Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Solus_Imperius
    232 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Did you read the part where they said the changes would come later not instantaneously?
    Take a deep breath and be patient.
  • Still extremely lazy to have the exact same feats two weeks running.
    An exhibition should showcase what you can do and create hype not just be as bland as possible with a promise it will be better once it’s over.
    An exhibition should showcase what you can do and create hype not just be as bland as possible with a promise it will be better once it’s over.

I think it's a data gathering and feedback exercise. Let's see what later iterations are like.
  • For data and feedback they should have an absurd number of feats without rewards to show off what they can do. Then they can actually collect data. With the same nothing absolute minimal gear required feats for 6 weeks straight what data can they possibly collect?
  • "What data can they possibly collect?"

Player engagement and the drop off of player activity. I.E. how long to run the Galactic Challenges for. If engagement is minimal on day 4 then it would probably make little sense to run it for longer than that.

Feedback has already been acknowledged.

Beyond that I don't know.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    This just needs the "have x level/relic y type of toons" removed.

Peoples rosters don't contain 5 x G12 or 5 x R5 of all the factions.

• Liklik113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    U know im hearing alot of noise about the rewards and ofcourse there should be coz those feats were an insult. The fact that cg needs feedback for that shows how much they are testing the waters of what we're willing to accept which is so dirty. I'm still **** that this is suppossed to be "new content". THIS IS ASSAULT BATTLES!!. Are u going to tell me that no one at Capital Games said " Yeh so similar to assault Battles this is". Look CG Enough. And stop this crap of the player base will always complain. Look u ****, i run a business and if i throw a bone to my customers for somwthing they really ask for then i get applause for that. U guys the majority of the player base asks for something so u say no we'll do it our way which is crap.

Communication is a good thing. Don't ruin it for everyone.

Ruining what? Communication? Thats his job. We basically pay for crumb to do that. Is this what the swgoh community has become. Pathetic!! Look in past posts. Every 4 months we get some miniscule piece of info from cg and u get guys like Ahnold going in the corner and having a toss. No wonder they can get away with so much. We praise mediocrity. It costs as much to get 2 gear pieces as buying a tripple A title like ghosts of tsushima. Nothing will change because people are content with scraps.

Just don’t do this. I’m sure they are working hard on this, and you can’t really compare nowadays to 4 months ago when this tool didn’t exist. The fact they even replied and noticed our feedback after a week shows they are willing to listen and care about the community. Again, this is only an exhibition and you can’t say “Nothing will change” because Crumb literally made a post saying what will change.
    Also, this is free content we didn’t have before. It costs nothing for us to get these rewards, which will be newer and improved. Better to praise mediocrity than never be satisfied with anything CG does, otherwise why do you still play?

DarthNoscoper#6969
  • It would be nice if there was an animation for the event special so you know why your toons drop dead from full health without warning.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Crystals should be a reward for the last two tiers constantly.

But then then this event seems to be a lot easier than the GG sep event. Didn’t get any of my BH relic’d so didn’t get the rewards so I just use my GL SLKR and FO. Have to say that this is a bit more enjoyable than last one as you control the one shot kill.

Can see that the Fetts and Mando being useful for this.

Greef shards is nice.

Gear rewards are a bit meh. Only useful in the last two tiers but still need relic BH teams. If you can beat the tiers with less than the requirements, should get the rewards as it seems to be much more of a feat.
  • wildnz wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was an animation for the event special so you know why your toons drop dead from full health without warning.

Got to admit, watching r3 Jango just vanish took me by surprise!
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Still extremely lazy to have the exact same feats two weeks running.

I think it's a data gathering and feedback exercise. Let's see what later iterations are like.

Right. They need another week of people telling them that four Mk1 stun guns for a flawless victory at the highest tier is garbage, for it to sink in?
  • I don't see much strategy with this Global Ability. It seems to be a case of "are you lucky enough to have it at 100% at the start of one of your turns?". If the opponent gets it, you lose. *shrugs*
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    mickyluv wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Still extremely lazy to have the exact same feats two weeks running.

Right. They need another week of people telling them that four Mk1 stun guns for a flawless victory at the highest tier is garbage, for it to sink in?

Evidently not because they’ve already addressed the rewards but they also stated that they’re going to let the exhibition run as is so they can collect all the necessary data and feedback before making changes to the game mode as a whole instead of one thing at a time
  • Csharpmao
    48 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Illanous wrote: »
    Minor Bug Report!

The Feats do not count a team of 4 including ARC trooper as undersized. I guess it counts the turret as a toon too.

I reported it (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Missing-undermanned-feat-rewards-in-Galactic-challenge/m-p/9420086#M41938)
    But EA seems to think this is WAI.

