Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Super easy feat if you have GAS and 501st.
    One of your clones have to go first and get deathmark. As long as GAS is standing they can’t kill the deathmarked character but they will target him a lot leaving GAS to do his thing. If GAS goes down try to pop fives taunt to let them attack him instead of the deathmarked clone. Wait for GAS to get up again. Works fine for undersized team as well without ARC
  • Beat all tiers with GR with little difficulty:

G12 Padmé
    R2 Kenobi
    G12+2 Anakin
    R2 C3PO
    R5 GMY

Tier 7 took about 4 attempts for the right RNG with the opponent's first few moves.

Then went back and did all undermanned and no losses feats with SLKR/KRU/Hux.
  • Jedi knight luke did tier 7 undersized and lose no one at yhe same time. Gas got death marked and went into the red, jkr threw his Saber and everything was fine.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    While the previous puzzle was frustrating (mostly due to unclear rules and shoddy execution), this one was imo a bit too easy. Some middle ground would be the best.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Nauros wrote: »
    While the previous puzzle was frustrating (mostly due to unclear rules and shoddy execution), this one was imo a bit too easy. Some middle ground would be the best.

No... if new mod parts is being tied to this poor excuse for a mode.... it should be stupid easy every time.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

No... if new mod parts is being tied to this poor excuse for a mode.... it should be stupid easy every time.

Yes I just want the rewards make it crazy easy.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Another question: why is there a feat to not lose a unit when one of your characters is Deathmarked for all of eternity?

Avoid the deathmark by ensuring the enemy always does damage first.

Padme (L), GK, GMY, R2, Plo - use their non attacking specials to avoid deathmark when it's about to be applied.

This. Also, if you simply have a fast team, or a lot of stuns/tm reduction, you can do it that way too. There are actually quite a few ways to do the feat. JKR lead Jedi works too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @DarkHelmet1138
    TVF wrote: »
    3 days might be too long for some but if it isn't running more frequently it doesn't matter how long it runs.
    Yeah I agree. I'm even for making the assualt battles available for longer. They only do six a month anyway so they could run them for a week and have some overlap.
    That would allow players to do them at their leisure and make it where we didn't have a Saturday with hardly any events.

...and, BOOM. People are finally saying on page 35 what I said on day 1. Just because you can do it on the day it shows up doesn't mean that you want to do it on the day it shows up.

What this game needs more than anything is a way to shift content to the days you want it. There are many every day players, but some days we're busier than others. Some days we just want to spend time with our kids or our spouses or dates or friends.

Having it run for multiple days is not the same thing as saying you don't want new ones every day. They could release new ones every single day AND have each one last for 30 days if they wanted. You'd just have a lot of overlap, so if you wanted you could do 20 Galactic Challenges in a single weekend when your friends are at a music festival you didn't want to go to.

When everything is daily content - and nearly everything is in this game - you don't have the luxury of playing when you would have the most fun. It becomes a chore instead of a game.

Now, I understand that they want to force you to open the app daily, it keeps people addicted, keeps people invested. There's going to be a certain amount of that, and that's just something we have to tolerate in any game like this.

But there's no reason to fool yourself into thinking that if you only have 6 hours to complete something that this means they'll offer a new one every six hours. Time to complete and frequency of recurrence are not the same thing.

Smart commenters would treat them like separate concepts and would also understand the value of overlapping events and of time-shifting content to the days you have more time and desire for more gaming.
  • I always exit out of my last battle in Galactic War so I can jump into a battle any time of the day. I accidentally countered attacked my opponent and won. Now I have nothing I can play until tomorrow. I don't care about getting the rewards every day, but please make Galactic Challenges back to back so I can always jump into a battle. PLEASE!
  • @DarkHelmet1138
    3 days might be too long for some but if it isn't running more frequently it doesn't matter how long it runs.
    Yeah I agree. I'm even for making the assualt battles available for longer. They only do six a month anyway so they could run them for a week and have some overlap.
    That would allow players to do them at their leisure and make it where we didn't have a Saturday with hardly any events.

...and, BOOM. People are finally saying on page 35 what I said on day 1. Just because you can do it on the day it shows up doesn't mean that you want to do it on the day it shows up.

What this game needs more than anything is a way to shift content to the days you want it. There are many every day players, but some days we're busier than others. Some days we just want to spend time with our kids or our spouses or dates or friends.

Having it run for multiple days is not the same thing as saying you don't want new ones every day. They could release new ones every single day AND have each one last for 30 days if they wanted. You'd just have a lot of overlap, so if you wanted you could do 20 Galactic Challenges in a single weekend when your friends are at a music festival you didn't want to go to.

When everything is daily content - and nearly everything is in this game - you don't have the luxury of playing when you would have the most fun. It becomes a chore instead of a game.

Now, I understand that they want to force you to open the app daily, it keeps people addicted, keeps people invested. There's going to be a certain amount of that, and that's just something we have to tolerate in any game like this.

But there's no reason to fool yourself into thinking that if you only have 6 hours to complete something that this means they'll offer a new one every six hours. Time to complete and frequency of recurrence are not the same thing.

Smart commenters would treat them like separate concepts and would also understand the value of overlapping events and of time-shifting content to the days you have more time and desire for more gaming.

I play every day with two accounts. It seems lately that they try not to have any events on weekends at all which is when a lot of people have more time. So I'm not sure on the goal of that.

But yeah they could just post all the events for the month and then let you do them whenever. But just making them each available for a week would be ok. Since if you put them all up at once you'd have people do them all at once and complain about being bored the rest of the month.

So I think some spacing would be needed still.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    @DarkHelmet1138

I play every day with two accounts. It seems lately that they try not to have any events on weekends at all which is when a lot of people have more time. So I'm not sure on the goal of that.

