Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Basically everyone who isn't a cg apologist
  • Options
    The galactic challenges needs a lot of work doing,
    Bad points

1) rewards - most of the rewards for completing the tiers are low gear trash nobody wants. Players want gear to help their rosters not to put in the scrap pile and especially if they have to battle the challenges multiple times to achieve the feats.

2) The gear requirement as one of the feats is not good at all, it would have made sense if the feat was to only use sith but to put sith at relic 3 and 5 etc. makes it so that even though myself and other players of a lower gear requirement defeat the challenge using only sith we are punished for not having them at a high enough relic, don’t punish players for no reason, this is supposed to be a challenge not a punishment for having lower gear characters.

3) having only one battle to face repeatedly makes it tedious, especially having to both have a full squad of sith and then an underdog squad of sith either change the feats so it goes from easy to achieve in low tiers to high difficulty in the top tiers or make it so there’s more rounds with different enemies to the battles to make them interesting.

4) graphics, why not have entry cinematically for the new game feature like the raids? And why have the same copy and paste background, I’m not too fussed on the graphics normally but I want to be hyped to play the new game mode and cinematics would be great, like the original Star Wars battlefront they had the iconic loading sequence that everyone who’s played the game came to love. So a bit of something more like that would be good.

Now that’s out of the way onto the things I liked

1) the feats/quests are a good idea I like that it gets me to play about with the squads I’m using to think of the best solution, but I would like to see variety, I don’t want to keep replaying the battles but with slightly harder enemies I want feats/quests that change as I progress

2) loved the battle effects, having the damage over time debuffs, the enemy buffs was tricky and cool, the buff effects on sith was cool and felt it changed regular battles into more interesting ones

Overall I still think there’s a lot of room for improvement, but I do think it’s important to point out good ideas when I see them. As a player I want to be challenged but I also want to be rewarded for completing challenges, currently this new game mode does not provide adequate rewards for me to consider it a good new feature to the game since only players who have spent more on the game will be rewarded for having the required amount of relics. All in all, better rewards, mix up the battles themselves a bit and the feats throw in a few cinematics or different backgrounds and I would find this new feature to be very rewarding and a great improvement to the game.
  • Options
    Everyone
  • Options
    Andrashan wrote: »
    The feat of having a minimum gear level is not logical. It would make more sense to have this as "below that gear lvl". This would actually be an interesting challenge. Having feats like "do not use all slots", "have everyone survive" or "use a pure faction" team are good.

Feats are calculated on the server while combat is done on the client. The relic gates rewards big spenders (but not enough to actually encouraging people to spend if they don’t already) and makes it impossible to get rewards in PVE from cheating.

They are still very active in trying to stop cheating - unfortunately that means a bunch a stuff that is impacting the quality of play (relic gates) and other things (disabling of account linking).
  • Options
    Only thing I was disappointed with was the final tier relic requirements for the feats. I think the challenge level and rewards were fine.
  • Options
    Eh, don't try too hard.. I should have just hit auto.
    https://youtu.be/Nf__vuQVq8Y
  • Options
    Treat this like the beta test it is and you all might feel better about it. Loot boxes are easy to modify so do not get hung up on the rewards. They want to see if the mode works first.

I find the mode to be interesting, the auto-DOTs for everyone especially. How to make sure sniper droid targets who you want. Testing different leads to find those that work. Padme worked pretty well.
  • Options
    My Feedback

-When I saw the event timer at 15 minutes, I was worried. Luckily it’s nowhere near necessary to spend that amount of time. It was clear within a few seconds whether I could manage to keep everyone alive or not, and battles lasted a couple of minutes.

-The upper tiers sort of remind me of legendary events. I had to try a few times until I got some rng (at least for the feat requiring your full team to stay alive, whatever it’s called).

