Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Legend91 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    So playing galactic challenge. Having another level to aspire to is a good idea. Enter the ever stupid unkillable nightsister. Dumbest idea on any game ever. Cant beat them, they just keep coming back to life. Back to the drawing board for a GOOD idea

You're just bad at the game. The GC is fine.

It blows my mind we still have the “git gud” people. This game is not about skill at all. It’s 100% based on spending and resource management. And a huge dose of luck.

It's interesting how some familiar names are showing up in the top 50 kyber over and over and over again. And I'm not talking about the MM exploiters, I'm talking about 6m++ (multiple) GL owners with 520k+ lifetime banners.
    All luck I guess.

$$$

Ah, so the more $$$ I spend the more successful I'll be in GAC? Good to know.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So playing galactic challenge. Having another level to aspire to is a good idea. Enter the ever stupid unkillable nightsister. Dumbest idea on any game ever. Cant beat them, they just keep coming back to life. Back to the drawing board for a GOOD idea

It blows my mind we still have the “git gud” people. This game is not about skill at all. It’s 100% based on spending and resource management. And a huge dose of luck.

It's interesting how some familiar names are showing up in the top 50 kyber over and over and over again. And I'm not talking about the MM exploiters, I'm talking about 6m++ (multiple) GL owners with 520k+ lifetime banners.
    All luck I guess.

$$$

Then how do you explain the number of people who do $$$ and are not at the top?
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Starslayer wrote: »

It's a puzzle. Have fun solving it ;)

You know you could just give him hints or not reply.

Hes right in that its an annoying modifier as it makes you fight night sisters in a way you would never ever want to do in gac, tw, or arena.

Hence the unique puzzle. It's the whole point of GC, offer us a unique set of modifiers that create fighting conditions that don't exist in other aspects of the game. Some are more fun/interesting than others, no argument there. But so far, all were solvable.
  • So playing galactic challenge. Having another level to aspire to is a good idea. Enter the ever stupid unkillable nightsister. Dumbest idea on any game ever. Cant beat them, they just keep coming back to life. Back to the drawing board for a GOOD idea

Chewpio. g8. zeta. no more t7. Not a hard GC.

Hes right in that its an annoying modifier as it makes you fight night sisters in a way you would never ever want to do in gac, tw, or arena.

I guess I'm not as fluent as you guys are. Maybe it depends on which team you have, but it shouldn't or it becomes unwinnable for some. It doesn't seem to matter what order you kill them in, they all bounce back to life immediately. This was mentioned as an extreme imbalance when Talzin was first brought in. One of her zeta abilities is unlimited revive. No one dies. Ever. Stupid
  • I'm with Gary.

The dead-but-alive, lying down and still attacking 'sisters. Getting everybody but one dead with an AoE, then watching them all revive because of the speed buff and back to back attacks to make 10 turns less in one. Turn meter management? The only team I can keep mostly alive after the first mass attacks in tier 5+ is Rebels and sometimes Galactic Republic; how does one manage tm with no idea how many repeated attacks my own characters are going to take? They kill 'em when I don't want them to and leave them alive when I want them dead.

I do appreciate the advice and push for advice (versus reminding me to get better). I've tried it with gear 10 Sabine, gear 8+, zeta'd T&C, and every faction but jawas. Can't underside tier 5 on, and missed the first-come, first-served rewards for tier 6 without getting close. This GC may like the Finalizer event once you understand it, but I'm struggling to enjoy the puzzle. And I won't see the rewards at this rate regardless.
  • If everyone would be able to get all the rewards -once they solve the puzzle- event will be the same as our autod daily challenges. It isn't. You'd do yourself a favor squezzing all possible though and you may to plan to flesh out some parts of your roster better in the future.
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Stryde wrote: »
    I'm with Gary.

