Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    3 days might be too long for some but if it isn't running more frequently it doesn't matter how long it runs.

Yeah its a boring mess that could just sit there 7 days soing nothing really
  • Very little to do today. I finished GAC last night. No new GC. I know people will reply that this is not the final version of how GC will run but we have no communication at all to know that or if any further changes are coming. It would be great if they could address a few questions.

What will be the schedule of these events?
    How many can we expect a month?
    Are they still looking for feedback from us?

These are just the big picture questions before the nice to know:
    Can we expect new characters to be included?
    Will there be new location backgrounds?
    Will there be new global effects?

Any post by CG that at least states "we are still working on this" would be nice.
  • Clearly this is still a feedback period because there has been 0 communication and there is no Galactic Challenge right now.

So here's my feedback:

Rotation: If short (2-3 days), please make GCs back to back. There should be no downtime in a daily event with "replayability". If long, please make the event rewards replayable daily. Either way, every day we should have a GC to do based on how you presented it.

Replayability: Make the rewards reset daily. That is all that's needed.

Rewards: Could be better, but adequate imo IF they reset daily. Would've liked those ability mats back too.

Feats/Challenge/Fun: Honestly, had a lot of fun with the last one. Now, that was a rewarding puzzle. I thought it was a stellar job.

Possible Upgrades: Maybe the ability to toggle the environment changes off?

Overall, definitely a step up. But, we need communication. I really don't understand how the interface between developer and audience can be so poor. This community is begging for it and everyone is just dying to be rooting for you guys...

• I just realized it took 6-7 months to go from GA to GAC. I guess we stil have time before enjoying the good stuff Oo
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I just realized it took 6-7 months to go from GA to GAC. I guess we stil have time before enjoying the good stuff Oo

I thought it was a year
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I just realized it took 6-7 months to go from GA to GAC. I guess we stil have time before enjoying the good stuff Oo

I thought it was a year

From Dec 4, 2018 to June 25, 2019. Checked it on Swgoh.help for another post ;)
  • Boy i am glad we have these GC to do daily.... oh wait we dont.

Im only seeing the fleet challenge today.

Im expecting a daily rewarded GC. That means feats reset daily. If thats not the plan then scrap GC and get back to the raid
  • What would be nice would be a list of rewards and a schedule of events whenever they decide on what they plan to do. That would go a long way as far as communication, right now players are basically left in the dark not knowing anything and not getting any response from devs.

Apparently they can make changes easily so not sure what the delay in events or silence is all about but this is pretty common so I'm not really surprised.
  • The next gc has finally leaked so hopefully we hear about it tomorrow.
  • We got a scheduled update post from Crumb yesterday. And it includes:
    1. October Event calendar
    2. Grand Arena Season 11 information
    3. New Sith Emperor and Master Luke requirements
    4. Shard shuffles for Mon Mothma
    5. Fixes
    6. Known issues
    7. New packs

Nowhere in any of the posts yesterday, including the event calendar, was there any mention of Galactic Challenges, In game we can see that a new challenge starts tomorrow. So an update has been pushed for GC. Why not make some mention of it? Why is CG so bad at communicating about this game mode after they hyped this game mode for over half a year?

Are they doing anything with CG? Obviously they are based on seeing another in game. What does it mean? Let the wild speculation being because CG is not contributing to the conversation.
  • I wonder if this one will be much harder then the last one was. I would assume way more people have sith geared then FO, and sith are a much more powerful faction as well.
  • We got a scheduled update post from Crumb yesterday. And it includes:
    5. Fixes
    6. Known issues
    7. New packs

Nowhere in any of the posts yesterday, including the event calendar, was there any mention of Galactic Challenges, In game we can see that a new challenge starts tomorrow. So an update has been pushed for GC. Why not make some mention of it? Why is CG so bad at communicating about this game mode after they hyped this game mode for over half a year?

Are they doing anything with CG? Obviously they are based on seeing another in game. What does it mean? Let the wild speculation being because CG is not contributing to the conversation.

No reason to think this one will be any different than the last 2 running, which is we don't even know if at still test status.
  • Man I was really hoping for some information about tomorrow's gc.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    We got a scheduled update post from Crumb yesterday. And it includes:
    5. Fixes
    6. Known issues
    7. New packs

No reason to think this one will be any different than the last 2 running, which is we don't even know if at still test status.

