Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    eq75glprm9mh.jpeg
    Who did you use? This team completed tier 5 easily and got the no-toon loss feat as well.

I think you exagerate a little bit here. I used same compo but better geared and the no loss part is not that easy, purely rng. If they target zaalbar or mission, there is no way to revive them.

So not that easy. But you can have the tier 5 with that compo
    That's fair. Zalbaar was on yellow health at one stage, so a different attack from the AI would have cost me that feat.

• Options
    eq75glprm9mh.jpeg
    Who did you use? This team completed tier 5 easily and got the no-toon loss feat as well.

Same squad as you but I keep on dying with in taking 1 turn, jkr just dies after 2 turn, they just hit him for 60 to 80k on their basics

Who did you mark first? Simply has to be Finn, I think
  • Options
    eq75glprm9mh.jpeg

I used the same squad and it was ok.

But in the description of the global modifier it says that you can remove 2 types of stackable status effects while there is only one I noticed. But maybe I misunderstood. Or the German translation is bad. Which happens quite frequently.

dzyf7y84tsij.png
  • Options
    h0h9z1iuhk31.jpg

Look at the price tag for something that is in beta testing
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    This whole Galactic Legends event is pathetic trash even for CG's "experimental" explanation. I waited for it so much and I'm very disappointed. Anyway, what does Old Republic bonuses have to do with Resistance? What do Rebels have to do with Old Republic? Bounty Hunters against Empire? Hell, why do we even get OR shards for an event that needs to be done with OR characters? 😂
    Rewards are absolutely joke and you require G12 chars on T5 against relic opponents who nuke you off even with some relic characters. Yeah, RNG, this game should be renamed "Galaxy of RNGs" as everything depends on it! I hate to see what this game has become under the hands of those plums.
    Post edited by Valeran on
  • Options
    eq75glprm9mh.jpeg

Same squad as you but I keep on dying with in taking 1 turn, jkr just dies after 2 turn, they just hit him for 60 to 80k on their basics

Who did you mark first? Simply has to be Finn, I think

I tried both resistance heroes, yet the outcome is the same.

20 attempts later, it worked barely 9hy3zbh233cs.jpg
    Focused Finn and managed to win, all of that for 1 omega, lol I hope they are truly going to fix the rewards
    You and me both mate. If I have time I’ll try again to see if it was blind luck passing it first time.

Don’t have much desire to retry it, though.

I like the concept of the event, but I hope the following changes are made:

1) improved rewards. Ever since the first one ended I’ve just not bothered going for the undersize / no loss thing. The rewards need to be better to make players want to play them

2) remove the gear gated rewards. If someone can beat the souped up teams in t6, t7, why on earth deprive them of the rewards?

I like the switch to shorter timeframes as well. Sort those 2 points and I’m converted.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Is anyone really enjoying this stuff? My answer is NO!!! If my R7 JKR is getting nuked before even taking a turn in level 5 which states G12 is required then forget this garbage!! You gotta do way better than mod salvage and a gray mod to entice me to make a run at these galactic challenges.

I've been having fun trying to beat tier 1 for each challenge with my terrible Jawas, and seeing how far I can get each challenge with my meh rogue one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    gotta say these events are lame. I get up to tier 5. If i cant do it first try, i move onto my top teams to clear tier 5-7 on auto then move on

The rewards are garbage not worth any effort whatsoever
  • Options
    As a "beta tester", my feedback :

positive:
    - specific buff for al event
    - feat to have reward *
    - possibility to play every team we want **

negative:
    - quality of reward : are you stingy?
    - *the same feat ever and ever... Seriously, you give us no new content for month because you work on your update for dev tool to help you to make new content easier and faster. Now you have your tool you can't change the feat on every galactic challenge?
    - ** Fake possibility to play every team we want because the best reward are lock with a specific team where all toon need to be r5.
    - no graduate reward if can go higher than T4 I need reward which help me to succed on T5 next time
  • Options
    I undersized T4 with R4 JKR, G12 Jolee and G12 Bastila, but when I try T5 with An additional G12 Mission and Canderous, I'm getting obliterated... The difficulty jump from 4 to 5 is just plain stupid.
  • NinjaRaven32
    157 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    h0h9z1iuhk31.jpg

Look at the price tag for something that is in beta testing

Its CG what more do you expect?
  • Options
    As I said earlier, Canderous is the MVP here - he will take back to back turns and deal out some major damage thanks to the sweeping strikes buff.

