How much credits will it take to upgrade geonosians.

sevosGR
9 posts Member
edited August 2020
From my previous post people said Geos are good.I have some unlocked(not many stars got couple of shards to level them up) .I still use credits for mods in phoenix squad till i beat palp and thrawn.Got 14m+credits but dont know if they are enough to mod,upgrade and gear them (not so high cause they definetlly arent but at a middle ground g7 with ok mods).Also should i get my jedi for yoda first or have them as secondary(if they dont take much resources)?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If you started out on the Phoenix => Thrawn + EP path I would recommend staying on course until you unlock CLS and keep other farms as side projects (unless you could reach high ranks in fleet arena by investing in ships and pilots). You next steps would be to farm an empire team to take R2D2 to 7* and take farmboy, Leia, ST Han and Old Ben to 7* as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about how much credits you will need for your geos. You earn some every day while farming your team. Just make sure to spend ir wisely.
  • ReportEric wrote: »
    You need around 7 mil to 1-85 lvl any toon, think the actual number is 6.2 or 6.8 mil. But gear, promotions etc, have to be considered, so I'd say 10 mil a toon, so around 50 mil. Just to get all 5 at lvl 85 and 7*.

Thanks,ill probably get them to 60-65 then which is 1,5m and when i am stronger get them max.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    If you started out on the Phoenix => Thrawn + EP path I would recommend staying on course until you unlock CLS and keep other farms as side projects (unless you could reach high ranks in fleet arena by investing in ships and pilots). You next steps would be to farm an empire team to take R2D2 to 7* and take farmboy, Leia, ST Han and Old Ben to 7* as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about how much credits you will need for your geos. You earn some every day while farming your team. Just make sure to spend ir wisely.

I bought the 2,450 crystal pack and got lucky with my obi getting him to star 6.I wanted to stay out of the CLS route cause chewie and han solo make him really good and i am nowhere close to getting them so CLS would be sitting.Since ill have 2 empire at 7 stars when i finish phoenix i will get royal guard and pilot and hope i will have enough for vader(got 9/100).Maybe bronziums will help with royal guard.Getting another time the CLS pack will be worth it since its 4 characters and it gives 7 drops and 1 guarantee or i shouldnt get it?
  • AM2Rainman
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    This is something I put together a while back for myself to plan resources. If a character or ship unlocks at a specific star level, how many credits or shipbuilding materials does it take to take them to 7* and lvl 85. The ships does not include capital ships which have different costs associated with them.
    b59gyvrbpwep.png
    Bronziums may help with Royal Guard but I wouldn't go farming him. Farm Tarkin from the arena store, Vader from Fleet and Tie Pilot from Cantina (or fleet if you have extra currency but always save some for if Vader shows up on this path). You can use can farm Magmatrooper from the Galactic War store in a pinch if need be but they're not the best use of resources.
    You say CLS will be sitting but if you're not in a guild that is simming the Rancor raid, remember CLS can solo the rancor raid and is the best Rebel leader. You still have the other 5 rebels you just used to get him. Swap out Leia, ST Han or FBL and you have a better rebel team.
    DO NOT BUY CRYSTAL PACKS! Please don't do this. I did this too but just don't. You will have a better roi if you use the crystals for energy. It seems like a good deal but it's really not that great when you do the numbers. Bronziums are a great use of the ally points. Keep spending those, especially as an early player.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    This is something I put together a while back for myself to plan resources. If a character or ship unlocks at a specific star level, how many credits or shipbuilding materials does it take to take them to 7* and lvl 85. The ships does not include capital ships which have different costs associated with them.
    b59gyvrbpwep.png
    Nice. Capital ship costs are double that of a fighter.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    b59gyvrbpwep.png

Double to upgrade a capital ship, yes. I thought the cost to level them up was different but how often do you actually do it? I hadn't had to upgrade or level up a capital ship since I made that. Something to look forward to next month when I get the Negotiator next DS TB.
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    b59gyvrbpwep.png

Double to upgrade a capital ship, yes. I thought the cost to level them up was different but how often do you actually do it? I hadn't had to upgrade or level up a capital ship since I made that. Something to look forward to next month when I get the Negotiator next DS TB.
    I believe all of the costs are double but I am open to correction on that. :)
  • sevosGR
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    b59gyvrbpwep.png
    Bronziums may help with Royal Guard but I wouldn't go farming him. Farm Tarkin from the arena store, Vader from Fleet and Tie Pilot from Cantina (or fleet if you have extra currency but always save some for if Vader shows up on this path). You can use can farm Magmatrooper from the Galactic War store in a pinch if need be but they're not the best use of resources.
    You say CLS will be sitting but if you're not in a guild that is simming the Rancor raid, remember CLS can solo the rancor raid and is the best Rebel leader. You still have the other 5 rebels you just used to get him. Swap out Leia, ST Han or FBL and you have a better rebel team.
    DO NOT BUY CRYSTAL PACKS! Please don't do this. I did this too but just don't. You will have a better roi if you use the crystals for energy. It seems like a good deal but it's really not that great when you do the numbers. Bronziums are a great use of the ally points. Keep spending those, especially as an early player.

CLS can solo the rancor of what tier?Wont he need afew good backups after 15 turns which it is enraged or when he is eaten or he kills it so fast.Was getting Luminara from GW for 7 star or 6 for now so i can get yoda aswell heard he is good when i get bastilla lead.I will do the empire/jedi/rebels and then geos i guess so i can get more journey guides.Thanks for the tips and for the statistics of the cost.
  • sevosGR wrote: »
    b59gyvrbpwep.png

CLS can solo the rancor of what tier?Wont he need afew good backups after 15 turns which it is enraged or when he is eaten or he kills it so fast.Was getting Luminara from GW for 7 star or 6 for now so i can get yoda aswell heard he is good when i get bastilla lead.I will do the empire/jedi/rebels and then geos i guess so i can get more journey guides.Thanks for the tips and for the statistics of the cost.

CLS can solo it at a pretty low gear level, like 8 or 9, iirc. The real reason he's there is for his TM reduction on his basic and his first special. So like him and GMY can go to town on the rancor. Ezra is also good in there as is Bastilla. Honestly anyone hitting hard with CLS can do it. So get some good attackers and have at it. CLS, Wedge, Biggs was popular too. My guild sometimes does the pit raid as The Price is Right (TPIR) where for like 8 hours the pit is open and whoever gets closest to 50k without going over gets to take first when the time is right. CLS is also a main character in teams that can solo the tank. If you put your ally code in on https://swgoh.help/, it will show you your progress on getting characters to where they need to be for certain events, including the raids and will show good teams for doing a solo run on that raid. One exception is the sith raid which to date only had SLKR able to do it. Feel free to PM me if you're having issues or more questions.
  • Thanks,i am close (like 1k xp to 81) so i got a road ahead till i get cls,should i start farming wedge and biggs or go with a jedi team or the team to unlock him?
  • So I upgraded all my Geos together from Level 1 Gear 0 all up to G12, 3 of which I also thought to G13 in one day. Dropped nearly 40 million total, **** up about 1300-1400 Carbanti Salvage, among other things.

The dangerous thing is to grind too many people at once. Focus on one team at a time
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    sevosGR wrote: »
    Thanks,i am close (like 1k xp to 81) so i got a road ahead till i get cls,should i start farming wedge and biggs or go with a jedi team or the team to unlock him?

Wedge and Biggs (and their ships) are only moderately usefull mid-game and they are not needed to solo heroic Rancor raids with CLS. CLS will be able to do it on his own. I would skip those two unless you rely on Biggs' ship in fleet arena.