Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I believe that the extra days are to give people a chance to gear up more and possibly spend more. If you are 1 bh short from having the full team r5 maybe you will breakdown and spend after 5 days looking at the event.

According to swgoh.gg less than 1% of all players even have 5 relic'd BH - let alone have 4 at R5. And CG knew that when they set up the event. I doubt that's why.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Noticed i cant check the enemy teams stats. Can that be added?

Example my BH squad is mostly gear 12 with not much gear added to that.

I see tier 5 requires gear 12 in the feat, but the team im facing is red... meaning relic. But what relic?

I didnt care last round due to having an r7 sith squad, so i didnt notice this one.

Can we look at the squad we are facing here?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Sandstorm and the voltage thing on this one need an annimation.

When opponent uses todays voltage, your character just dies and you have no visual clue what just happened

Also event power button needs to appear next to attacks not next to passives and contact payout.

Perhaps have it highligt when its ready to use like GL ultimate abilities do
  • I have a question. If the event lasts 2-3 days, is the next event going to start after the 2nd (or 3rd) day, or is it starting after a week anyway?
    If we have to wait a week anyway, they might as well leave the event there the whole week.
  • I have a question. If the event lasts 2-3 days, is the next event going to start after the 2nd (or 3rd) day, or is it starting after a week anyway?
    If we have to wait a week anyway, they might as well leave the event there the whole week.

As it stands, it still has nearly 7 days left to run. Then a new one starts (Malachor) next week.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I have a question. If the event lasts 2-3 days, is the next event going to start after the 2nd (or 3rd) day, or is it starting after a week anyway?

Obviously they have not ironed out all the details, but they have been making this sound like it will be back to back.

They may have breaks between sets (of 6 or how many ever events we end up seeing), but it seems like the events when running will be back to back.
  • I think the frequency of the challenges is the biggest problem. We don't need 7 days for each challenge. If they did a new challenge every day, the rewards would be solid. It would be worth gearing up for challenges if each one happened twice a month, but not once every 3 months.
  • Disagree, two days seems the best option, for people that can't spend too much time on the game. For example, time spent on a day that i need to attack on ga, i barely have time to look at events, and had to lose some because of their length(the bh vs rebels event for example).

I Can partially see where you are coming from, but should people that can play 7 days a week, and want to play 7 days a week be punished because some people can only play a couple times?

Also:
    COMPLETELY disagree.

We already have a name for 1-day Galactic Challenges. They're called "events". They can make more events if they want, I'm not stopping them, but as you've said...
    They have emphasized daily content

There are a ton of people who would like to be able to play more on the weekend (or whatever is their best time of the week) but don't need another do-or-die chore with a 24-hour deadline. Galactic Challenges was from the start designed to be multiday so that you can pick the day that works best for you.

They only reason to shorten the time frame to a single day is if you expect that means they'll suddenly design 7x the number of GalChallenges and give you 7x the rewards.

That's not going to happen. They're going to choose the total reward level based on player feedback and game balance. And they're going to do that having done the math on Per Challenge x Challenges per (Time Period) x (Time periods per year).

If they become daily, they'll slice the rewards by 7. And we won't have any freedom to play more when we want without being compelled to get a few minutes of gaming in when our kid wants a bedtime story.

No, we have events. We have lots and lots of 24-hour deadline things to do. This finally gives players options to schedule their play for when they can enjoy it. Revel in it, and don't delude yourself that they're suddenly going to have the programmer time to develop 7x as many challenges just because they gave you less time to complete each one.

Use your heads, people.

I think this is a little too personal for you, reread your response it seemed very emotional (bedtime stories, use your heads, people).

I understand that tonnes of people cant play all the time and struggle to do what they can, I am a university student and when I am on school term i struggle to get my dailies done for my guild, but when I am on a work term I am bored with no content to play. On the same level that 'Tonnes of people only play on a schedule', Tonnes of people are bored with nothing to do, and that is the unbiased truth.