-I was 1 relic level short of meeting the requirements for “5 r5 Sith”, so I couldn’t get those rewards. But my team won easily anyway (4x r5 +1 r4)

-The difficulty is not crazy high like LSGeo, or assault battles tier 3

- The rewards are poor and certainly not worth losing sleep over if I can’t complete some of the feats. They also aren’t enough to tempt me into gearing toons just for this (also like assault battles)

-My theory: if this is a “beta test”, perhaps they want to see how many players complete the top feats before re-working the rewards (ie. if too many players can complete them, the rewards would be reduced)
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    My Feedback

-When I saw the event timer at 15 minutes, I was worried. Luckily it’s nowhere near necessary to spend that amount of time. It was clear within a few seconds whether I could manage to keep everyone alive or not, and battles lasted a couple of minutes.

-The upper tiers sort of remind me of legendary events. I had to try a few times until I got some rng (at least for the feat requiring your full team to stay alive, whatever it’s called).

-I was 1 relic level short of meeting the requirements for “5 r5 Sith”, so I couldn’t get those rewards. But my team won easily anyway (4x r5 +1 r4)

- The rewards are poor and certainly not worth losing sleep over if I can’t complete some of the feats. They also aren’t enough to tempt me into gearing toons just for this (also like assault battles)

-My theory: if this is a “beta test”, perhaps they want to see how many players complete the top feats before re-working the rewards (ie. if too many players can complete them, the rewards would be reduced)

Reduce the rewards? The rewards are already junk lol. That would be a new low, even for CG to scale junk rewards back even more lol
  • Options
    Personally I think it’s lame. All the challenge tiers are easy except the one where you get actual decent rewards. That one is impossible. You need g13, r7’s, t 7 mods to even compete in it.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    My Feedback

Reduce the rewards? The rewards are already junk lol. That would be a new low, even for CG to scale junk rewards back even more lol

Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

I meant that maybe the rewards are slated to be improved, but they may scale back on how much they improve them by based on the beta results.

The current junk rewards are a placeholder so they don’t give out more than they want during the bests period. And also so that they look like they are acquiescing to us when they do improve them.

Again, just a theory.
  • Options
    Was surprisingly fun not having the ability to use a full Relic Sith team for the last three battles. That's on me, but from a common sense perspective the rewards for completing an R5, G13-required feat are very weak.
  • Options
    Whole thing needs to go back to the drawing board imo. Not even going to focus on the terrible rewards. The gameplay and design is boring and unimaginative. It’s literally a reskinned, but less fun, assault battle with some uninspired feats and a single wave of enemies.

The excuses about it being an exhibition don’t address the issue that the entire structure of the game mode is bad.

I had hoped for something closer to a single player grand arena, or an improved galactic war. Multiple paths to take against different teams to reach greater reward tiers as you progress over a week, not the same battle 7 times in a row with escalating damage and hp.
  • Options
    1) Rewards are total Garbage. Why can't you give the players meaningful rewards? Its sad yall can't reward the player base ever.

2)*****Make modifiers something that can be toggled off and on so it can be more like sandbox mode for testing more realistic situations.

3) 7 days is WAYYY too long. 1 or 2 days is long enouh. The rewards are trash so they need to be received daily before they are even as good as a pot to **** in. Im not gonna play this for 7 days and I'm not gonna relic my last Sith toon needed to 5 just for a couple pieces of gear I can farm energy 1 refresh.

Give us some "malak likec events. Something with puzzles, something fun and worth playing, or give us toggled modifiers so we can practice against similar teams.

I am so disappointed CG how did this take the better part of a year to role out! Its nearly copied and paste. At least give us good rewards and people will over look the other crap more. Please don't let us all down CG. Show you care about the players and your game!!!
  • Options
    We all want to love and play your game. Help us do that! Help us enjoy the rage we get from getting sniped turn one or losing with 1 enemy in the red. Give us something worthwhile.
    15-50 Stun guns, carbantis, stun cuffs,comlinnks, relic matts, fully crafted gear!