Seems like more of the same boring thing we had before.

Itll end... most will get the feats they can and then ignore it.

Wasted effort by CG. Not fun, no replayability and if thats an ocean of content.... id hate to see what they think a lack of content is
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    5. Fixes
    6. Known issues
    7. New packs

Wasted effort by CG. Not fun, no replayability and if thats an ocean of content.... id hate to see what they think a lack of content is

I'm not convinced we are past the testing stage. Cg just turtled on it

I expect more meaningful challenge that is also well tuned in the long run. But I don't care about sandbox/replayability aspect either, just cracking it once (or developing towards it) and reaping the rewards on repetition is good enough for me.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    5. Fixes
    6. Known issues
    7. New packs

I expect more meaningful challenge that is also well tuned in the long run. But I don't care about sandbox/replayability aspect either, just cracking it once (or developing towards it) and reaping the rewards on repetition is good enough for me.

Im focussed on the delivering me something to do daily thats fun.

If they dont deliver on that, this is a huge fail in my book.

I, like you, will het my feats and move on.... but thats not how they hyped this
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    5. Fixes
    6. Known issues
    7. New packs

Im focussed on the delivering me something to do daily thats fun.

If they dont deliver on that, this is a huge fail in my book.

I, like you, will het my feats and move on.... but thats not how they hyped this

I don't know about the daily bit, never noticed there was such a promise. Just went and checked announcements for it, the term repeated for it is -regular basis-.
  • Hey anyone else remember that Sith was the first faction we tested in the exhibition mode? So is this different than the first time? If so, is this another round of testing? If I got all the feats before, do I get to do them again? Are there new feats? Use your words, CG. We just want to know what we're doing. Just say "Hey guys, this is still an exhibition and keep giving us feedback." Or alternatively say, "K this is the finished product. No new changes!"

But tell us SOMETHING!!!! The radio silence is frustrating.
  • Add a feat that requires dragging the match out as long as possible, along with a modifier that basically puts a limit on how many turns you can take. Another genius move from CG!
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Add a feat that requires dragging the match out as long as possible, along with a modifier that basically puts a limit on how many turns you can take. Another genius move from CG!

I'm starting to think some people just don't like a challenge. You know you can cleanse the frostbite?
    Add a feat that requires dragging the match out as long as possible, along with a modifier that basically puts a limit on how many turns you can take. Another genius move from CG!

i just wish i had a small progress bar to know when i finished that feat
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

i just wish i had a small progress bar to know when i finished that feat

That's a great idea.
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I couldn’t manage to get the health regen feat in any tier. Nihilus zeta doesn’t work it seems.

Edit: I could mod my Sith for crit avoidance and health and make them slow and minimize damage. I tested a dozen times and the Traya/Sion/Nihilus mechanics simply don’t work. Not worth the time tbh
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

I'm starting to think some people just don't like a challenge. You know you can cleanse the frostbite?

I like a challenge. I don't like pointless annoyance.
    And you can clear it slower than it adds up, which puts a limit on number of turns. I'm starting to think some people just don't like logic.
    UdalCuain wrote: »

And you can clear it slower than it adds up, which puts a limit on number of turns. I'm starting to think some people just don't like logic.

Agree, not to mention after several tries i have no idea how it actually works. Have tried DN lead, Traya Lead, solo one sith with 4 weak sith so they die. And noone proceed it.
  • ShawDou wrote: »

Agree, not to mention after several tries i have no idea how it actually works. Have tried DN lead, Traya Lead, solo one sith with 4 weak sith so they die. And noone proceed it.

I just tried going into tier 1 with lonely Palp and spamming drain while using the thermoregulate as a "do nothing" ability to drag it out. Still nope. Not sure what counts, or even if you have to actually lose the health first.
  • ShawDou wrote: »

thats exactly why i think a progress bar would be nice. its unknown whats helping progress and not progress
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    ShawDou wrote: »

thats exactly why i think a progress bar would be nice. its unknown whats helping progress and not progress

Or at least a post explaining the details, but, y'know, CG...
  • So, I just tried it with lonely Malak to actually lose health from the start, trying to use drain on enemies that won't die from it. Well, they didn't, but they killed themselves by frostbite. All of them. So still nope.