But yeah they could just post all the events for the month and then let you do them whenever. But just making them each available for a week would be ok. Since if you put them all up at once you'd have people do them all at once and complain about being bored the rest of the month.

I realize this is largely anecdotal, but my guild is less active on weekends - not more. Many people with families, commitments, activities, social events, etc. on weekends actually have a little bit more time during the week. I actually like when there is less going on in-game on weekends. Maybe their data shows that people actually play less on the weekends - I don't know.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @DarkHelmet1138

I realize this is largely anecdotal, but my guild is less active on weekends - not more. Many people with families, commitments, activities, social events, etc. on weekends actually have a little bit more time during the week. I actually like when there is less going on in-game on weekends. Maybe their data shows that people actually play less on the weekends - I don't know.

Maybe. My experience is largely anecdotal too so who knows. But I'm busier during the week with work than with the weekends with my days off.

But making the events last for a week at a time would solve the issue for everyone regardless of when they are busiest. Just make all the events for the week available at the beginning of the week and give you a week to do them. Should be easy enough.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @DarkHelmet1138

My experience has been the same across many guilds. Chats come to a halt besides game orders, people excuse themselves skipping things etc.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    @DarkHelmet1138

Maybe. My experience is largely anecdotal too so who knows. But I'm busier during the week with work than with the weekends with my days off.

But making the events last for a week at a time would solve the issue for everyone regardless of when they are busiest. Just make all the events for the week available at the beginning of the week and give you a week to do them. Should be easy enough.

Agreed. I would prefer events (especially Assault Battles) had a larger window of time to do them in. That way, even if you're normally free, but happen to be unusually busy on a particular day, you don't miss it - or feel like you have to cram it in.

• What I care about, is being excited about a team I've been working on and being able to jump into a battle and play with them. My #1 requirement for fun is being able to take a team composition of my choosing into a battle any time of the day. Galactic Challenges gave me that until they stopped being back to back
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    What I care about, is being excited about a team I've been working on and being able to jump into a battle and play with them. My #1 requirement for fun is being able to take a team composition of my choosing into a battle any time of the day. Galactic Challenges gave me that until they stopped being back to back

Yep. Back to back was better. For me, I'd love them to run Friday afternoon-Monday, with a new one dropping Monday afternoon going through Friday again. Keep the cycle going with different factions, feats and modifiers, and it would be one of the better events in a long time.

• What I'd like to see for GC would be for it to run once a week (with better rewards) but have each one have like 5 faction feats in addition to the feat that is there.

So you could beat it with 5 different teams and theory craft it all week if needed. It would add the replayability they advertised.

Sure it lasts for 3 days now and you have to play each tier twice to get the undersize and the faction feat (which beating the battle with 4 sith and no one else should count for the faction since all your characters are sith. Making you do it twice for this reason is just dumb) but it's done in 10 minutes if you have the teams and dine except for the faction feats in 10 minutes if you don't.
  • Agree with DH1138, wish they had more faction feats per event. Your Imp team can beat it, but how about your Seppies? Your Jedi knocked it out, what about your Rebs? With the right rewards, GC could really encourage broad development of one’s toons (which I would think might encourage spending on the game).
  • @DarkHelmet1138 & @SWBSD

I also proposed that back at the beginning: make the events easier (not necessarily a lot easier, but some), and then parcel the rewards out where you can collect the reward for "Do this tier with X faction" up to 5 times, but each time has to be with a different faction. Sure, you could pick up partial rewards more easily by having one faction ready to do the (somewhat easier) event, but you couldn't pick up the full rewards without having a very broad roster.

That would actually reward what they said they wanted to reward - using your full roster instead of just having a GL - while adding replayability. And actually, replayability was also something that they said that they wanted.
  • I'm so happy that one month past the "Exhibition Season", we have such clarity from CG on the future of this new and exciting content (endless well).

It is so exciting they don't even have to mention it (or actually put is in game everyday).
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The next Galactic Challenge should reward Mk2 mod parts.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ok why is the new mod stuff in the next GC but stun guns are not?

We still need stun guns and stun cuff relief.

I hope this is just the preview of rewards isnt showing them all
  • HumbleMumble
    1017 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    *ignore*
  • I think they screwed up the t4 lucky shot xD
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think they screwed up the t4 lucky shot xD

Shhhh!!! don't tell CG!
    Everyone, grab that reward quick before they remove it in case it's a mistake on their part!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ok why is the new mod stuff in the next GC but stun guns are not?

We still need stun guns and stun cuff relief.

I hope this is just the preview of rewards isnt showing them all

Ok good it was just not listed in the preview.

I will also give credit where due.... the new mod stuff is tied to finishing with any team and also doing the full squad feat.

That is perfect. Well done
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    My only real complaint here is the inclusion of the crit feat.

If you are going to do these type of things.... we need a counter.

Sure this one is way easier to get than last time.... but at tier 4.... its over before i get to 30 but i have no idea how close or far i am.
  • Mon Mothma with low gear rebels easily manage the 30 crit feat.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    My only real complaint here is the inclusion of the crit feat.

If you are going to do these type of things.... we need a counter.

Sure this one is way easier to get than last time.... but at tier 4.... its over before i get to 30 but i have no idea how close or far i am.

It carries over from each run. To do t1 I autod it 20 times with my arena team.
  • We get to upgrade 1 mods just once?? Like do you guys honestly need feedback to tell you that's ridiculously low. I just can't believe you're that stupid. Either galactic challenges become a daily thing or raise the new mod material rewards. You guys are just exhausting, it's like working with a cheap car dealer with you guys, constantly being low balled and everything is a fight.