Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• DuneFlint wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Why does CG insist on giving us stupid RNG checks? THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN

There is literally nothing fun about hunting for RNG, and just like with the stupid AB that uses NS, CG builds something that absolutely smokes their mechanics with these forced dots.

Well, if you're not using a full r7 ns team then the rng is in fact your fault, not cgs

This definitely wins most ignorant comment of the day lol.

Sorry dune, it’s not the players fault for CG developing a game mode that is incredibly reliant upon stuns landing, revives timing correctly, and AI targeting. Even relic NS are subject to RNG checks at a erroneously high level.

So you're saying that using a team thats not nearly as strong as what the event is tuned for shouldn't be rng reliant? I mean I guess you're right, you should just outright lose 100% of the time.

Point just totally flew over your head. Even the R5 NS that you say should win easily still need massive RNG to do so. The mechanics itself based on the reflecting damage, the dots and required stuns to stop cleanses and health recovery still make it an insanely RNG dependent structure that even R7 NS will struggle with. You can’t just brute your way through it as you’ll die instantly.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

There is literally nothing fun about hunting for RNG, and just like with the stupid AB that uses NS, CG builds something that absolutely smokes their mechanics with these forced dots.

Well, if you're not using a full r7 ns team then the rng is in fact your fault, not cgs

Sorry dune, it’s not the players fault for CG developing a game mode that is incredibly reliant upon stuns landing, revives timing correctly, and AI targeting. Even relic NS are subject to RNG checks at a erroneously high level.

So you're saying that using a team thats not nearly as strong as what the event is tuned for shouldn't be rng reliant? I mean I guess you're right, you should just outright lose 100% of the time.

Point just totally flew over your head. Even the R5 NS that you say should win easily still need massive RNG to do so. The mechanics itself based on the reflecting damage, the dots and required stuns to stop cleanses and health recovery still make it an insanely RNG dependent structure that even R7 NS will struggle with. You can’t just brute your way through it as you’ll die instantly.

Ns are probably one of the easier teams to do this event with.

1. They have a cleanser
    2. They can revive so if they die from dots or reflection it doesn't hurt you much
    3. Under mt lead you want one or two ns to die. You just need to manage keeping daka alive so you can revive them as needed.
    4. The dots don't reappear on revives ns.

I beat it with mostly g12 ns and it only took 2 or 3 tries. That isn't that bad.
  • People are complaining about this one too? Seriously? First off, it's not that RNG dependent (I did tier 7 on the first try - 5 & 6 to 2 or 3 attempts maybe). I have two relic NS - the rest are g12.

The strategy is fairly obvious too - run a Talzin lead (so the combination of plague and dots eats your opponents without direct damage from you) and make sure Talia's in there to cleanse the dots and heal with Vent occasionally.

Forums: WE WANT NEW CONTENT!!!!1!!
    CG: Here's GC's - not as often as we suggested, but some fun with okay rewards.
    Forums: NOT THAT!!! WE NEEDZ AUTO-ABLE CONTENT!@!!!!

C'mon man.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

You're right it is flying right over my head. I just lost once out of 10 tries so it must be purely rng that let me win those 9 other tries. It couldn't possibly be gear, mod or strategy related.
  • Now I understand why we had twice the same battle for GC this month. OK, that was fair. Bring on the new dudes !
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Got it ^^. I just need to relic one or two nightsisters or be "mostly gear 12" to beat it with the GC team.

I'm actually getting worse at tier 5 each time.

I was wrong the last GC about not being able to get good, so here's to two weeks in a row!
  • Stryde wrote: »
    Got it ^^. I just need to relic one or two nightsisters or be "mostly gear 12" to beat it with the GC team.

I was wrong the last GC about not being able to get good, so here's to two weeks in a row!

Not really. You might want to check out this thread : https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237521/gc-my-sisters-in-the-night#latest

Yackul did T7 with no relics, a 5* Talzin lead and a 6* zombie. (so 2 sub-g12)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • I did tier 7 with this

ofdxfj27mm7c.jpgnozu4xus3ijr.jpg

It did take rng... but thats because im well under geared for the event.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Stryde wrote: »

Not really. You might want to check out this thread : https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237521/gc-my-sisters-in-the-night#latest

Yackul did T7 with no relics, a 5* Talzin lead and a 6* zombie. (so 2 sub-g12)

I whine, then I make it through. However, this pattern is not what I want to model for my children.

I'm pretty sure that thread is where the suggestion was to keep the big 2 stunned and then take out the AoE peeps. It worked well enough. Thank you.

