Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    The fact that the puzzle involves having your characters die off in order to solve it, works against everything we have been doing in every other aspect of the game. From a game play perspective, they really are clueless.

Who in their right mind would want to do this daily?!?

I've also been told to remove mods completely. I guess the whole "going against the spirit of the game" thing only matters if CG didn't design it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I don't mind the difficulty nor the "going against the spirit of the game" aspect of this feat, because it's only one feat; some people like a good'ol head stratcher.
    But not being able to know if what you're doing is right is a big turn off. It's like playing Mastermind without key pegs.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The fact that the puzzle involves having your characters die off in order to solve it, works against everything we have been doing in every other aspect of the game. From a game play perspective, they really are clueless.

I've also been told to remove mods completely. I guess the whole "going against the spirit of the game" thing only matters if CG didn't design it.

I doubt they designed it in the traditional sense of the word. A player at the high end should be able to complete all tiers once they "solve the puzzle". In this case knowing what you need to do doesn't even make it work better. Demodding to get low tiers is just a hack we had to come up with since the design was lacking.
  • Options
    I have an expletive laden response for all of the galactic challenges, especially since I have entire r7 teams that just melt in the higher tiers and that’s fckin lame. I’m really sick of CG’s bullsht & making r7 irrelevant. I’ve never played any game in all of my decades that screws over its players as much as swgoh.
  • Options
    So that's it? We're done with the exhibition phase? Honestly, since there has been no communication regarding GCs, we have no idea.

So, if this is actually it's final form, you missed the Mark....again. 3 days is a good length, but they should run back to back (so 10 in a month - not 4). The rewards for once a week a very weak.

The healing feat on the Sith GC was one of the worst ideas and one of the worst implementations I've seen in the game. First off, no progress meter, so players have no idea what's working and how they are doing (which, given the vague explanation of the feat and modifiers would be difficult enough, even with a progress meter). Even once players figured out what "counted" and what didn't, and the best teams to run, at the lower phases, if the "ideal" Sith were too strong, you couldn't complete it. At the higher phase levels (because of the ridiculously high amount of healing that was required), it was not only team-dependent, requiring certain characters at certain levels - but also a complete rng-fest.

In one feat, you managed to capture most of the aspects players don't like about the game - time-intensive, rng-dependent with weak rewards. Amazing....everything you just did with that feat was wrong.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

I doubt they designed it in the traditional sense of the word. A player at the high end should be able to complete all tiers once they "solve the puzzle". In this case knowing what you need to do doesn't even make it work better. Demodding to get low tiers is just a hack we had to come up with since the design was lacking.

And demodding doesnt work in all cases. Not that i need tier 1 at all... but my sith are way too strong to pull off tier 1.
  • Options
    Are galactic challenges daily events? If this was stated by devs it seems odd that they would miss the mark.

That's like a business owner advertising a business as open 7 days a week except weekends.
  • Options
    Amazing....everything you just did with that feat was wrong.

quoting trash movies is not cool man. Otherwise, i agree with you. (The core idea of the healing challenge was good imo but that's it)
  • Options
    Part that bugs me is Wat was the work around. Yes you could get them without Wat, i got 4 of the 7. But having Wat made is much easier. Assuming they just didn't test to allow Wat's heal to preform as someone elses heal but overall, not that great of a feat challenge.
  • Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Part that bugs me is Wat was the work around. Yes you could get them without Wat, i got 4 of the 7. But having Wat made is much easier. Assuming they just didn't test to allow Wat's heal to preform as someone elses heal but overall, not that great of a feat challenge.

Yeah it is funny that the sith healing challenge required a separatist to work.
  • Options
    Wat was definitely a stupid idea imo, but denying the health steal was even more stupid. Saying everything written with green count as heal, but "recover" means you actually have to miss it in the first place would have been a solid ground to hold.

