also a rebel, and can help with palpatine, but he's needed as well to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker, who is the leader of one of the most versatile teams in the game. Old Ben is also one of the best FTP tanks in the game. Jedi knight Anakin and Ahsoka are both vital members to a Padme team, and they're used in unlocking General Anakin Skywalker later on.

There are other team compositions you can form, but this one gets you started. My advise is to start here and branch out.

Third, Kyno mentioned vids that will help you get started, but he didn't mention where to look. Check on Youtube for Ahnaldt101 and cubsfanhan. Both are prominent content creators with their own channels and both offer solid advice on how to progress, tactics to use, things to watch out for, and so forth. There are some others as well that you can find on Youtube that will help as well, and these two often reference the others. So, it will get you started.

Finally, as Yado mentioned, there are many veteran players who visit these forums. If you're stuck, need advice, or simply have a question, please ask. Someone here will help.

Enjoy,

Lord Grahck.