We will always need to buy more gear dont worry about losing money. Even friggin whales with 100k in the game still need gear, so reward the players for being loyal and making your studio mad money.

Please come through guys.
  • Matu
    46 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Indeed, rewards are bad, give us fully crafted gear or something. Also new currency for gear and new characters? And yes, 7 days is way too much!!! 2 or max 3 days is good enought, everybody should able to do it by then or if you cant then you cant, giving extra days wount help. We wanna do every day something new and 7 days same event is not that.
    Post edited by Matu on
  • Options
    So what do i do with it now? Just sit and look at the icon for the next 5 days?
    Its as bad as that hyperdrive icon they insist on leaving on
  • Options
    Monomer wrote: »
    I had hoped for something closer to a single player grand arena, or an improved galactic war. Multiple paths to take against different teams to reach greater reward tiers as you progress over a week, not the same battle 7 times in a row with escalating damage and hp.
    This neatly describes the kind of thing I had in mind too. And it's the kind of thing you can see in other games. Yes, we're all quite invested in SWGoH, and many are Star Wars fans, but I think CG is taking that for granted. Even the sunk cost fallacy has limits. I have addictively played at least 4 mobile games over the past 7-8 years, and at this rate there will be a 5th soon.
  • Options
    The disappointment level is staggering

Not even going to discuss the lame rewards, that’s been done enough.

This was as bad as the GL events. CG just cut and paste the same team for 7 tiers. No variety at all. This was 15 mins of game time for a event that was promised to give us something to do everyday. Sooooo I’m supposed to fight the same GG team over and over and over and over for 6 days? Even if this was a 2 day event.... I don’t think there’s enough replay value in it at all.

Does anyone there even play this game? The least you could have done was have the mode select random separatists so we’d get some variety.

And the modifiers? Yeah watching my Darth Vader die from all DOTs halfway through MM was super fun.

Replay value... that is what your customers are begging for, and this is what we get. Welp 5 more days of looking at the same GG team.

Would it have been really any more work to cut and paste PVP arena to make a guild arena with no rewards??? Ya know sandbox mode?

I know this is the test run, but this is just plain poor.
  • Options
    My recommendation is turn this series of challenges into a true game mode - "Galactic Conquest". Hopefully it would be pretty easy. Give us a galactic map highlighting all locations, enemy units & modifiers, and let us conquer the entire galaxy at our leisure rather than wait for a full set of challenges to roll around over an extended time period, and we could earn the feats along the way...

It can be a basic conquest map (with similar look as journey guide maybe) with access to all planned planets, enemy, and squad modifiers at round launch. Ideally, it is open for the week to continually try your hand at the most intriguing puzzles for your roster set by the devs for the week. By releasing all planets at once and picking and choosing challenges most relevant to your roster and goals, you don't watch weeks go by with less than optimal rewards...idea being rewards and engagement would be more steady, even if per planet rewards needed to be rebalanced to a lower quantity or perhaps fixed quantity over chance quantity (side note, reward quality has room for improvement).

Or it can be a linear conquest map, where beating Separatists on Tatooine immediately unlocks the Separatist player modifier on Kamino vs. Galactic Republic. And so on...

Or the map could be non-linear where squads previously faced (example beating Seps on Tatooine) determine the player modifier for the next planet choice (possibly Dathomir containing NS or Kamino with GR), and thus the player needs to decide which planet and enemy plays nicest with the just "conquered" player bonus (which would ideally tie into feats at either location), while also comparing the bonus to their roster at large. Perhaps subsequent planets already had prebuilt squad modifiers for the feats and players can choose a squad that either meets those feats or they can pull modifiers from a "bank of conquests" they save up. But then there is also the strategy of which planets and paths are worth taking due to their "conquest" modifier...is it worth taking multiple paths, etc. I think engagement opportunity and strategy start to open up most with a non-linear map format.