The dead-but-alive, lying down and still attacking 'sisters. Getting everybody but one dead with an AoE, then watching them all revive because of the speed buff and back to back attacks to make 10 turns less in one. Turn meter management? The only team I can keep mostly alive after the first mass attacks in tier 5+ is Rebels and sometimes Galactic Republic; how does one manage tm with no idea how many repeated attacks my own characters are going to take? They kill 'em when I don't want them to and leave them alive when I want them dead.

I do appreciate the advice and push for advice (versus reminding me to get better). I've tried it with gear 10 Sabine, gear 8+, zeta'd T&C, and every faction but jawas. Can't underside tier 5 on, and missed the first-come, first-served rewards for tier 6 without getting close. This GC may like the Finalizer event once you understand it, but I'm struggling to enjoy the puzzle. And I won't see the rewards at this rate regardless.

CLS. Raid Han. Chewbacca. 3PO. Chewpio. That's all you need. multiple attacks come from crits. mod for crit chance but I didn't even have to move my mods. and my Chewpio is 3* g8 with his zeta. It's really not that difficult. For undersize DRevs-Badsty-Malak
  • Kyno wrote: »

All luck I guess.

$$$

Maybe more than 50 people $$$ so there isn't enough room for all the people who $$$ at the top?

I see valid points on both sides, however there was a time when spending wasn't required to be at the top. With the demands invested into unlocking new GL and the rate of new characters being added its no longer possible to maintain pace using solely strategy... even some spending and strategy no longer sufficient. now it feels u need to whale and also need to know strategy to compete. No one has 3GLs and top GAC and arenas without spending an amount equivalent to several $ signs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

All luck I guess.

$$$

Maybe more than 50 people $$$ so there isn't enough room for all the people who $$$ at the top?

I see valid points on both sides, however there was a time when spending wasn't required to be at the top. With the demands invested into unlocking new GL and the rate of new characters being added its no longer possible to maintain pace using solely strategy... even some spending and strategy no longer sufficient. now it feels u need to whale and also need to know strategy to compete. No one has 3GLs and top GAC and arenas without spending an amount equivalent to several $ signs.

Spending is never nor has it ever been required to be at the top. GLs didnt change that.

Sure, but not everyone at the top of GAC and arena has 3 GLs.

I guess I'm not as fluent as you guys are. Maybe it depends on which team you have, but it shouldn't or it becomes unwinnable for some. It doesn't seem to matter what order you kill them in, they all bounce back to life immediately. This was mentioned as an extreme imbalance when Talzin was first brought in. One of her zeta abilities is unlimited revive. No one dies. Ever. Stupid

Just get them all down to almost dead. Then aoe
  • Stryde wrote: »
    I'm with Gary.

CLS. Raid Han. Chewbacca. 3PO. Chewpio. That's all you need. multiple attacks come from crits. mod for crit chance but I didn't even have to move my mods. and my Chewpio is 3* g8 with his zeta. It's really not that difficult. For undersize DRevs-Badsty-Malak

I did with cls, raid han, chewbacca, r2 and old ben
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Also.

Here
    enlrf17xyttd.jpg

Takes time, but you get that 10 and hit that chewy aoe.... and boom you have ten turns to beat zombie.

Edit....
    This was tier 7 and everyone is at the r5 lrvel needed for JML except r2 who is r7.

My cls is also r5 because hes a good character that was worth more than r3 (the JKL required level), so i took him to r5 to round out the squad a few months back
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
    I'm with Gary.

Well, if you tackle tier 5 with a g10 and g8+ team you're looking for trouble, because you're opponents are g13 Oo

Si you'll probably won't see the higher tiers rewards, but it's not because you're struggling with the puzzle. The fact that you were able to beat tier 4 is already a achievement ;)
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm with Gary.

Well, if you tackle tier 5 with a g10 and g8+ team you're looking for trouble, because you're opponents are g13 Oo

Si you'll probably won't see the higher tiers rewards, but it's not because you're struggling with the puzzle. The fact that you were able to beat tier 4 is already a achievement ;)

I appreciate the wink, but that's not exactly what I'm talking about. I was giving examples from people who were actually giving advice.

Of course I have room to grow. But I'm guessing I'm just not smart enough at the moment.
    0oz24nmh44ql.jpg

[EDIT: Even a broken clock, I guess...]
    dxviqd1jfjte.jpg
    Post edited by Stryde on
    I'm with Gary.

I appreciate the wink, but that's not exactly what I'm talking about. I was giving examples from people who were actually giving advice.

Of course I have room to grow. But I'm guessing I'm just not smart enough at the moment.
    0oz24nmh44ql.jpg

[EDIT: Even a broken clock, I guess...]
    dxviqd1jfjte.jpg
    Ok then, sorry for the mix.up.
    About undersizing and t7, if it's an option, gas or wat preventing revive should.get the job done.
  • Probably asked before but I don't have time to read the whole thread...
    Why stop GC at the end of the week-end? :/
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    gmzv2kngeaaw.jpeg
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Probably asked before but I don't have time to read the whole thread...
    Why stop GC at the end of the week-end? :/

• I’m usually on the critical side when it comes to how CG implement things, but the people complaining about this NS challenge did not try to adapt to the pointers given to them by the community. With the info given I managed to complete all Rebel challenges with one low relic CLS and the rest G12 + a 4 star chewpio G8. And I actually repeated it several times with no reward just because it was a fun challenge.

When they first released GC with all the good rewards behind a hard relic 5 wall I felt like they reached a new low. But after tweaking it I think this could be something fun, if they just make it repeatable on a daily basis.

All luck I guess.

$$$

Define being "at the top". If you mean overall (including TW, TB, worlds first [insert irrelevant first one to complete challenge here], etc.) then yes, $$ will be needed to build up that huge roster and relic everything out. If you mean being at the top of the GAC leaderboard it's actually quite the opposite - the less you dump into your roster and the harder you exploit the MM system the higher your chances to get all the easy banners with 63/64 pt undersize wins and easier feat completions due to overall weaker squads you need to attack.
    Even if you have 1 or more GL's and all the other meta squads built up, it's still possible to get into the top 50 and that is very well achievable without having spent anything. My overall spending on this game is bout 110-120$ (from Dec 2015 - early 2018, 100% f2p since then and I'll never drop a single cent on this game for reasons) so I'd consider myself f2p and I could easily get a 2nd GL right now if I wanted to (still waiting it out a bit). It's tough to get into the top 50 but I managed to do it again this season (maybe top 10 if ppl have lost their final match) - requires skill though, something that people like JerrickKharr87 don't want to believe/hear.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2020

All luck I guess.

$$$

Define being "at the top". If you mean overall (including TW, TB, worlds first [insert irrelevant first one to complete challenge here], etc.) then yes, $$ will be needed to build up that huge roster and relic everything out. If you mean being at the top of the GAC leaderboard it's actually quite the opposite - the less you dump into your roster and the harder you exploit the MM system the higher your chances to get all the easy banners with 63/64 pt undersize wins and easier feat completions due to overall weaker squads you need to attack.
    Even if you have 1 or more GL's and all the other meta squads built up, it's still possible to get into the top 50 and that is very well achievable without having spent anything. My overall spending on this game is bout 110-120$ (from Dec 2015 - early 2018, 100% f2p since then and I'll never drop a single cent on this game for reasons) so I'd consider myself f2p and I could easily get a 2nd GL right now if I wanted to (still waiting it out a bit). It's tough to get into the top 50 but I managed to do it again this season (maybe top 10 if ppl have lost their final match) - requires skill though, something that people like JerrickKharr87 don't want to believe/hear.

There are a lot of reasons people spend a lot and aren't at the top. Maybe they didn't join gac or are semi active and just have lots of income. I took a 40 foot stretch hummer to get 3 slices of pizza last weekend but had just made 8k extra that day on a good bet so it's a drop in the bucket.