Wat's tech is a little bit philosophical question but if we say this was all WAI then i dont agree with the philosophy.
  • Options
    I like having the Galactic Challenges on a schedule in the October event calendar. I like hearing what feedback the developers are looking for and what forum or platform they are gathering it from. I love knowing we are still in the “test” phase. I really like knowing that the original intent of daily repayable content is still CG’s goal. I like the frequent communication and updates from CG.

Oh wait… we don’t know any of those things.
  • Options
    I like having the Galactic Challenges on a schedule in the October event calendar. I like hearing what feedback the developers are looking for and what forum or platform they are gathering it from. I love knowing we are still in the “test” phase. I really like knowing that the original intent of daily repayable content is still CG’s goal. I like the frequent communication and updates from CG.

Oh wait… we don’t know any of those things.

LOL reading your post I totally thought I had missed some big announcement. The twist at the end got me.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Amazing....everything you just did with that feat was wrong.

quoting trash movies is not cool man.

Neither is injecting opinions about the movie when it's not relevant.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    So when is that new content coming out that will give us the ability to use our entire roster everyday? Asking for a friend. I told him it was GC but he showed me how these aren't every day so it can't be GC.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno if you can ask the devs what the heck is going on with Galactic Changes because they said nothing since the exhibition that would be highly appreciated
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    The exhibition schedule and rewards are better than this current schedule and rewards we have

I wouldn't mind 7-7-3-3-2-2 per month over four 3 day GCs with terrible rewards
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno if you can ask the devs what the heck is going on with Galactic Changes because they said nothing since the exhibition that would be highly appreciated

Was that a typo or an excellent pun?

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    The exhibition schedule and rewards are better than this current schedule and rewards we have

I wouldn't mind 7-7-3-3-2-2 per month over four 3 day GCs with terrible rewards

I can answer for Kyno if you like.

"I asked and they are working on an answer but there's no timetable on when they might be able to provide it. Also this is currently the exhibition season for answers so the frequency of answers may change once they've decided on the final schedule for answers."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    So Galatia Challenges will provide the new materials to slice 6 dot mods to D through A. Any chance we can get a schedule of these challenges? They hyped this game mod for months and then nothing after launching the “exhibition”.
  • Options
    So Galatia Challenges will provide the new materials to slice 6 dot mods to D through A. Any chance we can get a schedule of these challenges? They hyped this game mod for months and then nothing after launching the “exhibition”.

seems like its a launch every friday, last until sunday night, then nothing for 4 days
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

seems like its a launch every friday, last until sunday night, then nothing for 4 days

That seems disappointingly accurate. :/

• Options
    Soooo question. Why is enemy JTR able to dispel deathmark? The in-game description in the event says it can't be dispelled. But she dispelled it every time.
  • Options
    Another question: why is there a feat to not lose a unit when one of your characters is Deathmarked for all of eternity?
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Another question: why is there a feat to not lose a unit when one of your characters is Deathmarked for all of eternity?

Be fast and hard. Its doable.
  • Options

GC seem like the only part of the game where Rey is the best GL. Her ult prevents the deathmark damage. I even did tier 7 undersized and lose no-one feats at the same time with Rey.

GAS lead (enemies will occasionally attack him via his perma-taunt even while Rey has DM.)
    Rex (TM/Rexilate/need a clone for GAS)
    JKL (AoE Stun, hits like a truck, dispel on basic)
    Rey (prot up can tank ~2 DM hits each, fast enough to attack before GAS and take the DM)
  • Options
    Would that not make for a *gasp* challenge?
  • Options
    My DR managed it fine, it’s just... why.
  • Options

Avoid the deathmark by ensuring the enemy always does damage first.

Padme (L), GK, GMY, R2, Plo - use their non attacking specials to avoid deathmark when it's about to be applied.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Soooo question. Why is enemy JTR able to dispel deathmark? The in-game description in the event says it can't be dispelled. But she dispelled it every time.

Magnaguards in the GAS event also say they have a 20% counter chance. We just can't believe anything to be WAI since it's programmed by CG.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg