Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• The actual event was much better this time, the rewards still need work. 3 fully crafted pieces are nice, but we need way more mk2 mod slicing materials in each gc to make them worth it
  • That was the easiest one so far. opponents never even attacked. JKL just obliterated EP every round. JKA helped me get 30 crits in t7
  • We get to upgrade 1 mods just once?? Like do you guys honestly need feedback to tell you that's ridiculously low.

The minimum - MINIMUM - number of mats to reward someone who completes all tiers & feats necessary to be reasonable is enough slicing mats to take 6 mods from 6E to 6A every week.

That's right, one character completes ALL mod slicing each week, so that in a year you can do 50 toons, and 4 years from now you can do all of them.

FOUR YEARS to complete all your toons. That's not some generous rate. That's very slow. And that's with fully upgrading 6 mods in a single week. AND it assumes you can complete every single feat every week. Anything less than that is completely unacceptable.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited October 2020
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think they screwed up the t4 lucky shot xD
    This wasn't intentional but we are going to leave it as is for this event. Just don't expect complete Droid Callers in future :)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    We get to upgrade 1 mods just once?? Like do you guys honestly need feedback to tell you that's ridiculously low.

The minimum - MINIMUM - number of mats to reward someone who completes all tiers & feats necessary to be reasonable is enough slicing mats to take 6 mods from 6E to 6A every week.

That's right, one character completes ALL mod slicing each week, so that in a year you can do 50 toons, and 4 years from now you can do all of them.

FOUR YEARS to complete all your toons. That's not some generous rate. That's very slow. And that's with fully upgrading 6 mods in a single week. AND it assumes you can complete every single feat every week. Anything less than that is completely unacceptable.

Lol there's no such thing as completing mods. It will become farmable soon and you'll be paying for the completion you desire. By your definition of completion how many 6e mods did you even have upto the point of release of new thing? Were you trying to complete them?

Obviously the current rate is not fine, but you went way overboard.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Lol there's no such thing as completing mods. It will become farmable soon and you'll be paying for the completion you desire. By your definition of completion how many 6e mods did you even have upto the point of release of new thing? Were you trying to complete them?

When did they say they would be farmable? From my understanding, GCs are the exclusive event for them.

• TVF
    36573 posts Member
    We get to upgrade 1 mods just once?? Like do you guys honestly need feedback to tell you that's ridiculously low.

Hahahaha
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    MaruMaru wrote: »

When did they say they would be farmable? From my understanding, GCs are the exclusive event for them.

Nowhere, just taking a guess at this point. Did they say anywhere these will be exclusive to gcs? If that turns out to be case our new mod mat incomes will start differing by gc success.

This rate, 5x of this rate or 25x of this rate makes no difference. There's no such thing as completing all your mods. What matters is how an account compares to their competition.
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Nowhere, just taking a guess at this point. Did they say anywhere these will be exclusive to gcs? If that turns out to be case our new mod mat incomes will start differing by gc success.

This rate, 5x of this rate or 25x of this rate makes no difference. There's no such thing as completing all your mods. What matters is how an account compares to their competition.

From this message about the 6-A mods when they announced them:
    uf4vrfcbl51w.png
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    No mention of exclusivity there, it's just how they are released initially.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    This wasn't intentional but we are going to leave it as is for this event. Just don't expect complete Droid Callers in future :)

Give that man a raise
  • I think CG might be able to leverage this mistake into a marketing gimmick for Galactic Challenges. All they need to do is to put an easter egg like this into the rewards every few galactic challenges and it'll greatly increase the excitement around the event.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    My only real complaint here is the inclusion of the crit feat.

If you are going to do these type of things.... we need a counter.

Sure this one is way easier to get than last time.... but at tier 4.... its over before i get to 30 but i have no idea how close or far i am.

It carries over from each run. To do t1 I autod it 20 times with my arena team.

Oh i did them all. Used a scoundrel squad rhats lower gear and my bounty hunters to do the first few tiers. Last 3 i used a jedi squad and made sure to save palps for last.

Id just like a counter to show me if im close
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    We get to upgrade 1 mods just once?? Like do you guys honestly need feedback to tell you that's ridiculously low. I just can't believe you're that stupid. Either galactic challenges become a daily thing or raise the new mod material rewards. You guys are just exhausting, it's like working with a cheap car dealer with you guys, constantly being low balled and everything is a fight.

I agree with this.... and they didnt even add packs which i would have expected.... but not bought
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Thank the lord. But why can't CG do more stuff like this in the future?

Maybe fully crafted stun guns?

So... what you are saying is that we should expect fully crafted MKV Stun Guns instead? :smile:
    Honestly though, thank you all so much for leaving it. Those three pieces really meant a lot to my roster.
  • Then again it makes sense to "accidently" add them since without them this weeks GC rewards would have been a fair decrease from last weeks GC rewards.
  • I was so hopeful that this events rewards would refresh today.
    It looks like this is going to be a 3 day event 4 times a month. You will be able to take 1 mod to 6A a month (maybe less).
    Who is ready to swim in the ocean of new content?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I was so hopeful that this events rewards would refresh today.
    It looks like this is going to be a 3 day event 4 times a month. You will be able to take 1 mod to 6A a month (maybe less).
    Who is ready to swim in the ocean of new content?

Don't worry, there will be packs to speed it up...
  • bisto_760 wrote: »
    We get to upgrade 1 mods just once?? Like do you guys honestly need feedback to tell you that's ridiculously low. I just can't believe you're that stupid. Either galactic challenges become a daily thing or raise the new mod material rewards. You guys are just exhausting, it's like working with a cheap car dealer with you guys, constantly being low balled and everything is a fight.

So true
  • I love the GC today. Fun well of replayable content. Just what we needed today for farming mods to 6A.
  • How is this a *Game Mode* when it's only one a week? there needs to be a new one available all the time
  • Moechenche wrote: »
    How is this a *Game Mode* when it's only one a week? there needs to be a new one available all the time

This. Or at least 2/week. Now we wait until Friday again. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Something they could add to GC would be all our energyies.
    It helps us with gear crunch without them having to give us gear we dont want.

• No communication of timing, nothing on the calendar, no schedule since the exhibition ended in early September. Who is to say there will be a GC next week? There I no indication that there will be. Nothing in game for events today and no GC event coming up.

I guess CH didn’t want to drowned us in this ocean of new content. Or bother communicating with us.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    My events tab is empty of any active events today. It sure would have been nice to have a GC to play around in. :(

Apparently CG wants me to go play some other game....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    My events tab is empty of any active events today. It sure would have been nice to have a GC to play around in. :(

Apparently CG wants me to go play some other game....

Dont worry GC is designed to give you something to do daily.... lol

Its just too bad they dont run it daily with daily reset of feats.
  • w4mnb1exjbcs.jpg

Oceans of content????

Lol, Must be the dead sea.