Use JKR to focus on Finn. And have Canderous then go to town - he will get to 10 stacks quickly but consider him a sacrificial lamb. When he dies you should have 3 dead of your opposing team. Use your OR to mop them up.
  • Options
    Did T5 first try with R5 JKR and G12 Bastila + Jolee + Juhani + Zalbaar with all zetas except Zalbaars.
    This is the first GalChal i actually really enjoy as both sides have noticeable and useful bonuses and the debuff is something to keep an eye on but no real game changer. You just need a good understanding of your team and the enemies. Focus on Finn first and Poe second and you're good to go.
    Pro tip: You don't need to do the "Underdog" and "Don't lose anyone" feats with OR, just use any team you like.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Is anyone really enjoying this stuff? My answer is NO!!! If my R7 JKR is getting nuked before even taking a turn in level 5 which states G12 is required then forget this garbage!! You gotta do way better than mod salvage and a gray mod to entice me to make a run at these galactic challenges.

Weirdly enough, if your R7 JKR dies before taking a turn in level 5, maybe mods and mod salvage are exactly what you need ;)
  • Options

I like the concept of the event, but I hope the following changes are made:

1) improved rewards. Ever since the first one ended I’ve just not bothered going for the undersize / no loss thing. The rewards need to be better to make players want to play them

2) remove the gear gated rewards. If someone can beat the souped up teams in t6, t7, why on earth deprive them of the rewards?

I like the switch to shorter timeframes as well. Sort those 2 points and I’m converted.

It is not about bragging but i literally finished the event under 15 minutes. I am locked out of t6-t7 gear-gated feats, and decided to gear up mission for a single omega, as it was not far away from g12.

Under 15 minutes, and that included the repeated runs for undermanning, failing t5 once and and t7 3 times, and clearing every possible feats that i was eligible for.

This event is absolutely underwhelming for me, but the worst one was the Rebel Vs OR part, when it was just a freaking rng-fest.

Anyway, if this event can offer no more than 15 minutes (daily????) then i for one say it was a very bad decision to trade the raid for this.
  • BrashSchwartz
    556 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    jq52e1fgjso7.jpeg

This is my team after the first opening round of T5. R3 Jolee and JKR. G12 Bast. G12 Candorous. G11 Carth.

And I’m back to not attempting any of these GCs. The rewards aren’t worth my time. I already have 200+ of every gear piece they offer. Maybe if we all stop playing these lame events they’ll make meaningful changes.

And I’m back to not commenting on this forum. Been fun to be back for 2 minutes. Unity!!!
  • Options
    Thulsadoom wrote: »
    As I said earlier, Canderous is the MVP here - he will take back to back turns and deal out some major damage thanks to the sweeping strikes buff.

Use JKR to focus on Finn. And have Canderous then go to town - he will get to 10 stacks quickly but consider him a sacrificial lamb. When he dies you should have 3 dead of your opposing team. Use your OR to mop them up.

This is solid advice. And you can actually use other characters to help keep Candy alive by removing the stacks of scorching sun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    jq52e1fgjso7.jpeg

This is my team after the first opening round of T5. R3 Jolee and JKR. G12 Bast. G12 Candorous. G11 Carth.

And I’m back to not attempting any of these GCs. The rewards aren’t worth my time. I already have 200+ of every gear piece they offer. Maybe if we all stop playing these lame events they’ll make meaningful changes.

And I’m back to not commenting on this forum. Been fun to be back for 2 minutes. Unity!!!
    There you go -
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=25JPbk9x4xU
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Other than not using OR, this was the easiest GC thus far. Undermanned 3* all tiers with CLS in about 10 minutes.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yeah I have to say that I'm already kind disappointed with these challenges. The requirements are a bit too high and there is really no incentive to reach the requirements due to the reward structure and your GAC matching system. The bonuses are also pretty meh and leaves out the ability to use this as any sandbox mode at all.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I've been having fun trying to beat tier 1 for each challenge with my terrible Jawas, and seeing how far I can get each challenge with my meh rogue one.

I made it out of tier 2 with 3 of my terrible Jawas still standing.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    These events are a waste of time and boring... I'm just ignoring them now. Devs need to overhaul this big time! rewards are Blah... requirements to get meh rewards are two high. First time the devs released something I have zero incentive / urge to spend time on.
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Mandragon wrote: »
    These events are a waste of time and boring... I'm just ignoring them now. Devs need to overhaul this big time! rewards are Blah... requirements to get meh rewards are two high. First time the devs released something I have zero incentive / urge to spend time on.

agree...my overall feedback is that I've COMPLETELY lost interest in these about 3 events into the exhibition run. I wouldn't even encourage overhauling them and waste any more dev resource on them, just make the rewards waaaay better. They could have saved a lot of effort and just done more Assault Battles, they're okay and Challenge 1 and Challenge 3 rewards are fine too, as in I can get them for 1 and they're worthwhile and don't care that I can't get the meh rewards for 3! :D
    Post edited by Piewalker on
  • Options
    And still w/ the dumb gear gate to disincentivize players from playing. Not bright, CG.
  • Options
    even if the rewards are better, its still boring. It's the same old 1 and done content.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Other than not using OR, this was the easiest GC thus far. Undermanned 3* all tiers with CLS in about 10 minutes.

I did gl rey, gas, kenobi and jedi revan.... 10 minutes sounds about right