Edit : link
  • Bug or am I missing an event mechanic?
    When I use an undersized squad Hermit Yoda will eventually (3rd turn?) do his basic and disappear. It costs me the flawless and “encourages” me to replay the event at least :)
  • Gouj4 wrote: »

Evidently not because they’ve already addressed the rewards but they also stated that they’re going to let the exhibition run as is so they can collect all the necessary data and feedback before making changes to the game mode as a whole instead of one thing at a time
    Do you really think they already don't have enough data to tell that rewards are crap? Why not use the exihibition run to also test different rewards, instead of tweaking the rewards in the end with a highly good chance to disappoint the community again.
  • Insta-kill is lazy. I confess I didn't deserve to 3* this battle. On the other hand, I would have survived my previous try without the enemy insta-killing my toons one after the other. Lazy ability. In the previous GC, there was a droid with insta-kill, now it's an event ability... What a lack of imagination.
  • Csharpmao
    48 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Insta-kill is lazy. I confess I didn't deserve to 3* this battle. On the other hand, I would have survived my previous try without the enemy insta-killing my toons one after the other. Lazy ability. In the previous GC, there was a droid with insta-kill, now it's an event ability... What a lack of imagination.

At least, this time it's an event ability, and its usage is shared. So if you use it, it resets it also for the enemies. This can lead to some strategies.
    If they want insta-kills, this one is way better than the Siper-Droid one.

Edit : spelling
  • Kind of repeating myself but i dont get the hype about the "location" of the event. I did not understand tatooine (was it for the sandstorm or has it additional purpose as well??) and now i dont understand the deathstar either. GG was not on Tatooine, GAT was not on the deathstar. These pieces dont feel connected to me. If we go with Tatooine = sandstorm DS = instakill then i say this is more than underwhelming.

Also CG keeps using the word "exhibiton" and i am starting to get an idea that it means something totally different to them as to me.

Not gonna touch the rewards at all bc that has been adressed and we do know that a new currency is likely to come, but the whole event is a huge letdown to me with all of its 10 minutes of duration and my expextations werent exactly high in the first place.
  • Are the difficulty swings between events always going to be this extreme. It took me so many tries to get short handed on tier 7 last time, I got it first try this time. 501st without arc just stomp this event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Are the difficulty swings between events always going to be this extreme. It took me so many tries to get short handed on tier 7 last time, I got it first try this time. 501st without arc just stomp this event.

this is probably more to do with the team and the modifiers than "the event" itself. some teams are just better at PvE content than others, and will be able to deal differently with the modifiers.

In short, yes each event will be different, which is most likely what will be "adjusted" with different modifiers, or addressed in future feats. I'm excite to see how this evolves.
    They said before the exhibition even started that the main thing they wanted to find out was how long these should run. So far they did seven days, now they're doing fewer.
    Lozsta wrote: »
    This just needs the "have x level/relic y type of toons" removed.

Peoples rosters don't contain 5 x G12 or 5 x R5 of all the factions.
    I think the point is to reward people who have worked on specific factions. So you won't have g13 of everything, but if you put the effort into Bounty Hunters now you have some tangible rewards for that choice beyond being able to sim Heists harder 😝. These first two events have been with fairly popular factions, though... So hopefully the live events are with more niche factions that incentivise people to stray from some golden meta guide.

But also keep in mind they're adjusting the ratio so you get more rewards for finishing the event with any team and are less dependent on the Stay on Target feat.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I am now of the opinion that 1 day is long enough.

In its current form i just 3 starred everything and got all but the BH tier 5 and up challenges.

My BH team is gear 12 except for bossk at r5. They get run over by tier 5. So thats as far as they go.

SLKR runs over this event, so the rest is done.

I dont need multiple days to do these tasks, i either have the gear check or i dont and all the time in the world doesnt make those rewards worth gearing to get.

In its current state and challenge, 2 days is too long.... 7 is brutally long
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Id also add that if these tools allow you to make changes super fast, i think perhaps you should be tweaking these as you go and fine tuning our experience.

What more feedback can you get from here. 7 days is too long, rewards arent worth it, challenge is not fun but frustrating at times.

I guess perhaps you get some people who didnt have sith reliced but do have BH this time... maybe.

But why prolong the exhibition if you know what the feedback will be each time
  • I believe that the extra days are to give people a chance to gear up more and possibly spend more. If you are 1 bh short from having the full team r5 maybe you will breakdown and spend after 5 days looking at the event.
  • Not worth the time it takes to play. Terrible rewards. Stupid requirements. Bounty hunters for the death star? Really?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I believe that the extra days are to give people a chance to gear up more and possibly spend more. If you are 1 bh short from having the full team r5 maybe you will breakdown and spend after 5 days looking at the event.

Doubt it. Not after 5 days.

If it ran 1 day for 7 events in a month. Youd know you either relic it now or wait till next time

Rewards still arent good enough to payoff your scenario in iys current state.

Its 7 days because its an exhibition.... but why after the last 7 day one. Tools make it easy to fine tune right... so fine tune it
  • Should have been Jawas.