To add even more challenge, consider a character lock once you successfully complete the selected level with whatever squad was chosen to bring into the battle (infinite replay at any tier level until a victory essentially). Locking a random squad of powerhouse GLs or mismatched characters may have gained great rewards early on, but could be a hinderance down the road based on map layout and roster and force you to chose lower levels or mismatch a squad again to continue forward. The lockdown implementation also helps prevent a clean sweep of all planetary puzzles that would be released at once under a conquest model mode. And the lockdown could potentially allow more reward scale outside of feats by limiting chances of a clean sweep even for the greatest rosters.

Anyway, just my thoughts.
  • Matu
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Treat this like the beta test it is and you all might feel better about it. Loot boxes are easy to modify so do not get hung up on the rewards. They want to see if the mode works first.

I find the mode to be interesting, the auto-DOTs for everyone especially. How to make sure sniper droid targets who you want. Testing different leads to find those that work. Padme worked pretty well.

Guess some programmer here? :smiley:
  • Options
    Who else thought galactic challenge were a little disappointing?

I just went in with no expectations, you can't be disappointed if you don't have any expectations.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Options
    AwazawA wrote: »

2) The gear requirement as one of the feats is not good at all, it would have made sense if the feat was to only use sith but to put sith at relic 3 and 5 etc. makes it so that even though myself and other players of a lower gear requirement defeat the challenge using only sith we are punished for not having them at a high enough relic, don’t punish players for no reason, this is supposed to be a challenge not a punishment for having lower gear characters.

This, to me is the most important issue. Having a recommended gear level would be fine. Having a required gear level to get rewards is ridiculous. If you can beat the tier with less than the recommended gear level, you should receive the rewards, (which need to be significantly better btw).

For the record; 7 days is too long for me. 2-3 days would be fine.
  • Options
    Who else thought galactic challenge were a little disappointing?

I just went in with no expectations, you can't be disappointed if you don't have any expectations.

I expected it to be unimpressive and it hit the mark perfectly.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    6) Modifiers are interesting in theory not noticible in play

If the battle lasts long enough, the dots from sandstorm are super noticable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Day 3 of exciting new content. 4 more days to go. I think we have flattened the curve of player participation by now.

Why was this event set at 7 days duration? I really can't think of a single reason it should run for 7 days... Anyone?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Day 3 of exciting new content. 4 more days to go. I think we have flattened the curve of player participation by now.

Why was this event set at 7 days duration? I really can't think of a single reason it should run for 7 days... Anyone?

This is in the data collection stage along with feedback from the playerbase.

Game play and interactions statistics and what not are hard metrics to grab. By allowing the game mode to play out in a "stress free" situation they get a baseline value that they can use to compare to values they then get from shorter duration runs, which that have planned and outlined in the post.
  • Options

Not quite done with the next challenge and using this week to tweak it?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Game play and interactions statistics and what not are hard metrics to grab. By allowing the game mode to play out in a "stress free" situation they get a baseline value that they can use to compare to values they then get from shorter duration runs, which that have planned and outlined in the post.

I hope your right here and the 7 days is just to get data from people who don't play daily... Don't really agree that making it a 1 or 2 day event would add any amount of stress. It's literally a series of single battles that all end very quickly. If people feel stressed out over not having enough time to complete or play it then it's likely a pre existing condition and not stress from this event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I hope your right here and the 7 days is just to get data from people who don't play daily... Don't really agree that making it a 1 or 2 day event would add any amount of stress. It's literally a series of single battles that all end very quickly. If people feel stressed out over not having enough time to complete or play it then it's likely a pre existing condition and not stress from this event.

I know it may hard to see this not from the top end where many of us sit, but there are players out there who dont have the right teams and characters to try and make this work. Some actually have to(ot want to) try different strategies. Not every player can just add 30 mins of game play to their day at the drop of a hat.

The timing you think is ok, may not be ok for others and for them to get or see this data they have to walk in with much less of an assumption about the situation.