For people that do have the time to play we are lucky if we get assault battles because most daily events are auto-sims or just plain simable (Omega, mystic challenge 1, Ghosts of dathomir, the ewok walker event, etc...)

Also I see nothing wrong with CG giving us 1/7 what they would have given us per week in a per day format, also galactic challenges were made by design to be fun daily re-playable content that allows the player to utilize their entire roster (CG's Words).

With respect to the programmer having the time to program 7x the content, firstly I am a programmer and it is possible and should take no longer than a week to produce 7 challenges, and then 1 week of debugging and beta testing, but without that being the point they already have several different Galactic Challenges that they can recycle:
    Date Planet Enemy Player Modifier
    08/12 - 08/18 Tatooine Separatist Sith
    08/19 - 08/25 Death Star Empire Bounty Hunter
    08/26 - 08/28 Malachor Old Republic Rebel
    08/29 - 08/31 Takodana First Order Empire
    09/01 - 09/02 Jakku Resistance Old Republic
    09/03 - 09/04 Kamino Galactic Republic Separatist

I think the 36 hour model is fair, and 2 days is too much; and to add context on the same note that I think that it should be 24 or 36 hours, I also believe if you win a higher tier challenge you should not have to repeat it in a lower tier, and I think this can be said for the assault battles as well so people don't have to waste their time auto-ing through an event.
  • I don’t mind the beat with 5 ‘faction’ feat...
    however I definitely do NOT appreciate the gear requirements on these...
    just beat with 5 ‘faction’ please...
    recommended gear x is more than sufficient....
    The opportunity for challenging a player is automatically forfeited in this requirement as we cannot even attempt beyond the gear gate...
    The point is... a hard gear-wall is just not a well suited for a rapid change event requirement, imo

If I can almost beat it with the required 5 of ‘faction’, I’m going to gear them up if the rewards are enticing, but in order to gear up for rewards, I’d be looking for zeta mats or similar payout, perhaps something like ‘universal character shards’, but even so would need to know that the event with the same ‘faction’ requirement would repeat every few weeks, monthly at the least frequent....

I simply couldn’t justify gearing up any mediocre faction for nominal rewards, I have 273 bajillion meta characters to grind shards and gear and mods and relics for, if these rewards are not a relevant and SIGNIFICANT aid towards such end game progression it’s just an non-simable ‘TAC gear challenge’...

In other words... net GAIN by accomplishing x feats, my meta roster is going substantially benefit MORE than if I had placed gear etc. on the meta directly... or bust....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Any chance we could get some realistic teams to face?

I understand it's supposed to be a challenge...well...because the name and stuff. But how about either realistic comps, or enemies that don't have insta-kill specials (outside of the ones that actually do for us), or enemies that don't get to 3-4 times more often than our own character who have 300+ speed?

Throw us a bone here - either realistic battles, decent rewards or non-gated feats. Something. All 3 would be great, but at this point, any one of the 3 would be fine. This is horribly unfun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 1. Better rewards to give incentive to do these
    2. Lower the days available
    3. Create feats that can be done in one battle minimum, not two. With 7 battle tiers that have feat requirements of Undersized Squad vs Full Squad, that means a minimum of 14 battles to go through. Feels like a chore.
    4. They're interesting but not that fun. I could be fine with other features, like mods for ships or having you even out the playing field of strength (non metas need incentive to gear up, metas are just too powerful so GP doesn't really matter, for instance I've had a 130,000+ team lose to a team that is barely over 100,000. With ships my 430,000 gp fleet all 7* has lost to 350,000 team that wasn't even all 7*)
    5. Make the prizes less confusing on the bottom row, maybe section them out so it's more obvious which prizes are from winning for the first time and which are from each feat
    6. Differentiate power between tiers 5, 6, & 7. The enemies all look to be the same relic level between those tiers
  • Darkhelmet1641
    45 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    This.

Is.

Not.

Fun.

Does anyone of the devs actually play this game.

GC #2 and hard fail #2. I don’t even care about the rewards.