So far, each GC, I've struggled (for the most part), read up on advice from the forums, practiced (much more than I truly want to), then been able to reach 2/3 or 3/3 feats on tier 7. I was able to beat tier 7 with this squad, as was suggested was possible:
    q5ptsk2z8nnd.jpg
  • This Droid GC was really entertaining. No G13 Separatist Droids for me so I had to get creative:

cxsdr3l5rk5b.png

7yorhe4n41mj.png
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Nice, I finally got t7 with this:
    n8g9uubxiuis.png
    Distraction to blind everyone and strip taunt, then keep Vader stun locked until dead. Event modifier keeps LS droids alive. Bb8 is a must so your droids go before vader.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • What do you mean keeps droids alive? My BB8 dies almost instantly.
  • What do you mean keeps droids alive? My BB8 dies almost instantly.

and I regularly get my BB8 to pull off his ID
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    This Droid GC was really entertaining. No G13 Separatist Droids for me so I had to get creative:

Very nice, I do have relic sep droids and cleared with those. I decided to try it again using your line up, started at the top and lost, backed down a tier and lost until I got back to tier 4. No relics, 4* Chewpio and only level 3 leader on HK.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    My GG is relic'd (R4). Same lineup as recommended above. R2 and BB8 modded for HSTR. Everybody else per Gaming Fans recommendations but with b-level mods. I'm only keeping GG and B1 alive by the end.
    h6rv82htub30.jpg
    evm45uodc6by.jpg

Post edited by Stryde on
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    What do you mean keeps droids alive? My BB8 dies almost instantly.

and I regularly get my BB8 to pull off his ID

Oh cool...thanks for that. Real helpful man.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    What do you mean keeps droids alive? My BB8 dies almost instantly.

With bb8 in your squad, all your droids should go first. If the don't, put a lot more speed on BB8 (mine has a so-so 283). 3&C can blind everyone so you don't take any damage and R2 and GG can keep Vader stunlocked so he never takes a turn (this is pretty much imperitive).

The event modifier for players also gives droids the ability to inflict Target Lock on a crit, and recover 10% protection whenever they damage a target locked enemy. While B1 can't crit, it can target lock with its special. The 10% protection recovery should offset the damage GG does long enough for you to kill Vader and a couple of his minions. With BB8 taunting after his wiggle, and blind active on the enemies, any enemy attacks that happen will cause BB8 to evade and give all droids 8% TM. At that point you should be outrunning the imperials without much trouble, especially with all the target lock giving TM to GG and B1.

BB8, R2, and 3&C will probably die before the end of the battle, but B1 and GG are basically just mopping up at that point. There's no Flawless Victory feat so it doesn't really matter.

xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    There's no Flawless Victory feat so it doesn't really matter.

Thank goodness! Excellent write up concisely describing this particular can of worms.
  • Really fun GC this time. Still hoping for multiple faction feats in the future, but this was interesting and had a great sense of levity to it.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Struggling with this week's GC in every way. Only two gear 12 bounty hunters (father and son), an R4 Bossk, and gear 8 or lower jawas. No GL or Malak. I just can't figure out any tricks at all, and I feel there have been tricks for undergeared squads before. I'm glad the new characters are unlocked in the earlier tiers...
    Post edited by Stryde on
  • I sympathize with you Stryde, too busy to keep trying this weekend, haven't been able to complete the BH only feat in the last 3 tiers. I have the same team as others that have completed it, even with 1 more star on Mando than they have. Anyone care to share more on how they completed? Thanks.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    If it helps, for my run in the other thread I had:

zzBossk R3 with +121 speed all 6E health mods
    zJango G11 with +95 speed, speed and potency
    Boba G12 with +112 speed 6E Crit damage and Crit chance
    Mando G8 +105 speed CD/CC
    Greef G7 +115 speed and health mods

No Omegas or Zetas at all on Greef or Mando.
  • Vendi, thanks for posting your speeds, that's what I was missing from your other post, got some time tonight, will give it a few more goes.
  • It's a pure RNG fest for the opening moves until you pop the payouts.
  • Thank you, both. I'll try your recommendations, Vendi.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    lx6zyquszjyj.png
    Still running a 99.99% success. Only feat to allude me was that silly sith one when you need the weakest possible sith to complete and unfortunately mine just are not weak enough.
  • Ya, thanks RNGesus for the attempts we try at your behest.
  • Are we getting a new year present, or?

jwugug1n7ak3.png
  • Latest Old Republic event is ****, I've got high level OR and they just don't compete vs Jedi Rey with Heroic finn/poe, C3PO, and holdo.
  • Eb0nHawk wrote: »
    Latest Old Republic event is ****, I've got high level OR and they just don't compete vs Jedi Rey with Heroic finn/poe, C3PO, and holdo.

By "high level" do you mean relic level? If not, that's why. The highest tier opponents are relic level - if you're not, that might have something to do with it.