Furthermore.
    Gac divisions and scoring is a bit broken especially the 80 max in Div 1... that's why u see low end rosters dominating divisions.

There are many what I would call obvious reasons why people who spend don't make up the 100% of top 50 (limited 50 spots and poor matchmaking are the biggest) but to say you don't need to spend to be at the top is disingenuous.

The only reason u see 4.7m gp in top 50 is because they getting matched with much easier competition than their other Div 1 opponents at 6.8m gp.

If division 1 fought vs division 1 to see who's the actual best in division 1 without the biased matchmaking that favors lean rosters there would not be ANY sub 5m gp people in the top 50 and I bet it would all be people who spent several significant $$$.

TW, TB, is already like this dominated by those who spend the most that's 100% clear and undisputable... GAC is an exception but only because the matchmaking is a year old and hasn't been updated. Once or if they ever fix divisions expanding Div 1 this exception for f2p to beat whales in division 1 will disappear.

That's my point. I was just expanding on kylo asking why the whole top 50 isn't all whales. There are lots of reasons for that.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

All luck I guess.

$$$

Gac divisions and scoring is a bit broken especially the 80 max in Div 1... that's why u see low end rosters dominating divisions.

The only reason u see 4.7m gp in top 50 is because they getting matched with much easier competition than their other Div 1 opponents at 6.8m gp.

6.8m vs 6.8m is not harder, it's different. With those numbers, you probably face an opponent who has the same teams as you have, as you geared everyone. So there is almost no strategy involved (in the resource management sense), only tactics.

4.7m vs 4.7m makes your strategic choices more relevant, because roster are more diverse. So strategy plays a key part. So if you made strategic decisions (again, in the resource management sense) towards GAC performance, you're rewarded with easier match ups. It doesn't mean that the system is flawed, just that it rewards strategy. The whole point of strategy is to not fight fair after all.

TL;DR: At the top of GAC, you'll see great strategist around 5M GP and great tacticians around 7m GP. (It's more diverse than that, but you get the gist)

• How is it we went from the February Q&A with the promise of new content this year to a few new character and this one weekly Galactic Challenges event?

CG hyped the "new content" so much and then gave us this. It is not that Galactic Challenges are bad, they are OK. Galactic Challenge in no way live up the hype from CG.

This year is pathetic. CG can keep saying whatever they want and add a new community manager but they still have not shown us much of anything at all. I tired of the promises and then the result fizzling out.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    How is it we went from the February Q&A with the promise of new content this year to a few new character and this one weekly Galactic Challenges event?

CG hyped the "new content" so much and then gave us this. It is not that Galactic Challenges are bad, they are OK. Galactic Challenge in no way live up the hype from CG.

This year is pathetic. CG can keep saying whatever they want and add a new community manager but they still have not shown us much of anything at all. I tired of the promises and then the result fizzling out.

Yep. I agree with this.

New guy is doing fine but the issue is a full year of nothing much and empty or broken promises.

While over in MSF i get about 3 characters every 1.5 - 2 months and new game modes, a new level system similar but not like mods, and on top of that WEEKLY COMMUNICATION.

Not to mention the devs addressing issues super quick on discord and watching their youtube community.

Its not all roses over that way either but its worlds ahead of what CG did this year.
  • mip01saol93x.pngl
    @CG_Doja_Fett I'm speechless. What is this? Recontacted EA Support but the folks there aren't really that helpful. All the time spent to get the missing rewards. It's getting out of hand.
  • Guar
    44 posts Member
    I will second @Ralakili0383:
    78fvgo9bo6pd.png

Any word @CG_Doja_Fett?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They are aware of the blank messages and are looking into it.
  • Guar
    44 posts Member
    Thank you, @Kyno!
    They are aware of the blank messages and are looking into it.
    Thanks. That doesn't really make it better though. Hopefully Doja can shed some light into why this happened.
  • If anyone is missing the e-mail and knows that they should have received one, reseting the game worked for me.