But same cut an paste team for 7 tiers. How about randomizing from a certain faction. I’m done with this event and now I have to look at it for another 6 days. I really don’t want to fight the exactly same team comp for 7 tiers. How about some variety?? It’d be really really nice to fight different teams based on the tier or even have it randomized every attempt.

Can we stop with the insta type kills.... the DOTs on my sith weren’t fun.... seeing my r7 bossk just disappear isn’t fun. Btw, no animation at all???? Really??? He just goes away?? The level of laziness from CG is unreal.

The potential here is good, but the let down and disappointment huge. You spent so much time hyping and building this, a guild arena or guild GAC would have been 10,000 times better. Since effort isn’t the word of the day, you don’t even have to program rewards. We’d just like to play against our friends cuz, fun.
    Post edited by Darkhelmet1641 on
  • ToJ85
    27 posts Member
    People at CG be like...

cvsewqm48vgv.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Csharpmao wrote: »

[*] Find another way to make fights challenging than insta-kills and preloaded TM
    [/list]

This needs to be feedback on every event in this game.

Insta kill and preloaded TM are by far the lamest way to create challenge. Its not challenge at all its making the other team have an advantage the player can never overcome except by gearing to survive or playing down a character.

CG stop that now.

In fact when you finish changes here, go fix that in assault battles.

just one clarification, not that it is a huge difference but we should keep in mind that sniper droid gets a bonus turn not preloaded TM.

so we can't overcome it, but we can..... gearing tanks or other characters to survive, is a strategy. I will agree that having to restart a few times because he can ignore taunt kind of breaks the point of a pretaunting tank (which is strategy too), is not great game play and thats the part that could be changed.

not that it makes a huge difference but which ability gives him a bonus turn?
    or is the translation of the modifier soooo off?

I was wrong. Jts not a bonus turn or TM loading. Hes just really fast.
  • Relatively new player, though I did get the Hyperspace bundle to speed me on my way. This 2nd iteration prompted me to provide feedback and it really just comes down to disliking the gear gate. For me, it’s just a huge turnoff, almost motivating me to not even bother with playing GC. It in 0 way motivates me to “gear up”; instead it just irritates me to not wanting to bother. Having a faction feat is cool and challenging and I enjoy that aspect. The gear gate just ticks me off.

That being said, remove the gear gate and shorten the length and I’ll dig it. Being able to take multiple stabs at the different tiers with different squads without being rushed is nice. The modifiers are wild and add a fun wrinkle. Rewards can be better, but 2nd round was better. I can see this being a really successful weekend type of thing, when I have time to play and can really mess around in it.
  • - crystals will be removed from the rewards in all challenges
    - Malachor (Rebel) will give 3 and 5 shards of CLS
    - Takodana (Empire) will give 3 and 5 shards of Vader
    - Jakku (Old Republic) will give 3 and 5 shards of JKR
    - Kamino (Separatist) will give 3 and 5 shards of GG
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I really wish the different tiers were different enemies. For the seps gc we could have had a tier with geos and one with nute lead and such. It would be a neat way to see the different teams and leads in action. For empire their could be a Vader tier, a palp, tier, a thrawn tiers, and so forth. So many factions have different leaders it would be great to face them all. Heack look at geotb every time you do a battle you face someone random, random enemies in gc could be a way to spice things up a bit so your are not facing the same team 7 times.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I really wish the different tiers were different enemies. For the seps gc we could have had a tier with geos and one with nute lead and such. It would be a neat way to see the different teams and leads in action. For empire their could be a Vader tier, a palp, tier, a thrawn tiers, and so forth. So many factions have different leaders it would be great to face them all. Heack look at geotb every time you do a battle you face someone random, random enemies in gc could be a way to spice things up a bit so your are not facing the same team 7 times.

Bingo 👍👍
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Alright feedback for the bounty hunters/thrawn imp troop event/exhibition.

The rewards feel better. I like the greef shards, but I still don't like the feats gate keeping. I don't feel much incentive to go and do the under sized squad feat at all. Currancy would increase that dramatically, especially if there were "exclusive" characters in the gc shop. But the cohesive and dare I say progressive increase to the shards felt good (5, 7, and 10 would have felt better). But uh well I've got 4/5 bhs at g12 no relics. So I'm out. The stuff that I could do that offered desirable rewards is behind a relic gate that I'm not gonna waste any time on.

I wanna go back to the greef and sith trooper shards. This reward appeals to me. The big appeal is they are characters I still need to progress on and are more modern. Also they might be kinda niche. And I like niche characters. I also like more characters, you guys replaced my physical star wars figure collection. More dollies please. I would like more niche dare I say non meta characters. Say ponda boba or dr evezan, no one would expect them to be meta. Could they make a cool 3s scoundrel team with nest? Yeah why not? Should they be galactic legends? I mean someone could argue that, but no probably not. Being galactic challenge exclusive long haul currancy farms tho? Yeah sounds like the perfect place for that instead of marquee to node. Seems like a good place to introduce and showcase neat units that cause their squads to work a little differently but not inherently "better" or "more effectively".

That being said the imp team was way more interesting to fight then the previous team. But I think there's room for improvement if we had a random unit spot that could be any variety of unused faction tag units. Maybe instead of always veers, Vader/Tarkin/ISP droid or any other empire unit shows up. Or if not random a preset variety of characters that synergize with the featured team. Which could tie in with showcasing and promoting units like I mentioned in the last paragraph. For me at least it would really drive up the replay ability especially if for example Vadar was a very low spawn chance and defeating that team unlocked some sort of cosmetic like a title or portrait. Oh you'd see people farm these for days with rng rewards like that.

Tldr. Better. Still room to grow. I like it more than last time, but it still hasn't made me spend. More characters would help that a lot for me.
  • I thought CG was supposed to have all these "new tools" to make on-the-fly changes easier? I see nothing different than a faction swap and a *slightly* different cheap one-shot mechanic.

I want this event to be great and getting to my stopping point in 5 minutes and then being done is not great. 6 more days of staring at a useless event...
  • 91cfxae8maxh.png

Oh yeah baby, beat T7 of the GC’s and got 6 stun guns....wait...mark 1?! Oh come on!!!!

But in all seriousness @CG_SBCrumb you gotta print this out at the office a thousand times and put it all over whoever’s desk it was that thought these rewards were ok, even for an exhibition. I mean if your player base is beta testing all this stuff for you, the least you could do is compensate us for our time.

Also, it’s been said plenty....one week for these GC’s is waaaaay to long. 2 days seems to be where it should be
  • I used GAS to do the undersized squad feat but didn't get the rewards. Does a summoned unit like ARC's turret bring the count back up to 5?
  • I used GAS to do the undersized squad feat but didn't get the rewards. Does a summoned unit like ARC's turret bring the count back up to 5?

Yes it’s a bug from summoned units they’ve intended to fix once the exhibition is over
  • Thanks for the info. 😁
  • Feedback: Make galactic challenges more story/lore related. Since when were separatists involved in tatooine, and bounty hunters should have been rebels for this current galactic challenge. the only galactic challenge that makes sense is separatists vs galactic republic on kamino.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Feedback: Make galactic challenges more story/lore related. Since when were separatists involved in tatooine, and bounty hunters should have been rebels for this current galactic challenge. the only galactic challenge that makes sense is separatists vs galactic republic on kamino.

I'm not an expert, but someone said elsewhere that there was a secret Separatist base on Tatooine, so that would explain why they're the defender. Doesn't really explain why Sith are the intended attacker, though.

That said, you can use any faction to attack, you aren't forced to use BH or Sith. Having lore-appropriate attackers would shoehorn developers--could never do things with minor factions like jawas or tuskens. Could have exactly one setting for ewoks. So while I'd prefer appropriate attackers, I'll settle for appropriate defenders so long as it means I can use any team to attack. (After all, if it's a bunch of empire on the Death Star and I choose to use Resistance I'm going to already be breaking kayfabe.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Yep Brood Alpha wiil spawn Brute and count as 5